Is Mastrubating a Sin? Will God Forgive Me?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
If we understand "burning" to be a reference to sexual desire, Paul, in my opinion, would have made sure to mention other ways of taking care of that, if there were such ways. After all, he recommended to stay single. If masturbating would be fine, he should have said "you can always take care of yourself, you don't need fornication and devouring desire". But he didn't.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I jhave prayed to the one and only Christ which is in Heaven and sitting on His almighty throne left of the Father of all creation about touching yourself and all sexual matters involving life.

Jesus is alive, yes? So what would it be then if when you pray to Him and he does not answer definately that this is the truth? He did for me.

Otherwise I wouldnt know Jesus, wouldnt know God, woudlnt know the Holy Spirit. Would be following the bible incorrectly and nothing alive would be able to save me not even myself. (My father taught me that one.)

So I learnt in High School touching yourself was OK with God. Does that mean that everything I have ever learnt now in life is against him? What would make you read into that one?

Does it scare men to touch?

No

Does it scare men to be seen masterbating?

No

Does it scare men to have other people think it's evil?

Yes

Why? God says it's because they feed on it and the fear is'nt intentional.

touching yourself is not against the Holy Trinty of God in his word past, present and future he wants to encourage you to be safe.

OA[]
In my opinion, as long as one doesn't start masturbating, one will not feel the drive to do so as strong as one that was compelled to do so. If one could draw an analogy with drugs, heroine can be addictive from the first usage on. Withdrawal will result in many physical symptoms that seem to be destructive. After a very short period of time, one will be so addicted that normal daily life requires a constant dosage of the drug. A doctor that does not know how destructive the drug is... will recommend his patient to take a dose daily to quote "keep his body's chemistry balanced". Yet, that does not make it good. Same with masturbation.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
How did i lose the battle if i CAN do it without lusting or commiting adultery? What if all i think about is getting the seed out so i don't have the wet dreams? huh? I think that's perfectly normal just like eating and breathing..

I breath so i wouldn't die but if i breath and imagine having sex with a person now that's a sin but breathing so i would just live is not a sin itself. The same goes for masturbating. If i just do it so i wouldn't wake up all wet and sticky then it's ok.

how about that?
If one has addictive problems with masturbation, but would like to stop, the first thing to do is realize that God understands the situation of addicts of anything. This is covered by the blood and grace will take care of it (as long as the addiction is the driving element, and not free will). That means, one should stop feeling bad as to not give the devil room to grow. Still, most serious repentance should be one's lifestyle.

Upvote 0
Nov 29, 2011
✟15,270.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
this is how i see it it comes down to if it gets in the way of you and GOd. that what is a sin what ever comes in the way of you in God. Like some can drink and it not be a sin for them or watch tv and it not be a sin for them. But for others watching tv can a be a sin for them.

Ask God and see what he tells you for you.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
Reading the replies in this thread, I am honestly disgusted. What Bible are you people reading?

The Bible makes it absurdly clear that thinking about men or women in that manner is a VERY serious sin. Unless you can touch without thinking about sexual intercourse with a women, yes, masturbation is a sin. Masturbation is a corruption of the mind.

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." Hebrews 13:4.

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body." 1 Corinthians 6:18

"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be." Romans 8:6-7

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

If you can't understand it by those passages, take a look at this:

"but I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:28

You simply cannot get more black and white than that. The simple act of what "masturbation" is, is not a sin in and of itself, no. But the thought process that follows, yes, that is INDEED a sin.

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If my nose itches I scratch my nose.

If I'm sexually frustrated I touch my penis ie touch.

Pretty much the same to me, they perform a function. Masturbation is a WONDERFUL way to privately release builtup sexual energy that has nowhere to go. Ok by me.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
If my nose itches I scratch my nose.

If I'm sexually frustrated I touch my penis ie touch.

Pretty much the same to me, they perform a function. Masturbation is a WONDERFUL way to privately release builtup sexual energy that has nowhere to go. Ok by me.

..except that everything in the scripture goes against what you just said? Read the post right above the one you just made.

"My nose itches? I just scratch it. I hate someone? Just kill em'. It's a good way to relieve personal anger issues."

Sorry, but that's not how it works. You are sinning against your body and you are sinning against Christ.

Upvote 0
F

Faithful2002

Its a two way street, it can get you into a lot of trouble or not doing it can do the same sadly in this day and age its not easy to avoid the sin of others, you can avoid watching tv and shelter yourself from most aspects of the world but there comes times when you will have to enter into it.
Stopping at the grocery store you can run into a guy bragging about his sex life and at the time it may not phase you but it starts a dripping in your mind that may eventually build up, or you can stop by the gas station as I once did an run into a temptation.
I grew up in a small church town with the beliefs that masturbation and sex without the intent of procreation was wrong, the women were taught that the male appendage was a very dirty and sinful part of man. When I came into contact with a girl I had a problem and felt very dirty for a simple act of hormones, I would have dreams that haunted me to the very core and wake up trying to hide my bed sheets, 2am in the middle of the night id be sneaking my clothes and sheets into the laundry.
In PE classes I would bump into a girl and she would feel exactly what was going on and resent me for it. I even had very embarrassing moments of release, being tackled by a female while playing football or having one fall on me and id have an accident.
It drew a lot of trouble in my later years when I worked at a summer camp, it was believed that the reasons I had these problems was because I was lusting after staff members and campers, being a staff was a badge of honor, the younger kids especially females would hang all over staff wanting hugs, piggy back rides, staff were expected to participate in events, capture the flag, football… While I never had a single sexual thought about them I could not control my parts, nothing I did could stop it. I kept feeling that I was further and further away from God, and I thought that I was without hope, I stopped reading my bible, turned away from God wanting nothing to do with Him.
Eventually a liberal pastor came to our dormitory high school and talked to us he told us that sexual impulses were natural, and said that if it is something you cannot control then masturbation was completely normal and healthy. He said it took practice to clear our minds, and I learned to take care of the problem whilst not thinking about anything that would hurt another. The dreams went away, and the problems stopped, I never had another accident and It enabled my thoughts of other women to become more pure.
For me it increases my resistance, and when a woman who is looking for the wrong thing from me tempts me I can have the self control and confidence to tell her "Im sorry, Im a christian and I don't believe in that, I believe in waiting for marriage" instead of being lost for words and showing her exactly what I am thinking. For those who can control impulses I am envious, and I wish that I had the power to avoid masturbating. But for some sadly sin gets in the way and at times can lead to a world of trouble.
Upon entering the world many of my friends ran into situations they could not handle, meeting a woman who pretended to be pure and when she touched areas the control was lost, sadly even the most devout fell into the trap of marriage by pregnancy, and many of the women were left as single mothers after meeting a guy who could make her feel incredible sensations.
I strongly believe that proper masturbation can benefit a Christian when struggling through this very sinful world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
..except that everything in the scripture goes against what you just said? Read the post right above the one you just made.

"My nose itches? I just scratch it. I hate someone? Just kill em'. It's a good way to relieve personal anger issues."

Sorry, but that's not how it works. You are sinning against your body and you are sinning against Christ.

I can have normal sexual desires and mb WITHOUT being defiling, committing fornication, being carnal, or lustful. If you can't do that then probably YOU shouldn't mb. You have to come to terms with--sexual desires and thoughts (aka the way God made us) is NOT sin. Your scriptures don't apply.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
I can have normal sexual desires and mb WITHOUT being defiling, committing fornication, being carnal, or lustful. If you can't do that then probably YOU shouldn't mb. You have to come to terms with--sexual desires and thoughts (aka the way God made us) is NOT sin. Your scriptures don't apply.

Sorry, but no, you cannot. You are living in sin and it's Satan deceiving you into thinking that you are aloud to think about women in a sexual way when not married and that's fine.

That is NOT fine. My scripture totally applies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that even a serious statement?

I find that notion utterly offensive and blasphemous. To insinuate that Christ, our Lord, the Son of God, would defile his own mind by thinking of a woman lustfully while masturbating. That's even appalling to type.

I totally agree with you Chris

Upvote 0

MasterpieceMesias

King of Stoic Cynicism
Feb 20, 2011
Somewhere away from people
✟8,602.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but no, you cannot. You are living in sin and it's Satan deceiving you into thinking that you are aloud to think about women in a sexual way when not married and that's fine.

That is NOT fine. My scripture totally applies.

lol suppose someone never got married?? Then what are they never allowed to have think about women?? Suppose someone was married and then their spouse died the day they got married before wedding night?? Then what??
Marriage is. . . a bleak thing to enter anyways, a complete waste of time.

Upvote 0

neutralino7

Oct 21, 2011
✟7,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Masturbation is self-pleasure, and having an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] without being in an accepted union under God (i.e. a union between husband and wife) is also pleasing one's self, even if you think you know enough about biology and physiology to "relieve yourself." And, anything that pleases the self without glorifying God is IDOLOTRY.

Would you, in a conversation with Christ, tell Him, "Hold on Lord, the hormones in my testes are building up, I'm going to touch"? I wouldn't; I couldnt even come to him with something like that. What would it please Him? As someone who struggles with this, it is almost insulting to hear people blithely accept masturbation - the spilling of seed in any way - in any form. Why am I and so many others convicted? Are we just beating ourselves up for no reason, trying to be as pure as possible, as holy as possible? Or, should we just relieve ourselves of the guilt, and relieve ourselves in other ways?

The last three questions were very serious...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
lol suppose someone never got married?? Then what are they never allowed to have think about women?? Suppose someone was married and then their spouse died the day they got married before wedding night?? Then what??
Marriage is. . . a bleak thing to enter anyways, a complete waste of time.

Do you even go to church? Do you even read the Bible? That is a serious question. Because you are speaking completely carnally and you are not even taking into consideration what Christ and God have said about marriage and sex, let alone adultery.

Upvote 0