Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Continued from: Romans Chapter 8

Romans 9 (CLV)

1 The truth am I telling in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifying together with me in holy spirit, 2 2 That my sorrow is great, and unintermittent pain is in my heart -" 3 for I myself wished to be anathema from Christ - for my brethren, my relatives according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites, whose is the sonship and the glory and the covenants and the legislation and the divine service and the promises;" 5 whose are the fathers, and out of whom is the Christ according to the flesh, Who is over all, God be blessed for the eons. Amen!" 6 Now it is not such as that the word of God has lapsed, for not all those out of Israel, these are Israel;" 7 neither that Abraham's seed are all children, but "In Isaac shall your seed be called." 8 That is, that the children of the flesh, not these are the children of God, but the children of the promise is He reckoning for the seed." 9 For the word of the promise is this: At "this seasonI shall come "and there will be for Sarah a son." 10 Yet, not only so, but Rebecca also is having her bed of one, Isaac, our father." 11 For, not as yet being born, nor putting into practice anything good or bad, that the purpose of God may be remaining as a choice, not out of acts, but of Him Who is calling, 12 it was declared to her that "The greater shall be slaving for the inferior, 13 According as it is written, "Jacob I love, yet Esau I hate." 14 What, then, shall we be declaring? Not that there is injustice with God? May it not be coming to that!" 15 For to Moses He is saying, "I shall be merciful to whomever I may be merciful, and I shall be pitying whomever I may be pitying." 16 Consequently, then, it is not of him who is willing, nor of him who is racing, but of God, the Merciful." 17 For the scripture is saying to Pharaoh that "For this selfsame thing I rouse you up, so that I should be displaying in you My power, and so that My name should be published in the entire earth." 18 Consequently, then, to whom He will, He is merciful, yet whom He will, He is hardening." 19 You will be protesting to me, then, "Why, then, is He still blaming? for who has withstood His intention? 20 O man! who are you, to be sure, who are answering again to God? That which is molded will not protest to the molder, "Why do you make me thus? 21 Or has not the potter the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet one for dishonor? 22 Now if God, wanting to display His indignation and to make His powerful doings known, carries, with much patience, the vessels of indignation, adapted for destruction, 23 it is that He should also be making known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He makes ready before for glory -" 24 us, whom He calls also, not only out of the Jews, but out of the nations also." 25 As He is saying in Hosea also: I shall be calling those who are not My people "My people,And she who is not beloved "Beloved, 26 And it shall be, in the place where it was declared to them, 'Not My people are you,'There "they shall be called 'sons of the living God.'" 27 Now Isaiah is crying over Israel, If the number of the sons of Israel should be as the sand of the sea, the residue shall be saved, 28 for "a conclusive and concise accounting the Lord will be doing on the earth." 29 And according as Isaiah declared before, "Except the Lord of hosts conserved us a seed, As Sodom would we become, And to Gomorrah would we be likened."

Paul demonstrates that just as Abraham didn't recieve YHWH's favor through bloodline; but through faith; so it is today, for all who are called to hear and, in faith, submit to his commands.

The Covenant is extended to all now; as it has be been since Abraham.

30 What, then, shall we be declaring? That the nations who are not pursuing righteousness overtook righteousness, yet a righteousness which is out of faith."

What is righteousness?

Definition of righteous

1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

The Law of Faith
God's Law (Torah)
The Spirit's Law of Life

31 Yet Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, into a law of righteousness does not outstrip." 32 Wherefore? Seeing that it is not out of faith, but as out of law works, they stumble on the stumbling stone, 33 according as it is written: Lo! I am laying in Zion a Stumbling Stone and a Snare Rock, And the one believing on Him shall not be disgraced."

Paul has added another law, to this letter, in this chapter:

The Law of Righteousness

Letting one's pride withdraw the honor due to YHWH. It's not unlike elevating one's self above the Father.

The Law of Righteousness
The Law of Sin and Death

It should be pointed out here that the stumbling stone isn't the keeping of the Torah. The righteous keep the law (Torah); but they do it through faith in YHWH. The stumbling block is believing that it is through your power, not YHWH's; that your salvation comes from your own works (The Law of Righteousness) . Yahshua gave all the glory to YHWH. It was YHWH working through him that performed the miracles. Yahshua set the example for us.

Hallelu YAH! Hallelu Yahshua!

Legal Terms:

The Law of Faith (Ch 3)
A Different Law (Ch 7)
The Law of My Mind (Ch 7)
The Law of Sin (Sin's Law) (Ch 7)
God's Law (Ch 7)
The Spirit's Law of Life (Ch 8)
The Law of Sin and Death (Ch 8)
The Law of Righteousness (Ch 9)

Romans Chapter 10

Last edited: