a sinner
Dec 25, 2009
Texas
✟25,560.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This has been a very blessed and interesting day. This morning, my beloved wife and I found out that our 7 month old daughter's adoption had been finalized by the judge and we can finally rest easy that she is ours in the eyes of the law, even though we have felt that God had deemed her ours long ago. Then, this evening at a business meeting, a coworker after asking about the baby and being told the good news, asked "Do you want to adopt another, a little boy this time?" A distant family member of hers is due in less than a month with a baby she cannot possibly raise well, and my coworker is serious about wanting us to consider adopting the baby. While this would be a wonderful blessing from God to grow our family, we are both a little fearful of taking on another newborn so quickly. Finances are not a problem, nor is the well being of the children...my wife is a stay at home mom, and I have more than adequate income to support us well. Please pray that over the next few days as we have this conversation with this birth mother, that God grants us discernment to know if this is the right thing for us to do at this time.

Lord have mercy!

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Given that this is coming at you secondhand, and not from the mother herself (bearing in mind that there will also be a father who need to give his permission), maybe you ought to wait and see whether this is a reality.

Congratulations on your adoption.

Upvote 0

Antony in Tx

a sinner
Dec 25, 2009
Texas
✟25,560.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your prayers...an update: Wintry weather here has delayed the meeting of the social worker with the birth parents of this child who is to be born by C-Section on March 21, so we still have no news. We should know more by the end of the week, and we have had preliminary contact with an adoption attorney, but everything is on hold until the birth parents make their intent known. All that we pray for is a loving and nurturing home for this little boy who is soon to come into this world.

Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0