hollyb6718

Apr 4, 2006
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
I had a nightmare last night. I saw a gravestone with my boyfriends name on it. I started sobbing when I realized he was dead in the dream. I remember saying how much I loved him and I wondered if he saw me crying. I was rubbing the gravestone and saying I couldn't believe he was dead because he was just here with me. In my dream, I had a vision of him walking. Then I was sobbing again, then I woke up. I'm very upset by this dream and wonder what it means, if it's of God or not. Please help.

queenanne

With God, all things are possible
Dec 21, 2005
On the coast, the South of England
✟24,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi holly and welcome to CF!

I honestly don't know how to advise. For me dreams are an echo of our state of mind at the time of the dream. For instance, if I'm worried or stressed I'm very likely to have a nightmare or wake up screaming. I also believe that dreams make us realise subconscious fears/worries. Perhaps you have a worry that you both may part, not a conscious worry though.

I honestly don't believe that God would make you feel this way though. I think He would be more subtle and not scare you.

Please don't worry and God bless.

Upvote 0

hollyb6718

Apr 4, 2006
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you so much, that does make me feel better. I agree that God wouldn't want to scare me like that. I have been afraid that something might happen and I would lose him. The strange thing is that I've been having nightmares recently and yesterday I prayed and asked God to please take the nightmares out of my sleep and let it be peaceful. So it was very weird to me that I pray to God for peaceful dreams, and then I had one so upsetting.

Upvote 0

queenanne

With God, all things are possible
Dec 21, 2005
On the coast, the South of England
✟24,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

You are so welcome, I'm glad you feel better.

One thing to remember, the closer you get to God, the harder the enemy will work. The enemy is a sly one, he will try his best to keep you away from God. He's been trying with me lately, but I won't let him win!

Keep praying, God will give you the power to overcome!

Upvote 0

JewelInHisCrown

Contributor
Nov 28, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟17,252.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They do have a dreams thread on here...maybe that will help you. Please don't be scared. Just pray to God about it.

Sometimes something little that happens to you in a day or a few days or even a week before can make you dream about it. Say if you passed a cemetery and you obviously think about your boyfriend....it could just be your mind remembering you passing the cemetery and if you talked or thought about your boyfriend before you went to bed, it just made a picture in your mind. One time I had the WEIRDEST dream. I was talking to my best friend about an hour before I went to sleep. I remember that I watched George Bush a few nights earlier giving a State of the Union speech that I didn't agree with part of it. Well I dreamt that I was sitting with George Bush and I proceeded to tell him in my dream that my best friend thought he was a this and that and so on. Little things meshed together.

Don't let it bother you...

To Christian Forums!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums