✟92,540.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were some examples of OT people who had the Spirit on the person:

I am interested in any OT person who might have the Spirit in him and not just on him. E.g,, Pharaoh thought Joseph was one, Genesis 41:

38 And Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find a man like this, in [בו] whom is the Spirit of God?”
Joshua was another, Numbers 27:

18 So the LORD said to Moses, “Take Joshua the son of Nun, a man in [בו] whom is the Spirit, and lay your hand on him.
The Hebrew proposition is בו:

בּוֹ • (bo)
Form of בְּ־‎ (b-) including third-person masculine singular personal pronoun as an object.
Berean Standard Bible, Ezekiel 2:

2 And as He spoke to me, the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet, and I heard Him speaking to me.
entered me
וַתָּ֧בֹא (wat·tā·ḇō)
Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Consecutive imperfect - third person feminine singular
Strong's 935: To come in, come, go in, go

Again, Ezekiel 3:

24 Then the Spirit entered [H935] me and set me on my feet. He spoke with me and said, “Go, shut yourself inside your house.
Ezekiel prophesied an even deeper presence of the Spirit within a person in 11:

19a I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them.
within them
בְּקִרְבְּכֶ֑ם (bə·qir·bə·ḵem)
Preposition-b | Noun - masculine singular construct | second person masculine plural
Strong's 7130: The nearest part, the center

Strong's Hebrew: 7130. קֶ֫רֶב (qereb) — 227 Occurrences

Brown-Driver-Briggs:

1.a. inward part of human body,
f. of a number of person, ׳כְּק in the midst, among, ׳מִקּ from among: especially (1) people (96 t.; 80 t. as singular collective,

2. of inward part of man
a. as seat of thought and emotion
b. as faculty of thought and emotion 3 technical term in P of entrails of sacrificial animals

David longed for this deeper presence in Psalm 51:

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within [H7130] me.
This was fulfilled in the NT when the Spirit/Paraclete dwells in a person permanently but only after Jesus' death on the cross.

There are three levels of the presence of the Spirit:

1. On: the Spirit comes on a person to empower him bodily.
  2. In: the Spirit enters a person for a deeper influence.
  3. Within: after the cross, the Spirit dwells in a person's human spirit, working with him from the inside out.

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people in the OT had the Spirit in them
There were some examples of OT people who had the Spirit on the person:
You also gave Your good Spirit to instruct them, Neh 9:20
Lead me in Your truth and teach me, Psalm 25:5

As it is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’
Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me. John 6:45
The Spirit of Christ who was in them testified of the sufferings of Christ [Isa 53:7] and the glories that would follow; 1 Peter 1:11

So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Ps 63:2
That I may see the benefit of Your chosen ones; Ps 106:5
Indeed, the Lord has prepared a sacrifice; and has set apart those He called, His chosen ones. Zeph 1:7
Know this: The Lord has set apart the faithful for Himself; Ps 4:2-3
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord. Hab 2:13-14

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0