✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
vincejohn said:
I am a sinner and fight sin daily. Yeshua told us to be perfect as God is perfect. Because Yeshua told us this it is therefore possible to attain a level of Holiness pleasing to God. This can only come by receiving the Holy Spirit and this is the dilema today, not many churches teaching on how to truly receive the Holy Spirit for strength and power and to teach us the words of Yeshua..'' be perfect as our Holy Father in Heaven is perfect.''
He was talking about love, not holiness.

We can't attain a level of holiness pleasing to God. We need to clothe ourselves in Christ and HIS holiness and HIS righteousness.

Upvote 0

GodsNhilist

Dec 16, 2005
nevermind
✟706.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-NDP
IMHO and that of my church, no masturbation is not a sin.

No single statement or creed can capture all that may be required of the church to make the good confession in a new context. Our claim that "Jesus is Lord" must be a timely one. The journey of a pilgrim people goes on.

Upvote 0

MrsSeptemberPenguin

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
Minnesota
✟32,184.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Oh, the ever popular question! It's obviously a matter of opinion that will never actually be solved until we get to heaven and hear God say loud and clear whether it is or not. Now, if you can do it without lusting after someone, then I suppose it may be alright. But is that really bringing glory to God's temple? I don't think so. I also think its taking away from your future spouse in some ways, if you are not already married. I know I wouldn't be to happy to find this out about my future spouse although I'm fully aware that almost every guy has done it at least once. That doesn't mean that I have to be happy about it, just accepting and forgiving. So to me it is a sin reguardless, but many opions very and I doubt it will be solved in any of our lifetimes.

Upvote 0

Jayda

Dec 16, 2005
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Telrunya said:
It is a gray area and often those are the most dangerous. I encourage you to take the narrow path. Keep in mind

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God;

I think touching yourself, even done without lustful thoughts if you can manage that, still opens the door and establishes a stronghold. It becomes easier to have those thoughts when you find someone you are interested in and begin to try to justify it a nd in doing so dishonor that person. Take the safe road and abstain is my advice.

I agree, I think that masturbation is sin, and that doing so is taking away from something special that is only meant for a husband and wife.

Upvote 0

bulldog13

Dec 21, 2005
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
god made us perfectly so our hands hang at crotch level for a reason, imo

touching yourself is good for you... it helps one stay abstinent, its shown to help mental health by increased feelings of wellbeing and happiness, and it helps physical health as well. its actually unhealthy especially for a man to never get off somehow, and can even lead to increased risk of prostate cancer and sexual dysfunction. our bodies were made that way, and there isn't anything shameful or sinful about it. what goes through your head or excites you is a different story

what if i knew how to touch on my own from the time i was 5? do you honestly think that a innocent 5 year old kid would commit a sin like that? the worse part is my parents told me it was a sin and had me stop and made me feel awful, which was incredibly hard and led to me having some problems (which i kept to myself). it was revolutionary when i figured, hey, there isn't anything wrong with this

the most awful thing, in fact, is that we have a society of religious crazies who make people feel guilty about this. i didn't feel guilty until my parents told me it would make me go to hell. there is no "natural guilt" experienced when you touch. it is conditioned by people.

especially, what if you are not, or do not want to be married? it is ridiculous to assume that God only wanted any sort of sexual pleasure for a married couple only. absolutly ridiculous. for many women sex doesn't even feel good when you limit it to intercourse with a man. so that women is never supposed to enjoy her sexuality? i think that is not what God intended. i hate that people actually try to make touching yourself a bad thing. it is absolutly neccessary and good, especially considering that most people dont marry until around 27 but you are sexually ready to go around age 14. i mean, maybe you feel okay about it because you are sexless and are one of those people who do it yearly, but for those of us who are daily people, living without it is torture and if i was told i couldnt do it, i would marry right this instant out of desparation, which i don't think is what God would like either. and don't tell me he wants us to live in pain

Upvote 0

JordanF

Jul 15, 2005
✟15,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
bulldog13 said:
bulldog13 said:
touching yourself is good for you... it helps one stay abstinent, its shown to help mental health by increased feelings of wellbeing and happiness, and it helps physical health as well. its actually unhealthy especially for a man to never get off somehow, and can even lead to increased risk of prostate cancer and sexual dysfunction. our bodies were made that way, and there isn't anything shameful or sinful about it. what goes through your head or excites you is a different story
That's why married people have longer lifespans and are generally more happy.

bulldog13 said:
what if i knew how to touch on my own from the time i was 5?
Too much time on your hands?

bulldog13 said:
do you honestly think that a innocent 5 year old kid would commit a sin like that?
Anyone is capable of commiting the worst sins you could imagine.

bulldog13 said:
especially, what if you are not, or do not want to be married? it is ridiculous to assume that God only wanted any sort of sexual pleasure for a married couple only. absolutly ridiculous. for many women sex doesn't even feel good when you limit it to intercourse with a man. so that women is never supposed to enjoy her sexuality? i think that is not what God intended. i hate that people actually try to make touching yourself a bad thing. it is absolutly neccessary and good, especially considering that most people dont marry until around 27 but you are sexually ready to go around age 14. i mean, maybe you feel okay about it because you are sexless and are one of those people who do it yearly, but for those of us who are daily people, living without it is torture and if i was told i couldnt do it, i would marry right this instant out of desparation, which i don't think is what God would like either. and don't tell me he wants us to live in pain
Ever heard of self-control?
Masturbation is the equivalent of having sex with yourself.

It's your choice, but let's just say that it's not honoring God.

Reactions: Greyshade89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark53

Veteran
Jan 16, 2005
Ingle Farm, Adelaide, South Australia
✟16,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Jayda said:
I agree, I think that masturbation is sin, and that doing so is taking away from something special that is only meant for a husband and wife.

Why can't they touch each other or in front of each other?

This whole thing is just superstitious! Nothing in the Bible speaks of it at all!

Upvote 0

coolstylinstud

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
✟9,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
touching yourself is good for you... it helps one stay abstinent

Yeah there is something else that keeps you abstinent to I just cant put my foot on it

Oh thats right self control which the bible does speak on

it is ridiculous to assume that God only wanted any sort of sexual pleasure for a married couple only. absolutly ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? Is it becaue since you have so many hromons you cnat control them and suddenly thats gods fault? Well hint for you God doesnt make you ahve so many hromones you do by watching stuff that turns you on and all the bad stuff you put into your life.

for many women sex doesn't even feel good when you limit it to intercourse with a man. so that women is never supposed to enjoy her sexuality?

Please sexual intercourse is pleasurable and if it doesnt feel good to do it with a man then no she shouldnt be able to enjoy it. Sex is made by God for man and wife not for the two seperate.

Upvote 0

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Yall should read about the Pope John Paul's Theology of the Body, or get some of Christopher West's presentations about it. I am not Catholic, but this stuff is truly amazing. I especially recommend God, Sex, and the Meaning of Life by Christopher West.

Upvote 0

BIGMike99

Dec 7, 2004
Visit site
✟17,737.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
let me put an end to this threadMasturbation
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]And the Lord God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Genesis 2:18
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even.

Leviticus 15:16-17
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah 17:9
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:28
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from [their] mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive [it], let him receive [it].

Matthew 19:12
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 7:18
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:1
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:5
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:8
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 8:13
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to [fulfil] the lusts [thereof].

Romans 13:13-14
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1 Corinthians 6:19
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Galatians 5:16-17
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Galatians 5:24
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Galatians 6:8
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 2:3
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Timothy 2:22
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1 John 2:16
[/FONT]
Return to Main Menu

[/FONT]

Reactions: Greyshade89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChamomileFriend

Apr 24, 2006
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
coolstylinstud said:
if it doesnt feel good to do it with a man then no she shouldnt be able to enjoy it. Sex is made by God for man and wife not for the two seperate.

if it is pleasurable to the husband, he should make sure that it is pleasurable to the wife also - couples should take care of one another to keep their marriages healthy and strong. also, some studies indicate that couples are more likely to conceive when they are both <ahem> "having a good time", which indicates that a woman's pleasure also serves a higher purpose. in the context of a relationship like this i don't think it is a bad thing.

as to masturbating when you are on your own, i don't think it is the worst thing you could possibly do, but not exactly the best either (i agree that it is a gray area) if you can't figure out how to stop doing it and deal with your desires in a more positive way (i.e. using the energy for something else, like exercise), at least keep it to a minimum and :prayer: for guidance and/or help to stop.

Upvote 0

SandCrab

Hey Wena!! Woza! Sizotandaza!
Oct 26, 2005
Exeter
✟13,764.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
gtsecc said:
Yes it actually is, i know its not part of YOUR religion but the Catechism Of the Catholic Church give a pretty good explaination, (and i couldnt find anything else:blush: ), i say when in doubt, turn to the Catechism, most of it has bible backing and the other most is logical...anyway, this is what it says:

2352 By masturbation is to be understood the deliberate stimulation of the genital organs in order to derive sexual pleasure. "Both the Magisterium of the Church, in the course of a constant tradition, and the moral sense of the faithful have been in no doubt and have firmly maintained that masturbation is an intrinsically and gravely disordered action." "The deliberate use of the sexual faculty, for whatever reason, outside of marriage is essentially contrary to its purpose." For here sexual pleasure is sought outside of "the sexual relationship which is demanded by the moral order and in which the total meaning of mutual self-giving and human procreation in the context of true love is achieved."

Blessings
Lg3

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.