✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
< Snip >
I will maintain that it was political ideology that won the Office of the President.
Ben, you yourself affirmed that ideology had nothing to do with it in your case - it was strictly Party. JCSr said the same thing - the Democrat candidate could be a female eskimo for all he was concerned.

Of course, how that's *not* ideology will probably remain a mystery.

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Another point wasted.

I never said anything about voting for a democrat.

You should comprehend the posts better.

R's and D's are not the only choices

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Goodness, my total awful bad. No you didn't.

I did vote for McCain in 2008.

After watching how the conservatives and republicans have relentlessly attacked Obama for the last four years, I decided that I would vote for anybody except for conservatives and republicans. Rmoney personally insulted 47% of the population.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, sure, you MUST be right! Romney and the GOP had NO plan or program at all, did they?

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

His attitude is more or less the GOP's current attitude on everyone except themselves. "If you don't vote for us, then you are lazy and want entitlements."

Upvote 0

Merope

Apr 29, 2011
✟1,726.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh, sure, you MUST be right! Romney and the GOP had NO plan or program at all, did they?

Apparently it was all to deny Obama a second term. Which they failed at miserably. Oh well, I guess they could have a new goal of denying him a third term.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently it was all to deny Obama a second term. Which they failed at miserably. Oh well, I guess they could have a new goal of denying him a third term.

One of the reasons Nixon was forced to resign or face impeachment was use of the IRS as a means of intimidating political opponents.

I wish I could say I'm surprised that many people here have such a blatent double standard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Merope

Apr 29, 2011
✟1,726.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
One of the reasons Nixon was forced to resign or face impeachment was use of the IRS as a means of intimidating political opponents.

I wish I could say I'm surprised that many people here have such a blatent double standard.

The difference is Nixon actually put a mole in the IRS whom he directed to audit his political enemies. Obama did not. The person in charge of the IRS at the time of these allegations was actually a Bush appointee and it appears his minions acted autonomously. The other difference is none of the Tea-Party or other clearly political groups were actually denied tax exempt status (they should have been but weren't).

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The head of the IRS serves at the pleasure of the President...

Merope, the real issue here is discrimination based on political ideology, unlike you I would be just as outraged if it was a Republican President and liberal groups were being targetted in this fashion, just like I'm outraged right now.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

No the real issue here is people trying to somehow pin this on Obama, which we have no concrete evidence for, in order to get him impeached.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Conservatives repeat what Obama supporters assert - that they voted for him because he was black; conservatives call that racism, and we're called racist for for saying Obama was elected because he was black.

The spin is truly dizzying.

Do you honestly think the country would have voted in Mitt Romney if he were black?

If the answer is no then maybe you need to re-examine your assumptions.

Upvote 0

Merope

Apr 29, 2011
✟1,726.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The head of the IRS serves at the pleasure of the President...

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize Obama rejected his resignation. I missed that news...

Merope, the real issue here is discrimination based on political ideology, unlike you I would be just as outraged if it was a Republican President and liberal groups were being targetted in this fashion, just like I'm outraged right now.

Good to know! Then you will also be outraged that the only group that was denied tax exempt status was a liberal/progressive group. I'm holding my breath for that one

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TruelyLiveForHim

Mar 2, 2013
Portland Maine
✟15,248.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

listen, I am sick of it too, but the point is, what are you or I going to do about it?

there is why they are so arrogant, because they are counting on us to be their doormat

we need to make sure they are elected out of both congress and senate in the coming election

you can start by making sure all the people you know will vote the right way.

those human garbage need to go!

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No the real issue here is people trying to somehow pin this on Obama, which we have no concrete evidence for, in order to get him impeached.

If they are refusing to turn over e-mails to congress, then yeah there is valid grounds for impeachment, because there is no other options available.

Obstruction of Justice is grounds for impeachment.

Upvote 0