Status
Not open for further replies.

Manso

Dec 1, 2005
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
whisper_dishmon said:
Okay, this argument gets real old. No, the Bible does not say anything about masturbation. You will not find that word anywhere in the Bible. However, God gives us in depth information on what He would want us to place in our spirits. Saying you can and will touch without lusting is like watching a inappropriate contento and saying...'Im not lusting..Im just watchin it.' No matter. Its just wrong. A definition of the word masturbation is self abuse. Considering that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit, we gather that its not a good thing to "self abuse" ourselves. A guy using his hand instead of a woman and a women her...well you get me..is just as bad as the actual act of fornication.

Thats just being selfish...taking a beautiful thing God created to be between man and wife and using it for your own pleasure.
Sex was created to allow man and wife to be intimate as Christ is with His church. Its vain to do it yourself. Just because the Bible never mentions the words..'Dont smoke cigarettes!' doesnt mean its good. Children have explored their bodies and have possibly had an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] but they are just children! They were simply discovering things on their body. We arent children. We know what does what. Its silly to justify it like that.

i guess part of my previous argument was the health side of it also. Not only does the Bible not directly state touching yourself is not a sin, but it doesn't say it indirectly.

your "Dont smoke cigarettes!" is apples and oranges. not only is smoke bad for your health, but not [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] regulary can increase the risk of cancer for men and reduce their immune system.

if not masterbating increases the risk of both cancer and sickness, it should make you wonder. personally i think that not masterbating is not taking care of yourbody, therefore not taking care of God's temple. (this applies to married men in bad marriages also) becoming aroused and not release, apply this over and over a few times, there is a possible problem of the postate becoming blocked up from the stored fluids gelling up from protiens and stuff. also the muscle associated with the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] can become weak which can increase the chance of inflamation of the prostate (not sure how rare, probably directly related to the population of people who don't touch j/k:confused: )

to make a list
Pro for touching yourself: science has findings showing that touching yourself is overall good for ones health, the Bible doesn't condemn it, it makes it easier to control ones lust (no i don't fantisise while masterbating, i usually brows computer tech sites while do the deed)

Cons for touching yourself: some people are highly convinced that it is wrong because their "conscience" tells them, and can't make a logical argument on the case without not telling the whole truth (eg, filthy after sex in leviticus, but not mensioning the lepersy outbreak)

i will not state that touching yourself is not a sin, because it's my interpretation of the Bible; but i feel that it is like a computer, it's only a sin while abused/consumes ones life (eg, become and idol *which is a sin*)

even then, one can argue that using a computer is a sin because it's not mensioned in the Bible and a computer is like smoking, what good does it bring (makes you not exersise)? does your web browsing/chatting on forums not take away from time that you could spend with God? in other words, the argument you bring can be applied to any luxury that we have in the United States (but that's a whole nother topic)

another off topic point, "God gives us in depth information on what He would want us to place in our spirits". If we have so much in depth information to problems, then why is there so much teenage sex? in reading a book by a very well known Chirstian Counselor, he said that every single pregnant teen he's meet came from a family that didn't know how to communicate love in a way that the child understood, yet so many parents don't want children dating(i never dated before meeting my wife, but i don't condemn dating), limit what they teach/expose them about sex i and tell them that sex is dirty(or accidentally give the impression by talking about all the negatives) in hope that they don't have sex. while the parents are so preoccupied telling their children what not to do and controlling them, they forget to love them, and the child goes out and has sex anyway. seems to me that it's a ploy of the devil, distracting us from the root of the problem and pointing fingers. i feel this anti-touching yourself is the same. like alchohol, some people shouldn't drink because they go crazy and dring too much, but in moderation alchohol reduced blood pressure, increases memory in old age by dialating blood vessels and reducing the damage caused my micro-strokes, and reduces stress/relaxes you(which is also heathly)

Upvote 0

Manso

Dec 1, 2005
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
personally, for me, not believing in inteligent design is much harder. i find it hard to bend my mind around the idea that the universe if infinately old

comes down to 2 options
#1. universe was created by something we can't understand/outside the laws of the universe

#2. the universe in infinately old, therefore you can go back in time an infinate amount of years, therefore it would take an infinate amount of years to get where we are in time, therefore our present isn't happening/can't take place; also, when time becomes infinate, it ceases to exist because it's impossible to measure (the distance between any two points of time would have an infinate amount of time between them, therefore it's impossible to get from any point of time to another)

Upvote 0

mark53

Veteran
Jan 16, 2005
Ingle Farm, Adelaide, South Australia
✟16,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Tangnefedd said:
Whisper, I believe that a deity probably kicked off the universe, it makes about as much sense as in not believing in an intelligent design. But the creation story in the Bible doesn't have any credibility, it is just the way the ancients tried to expain how we got here. I believe there are many creation stories depending on your faith. The Bible is just another holy book, imo!

I think that we have a spark of the divine within our psyche, God if you like, which we can access or not as the case might be. Only through us can God be a source for good, I don't think he can be activated unless we choose to do so. Everyone of whatever religion can access God, I don't believe he is confined to Christianity. I think folks of all faiths and none will go on to a higher plain when they die.

I don't pretend I am necessarily right in my thinking, doubt is always healthy, imo, but I can only believe in what makes sense to me as I pursue the spiritual path. I might change my views, I don't know.

I believe that you are spot on!
I find it impossible to believe that God came to just a small little nation and left the rest of the world to evil, bad or wrong gods! When someone speaks to Allah, Yahweh, God, Buddah, etc, etc. I find it hard to imagine all these hundreds of gods sitting up there, somewhere, asking and debating who should answer the prayers coming from below!!

Upvote 0

mark53

Veteran
Jan 16, 2005
Ingle Farm, Adelaide, South Australia
✟16,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
whisper_dishmon said:
Okay, this argument gets real old. No, the Bible does not say anything about masturbation. You will not find that word anywhere in the Bible. However, God gives us in depth information on what He would want us to place in our spirits. Saying you can and will touch without lusting is like watching a inappropriate contento and saying...'Im not lusting..Im just watchin it.' No matter. Its just wrong. A definition of the word masturbation is self abuse. Considering that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit, we gather that its not a good thing to "self abuse" ourselves. A guy using his hand instead of a woman and a women her...well you get me..is just as bad as the actual act of fornication.

Thats just being selfish...taking a beautiful thing God created to be between man and wife and using it for your own pleasure.
Sex was created to allow man and wife to be intimate as Christ is with His church. Its vain to do it yourself. Just because the Bible never mentions the words..'Dont smoke cigarettes!' doesnt mean its good. Children have explored their bodies and have possibly had an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] but they are just children! They were simply discovering things on their body. We arent children. We know what does what. Its silly to justify it like that.

Using this idea one could take anything that is not in the Bible then equate it with something else that is in the Bible than adding 1+1 = evil! Give us a go! You seem to me saying that touching yourself affects one's spiritual life, that IS the case if one thinks something is wrong and it is the individual thoughts of that person. T.V can be wrong if it becomes central, so can spending many hours on CF be just as evil. CF is NOT in the Bible and caould easily be argued as being against god's Word as it stops us from getting out and meeting non-Christians. ;)

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible can be made to say anything that is on someone's agender. Basically the acid test is whether whatever is actually said in the Bible, or the spin a person puts on it is reasonable. If it isn't, like prejudice against women and homosexuals then it should be ignored imo!

Upvote 0

Greyshade89

Senior Veteran
Aug 27, 2004
✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Manso said:
another off topic point, "God gives us in depth information on what He would want us to place in our spirits". If we have so much in depth information to problems, then why is there so much teenage sex?
Are you saying that the Bible doesnt provide information on what not to place in our spirits? The reason we have so much teenage sex is, one reason, teenagers now days (myself being one) believe its enough to just believe in God and not have to walk upright. They dont actually practice the things of God.

Upvote 0

Greyshade89

Senior Veteran
Aug 27, 2004
✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
mark53 said:
I believe that you are spot on!
I find it impossible to believe that God came to just a small little nation and left the rest of the world to evil, bad or wrong gods! When someone speaks to Allah, Yahweh, God, Buddah, etc, etc. I find it hard to imagine all these hundreds of gods sitting up there, somewhere, asking and debating who should answer the prayers coming from below!!
lol...^_^ that was funny. Anywho, I dont believe there is any other true God so I dont really have to imagine that picture of them asking and debating lol. Um, to be honest, I dont think God just abandoned all the other nations. They seem to choose to worship their own images of what they think God is. They seem to have decided they dont want God.

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I know I have heard this in a service before or something. It's sexual immorality I know that it's a sin . I think it's not the part about doing it I would guess the lust that invloled with it. Put it this way would you mind God,Jesus,and the holy spirit seeing you do that. How do you think they would see it to me I see it as an eas no go do it I was going to give you this one site but that plan got turn around someone another site said it's free instead of being married I am not sure if that is what you think of it or not. The bible cearly states "no sex until you are married" thaat includes person (others and yourself) for we should want to remain pure in the sight of God for Jesus lives within us if we have all of that junk in us and in our hearts it's the less of Jesus we will have.

Upvote 0

Manso

Dec 1, 2005
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
whisper_dishmon said:
Are you saying that the Bible doesnt provide information on what not to place in our spirits? The reason we have so much teenage sex is, one reason, teenagers now days (myself being one) believe its enough to just believe in God and not have to walk upright. They dont actually practice the things of God.

if you didn't read the rest of what i said after that (which it seems), here's the what i said.
a Professional Christian that has many years of repairing homes and marriages due to the problem of people not expressing love to eachother in a way that the other understands, has not met a single teenager who was pregnant who wasn't getting love at home. in other words, the teenager had a hole in their life and was trying to fill it with something else, they wanted to be loved, the problem is that you grow up "knowing" your parents love you, but because they don't express it in your own terms, you develop an emptyness that even you don't realize you have. personally, i've had a very close relationship with my mother my entire life, i've never felt not loved, i'm horny all the time but i've never had the desire to sleep with another woman outside of marriage because i was looking for a wife that fulfilled my need for love like the way my mother did; sex was second, and i'm a 22 year old male with a very strong sex drive (about 2-3x's daily) and a wife that truely cares for me and makes me feel confortable being myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Manso

Dec 1, 2005
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Godslilgurlalways said:
I know I have heard this in a service before or something. It's sexual immorality I know that it's a sin . I think it's not the part about doing it I would guess the lust that invloled with it. Put it this way would you mind God,Jesus,and the holy spirit seeing you do that. How do you think they would see it to me I see it as an eas no go do it I was going to give you this one site but that plan got turn around someone another site said it's free instead of being married I am not sure if that is what you think of it or not. The bible cearly states "no sex until you are married" thaat includes person (others and yourself) for we should want to remain pure in the sight of God for Jesus lives within us if we have all of that junk in us and in our hearts it's the less of Jesus we will have.

first, "would you mind God,Jesus,and the holy spirit seeing you do that", is not a logical argument and only appeals to a person's emotions, would you mind Jesus watching you taking a poop/making love to your husband/giving birth/throwing up?

second, "The bible cearly states 'no sex until you are married' thaat includes person (others and yourself)", sex required two people, sex is the union of two bodies/spirits. and who are you to to tell me that GOD really meant sex to be touching yourself also, even though sex and touching yourself are two completely different things. to say that sex and touching yourself are the same is like saying that eating and swearing are the same, since eating involves the mouth and swearing involves the mouth, therefore eating must be wrong...?! personally, when i have sex with my wife, it's to bond with her, it's fun and makes me feel closer, not to mension that when you [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] there is a hormone release that causes you to emotionally bond (same hormone released during breast feeding, causes the mother to bind with the child stronger)
the idea behind touching yourself is sexual release, the idea behind sex can include, but does not require sexual release (i can feel much closer to my wife even if i don't finish). sex is meant for reproduction AND to express ones love; sex without love is a perversion, which a married couple that doesn't love eachother can have sex and no one thinks that's wrong, well it is, it's selfish.

my .02

Upvote 0

Manso

Dec 1, 2005
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Tangnefedd said:
God doesn't say no sex before marriage, others might put that interpretation on it. The old chap in the sky didn't write the Bible so we are not sure what his take on it is!

"The old chap in the sky didn't write the Bible so we are not sure what his take on it is" ummmm, that relaly opens a can of worms on the entire Bible idea.. :p

anyway, weather or not "God doesn't say no sex before marriage", the idea of marriage is a good idea, wether one can prove the Bible to say that (which i think it does) pretty mcuh everyone in the Bible get's married, and even the father blessing the marriage seems important in the Bible.

i would not agree with sex before marriage, but my deffinition or marriage is a bit different that most peoples. most everyone i know thinks marriage is something you get from the government, i think it's only between you/God/wife anything extra is just formality. i'm not legally married to my wife yet because she's still coered by her dad's insurance, how could i say i love her if i was to remove her from under her father's insurance, that'd be selfishness just so i could "prove" that i'm married. also i believe that marriage isn't proven at the altar when you say "i do", marriage is proven only when you or your spouse dies and you where still happy together. anyone can get married to someone they hate and don't love and stay together until the end, a true marriage is two loving people working out their differences under the grace of God and ignoring what man believes is true, which includes some christians.

Upvote 0

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Manso said:
"The old chap in the sky didn't write the Bible so we are not sure what his take on it is" ummmm, that relaly opens a can of worms on the entire Bible idea.. :p

anyway, weather or not "God doesn't say no sex before marriage", the idea of marriage is a good idea, wether one can prove the Bible to say that (which i think it does) pretty mcuh everyone in the Bible get's married, and even the father blessing the marriage seems important in the Bible.

i would not agree with sex before marriage, but my deffinition or marriage is a bit different that most peoples. most everyone i know thinks marriage is something you get from the government, i think it's only between you/God/wife anything extra is just formality. i'm not legally married to my wife yet because she's still coered by her dad's insurance, how could i say i love her if i was to remove her from under her father's insurance, that'd be selfishness just so i could "prove" that i'm married. also i believe that marriage isn't proven at the altar when you say "i do", marriage is proven only when you or your spouse dies and you where still happy together. anyone can get married to someone they hate and don't love and stay together until the end, a true marriage is two loving people working out their differences under the grace of God and ignoring what man believes is true, which includes some christians.

I Peter 2:13-17 says: 13Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

So I would have to disagree with not marrying legally. You have to do what's right and trust God to provide. The Bible is clear on fornication, no loopholes. Virginity is a gift you can only give once, how wonderful to save it for the one you marry. That said, I don't believe masturbation is always sin, depends on what's in your head while doing so. Blessings all.
in Him, Leslie

Upvote 0

Greyshade89

Senior Veteran
Aug 27, 2004
✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tangnefedd said:
God doesn't say no sex before marriage, others might put that interpretation on it. The old chap in the sky didn't write the Bible so we are not sure what his take on it is!
Out of curiousity, since you dont believe the Bible. How do you know what Gods rules are?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greyshade89

Senior Veteran
Aug 27, 2004
✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Manso said:
first, "would you mind God,Jesus,and the holy spirit seeing you do that", is not a logical argument and only appeals to a person's emotions, would you mind Jesus watching you taking a poop/making love to your husband/giving birth/throwing up?

second, "The bible cearly states 'no sex until you are married' thaat includes person (others and yourself)", sex required two people, sex is the union of two bodies/spirits. and who are you to to tell me that GOD really meant sex to be touching yourself also, even though sex and touching yourself are two completely different things. to say that sex and touching yourself are the same is like saying that eating and swearing are the same, since eating involves the mouth and swearing involves the mouth, therefore eating must be wrong...?! personally, when i have sex with my wife, it's to bond with her, it's fun and makes me feel closer, not to mension that when you [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] there is a hormone release that causes you to emotionally bond (same hormone released during breast feeding, causes the mother to bind with the child stronger)
the idea behind touching yourself is sexual release, the idea behind sex can include, but does not require sexual release (i can feel much closer to my wife even if i don't finish). sex is meant for reproduction AND to express ones love; sex without love is a perversion, which a married couple that doesn't love eachother can have sex and no one thinks that's wrong, well it is, it's selfish.

my .02
Personally, not being rude, but I find the logic about masturbation being different from sex bogus. You say there is no proof that it isnt a sin..and I say there isnt any proof that it is. So as Ive said before..this kind of argument gets old.

Upvote 0

Greyshade89

Senior Veteran
Aug 27, 2004
✟17,949.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Manso said:
if you didn't read the rest of what i said after that (which it seems), here's the what i said.
a Professional Christian that has many years of repairing homes and marriages due to the problem of people not expressing love to eachother in a way that the other understands, has not met a single teenager who was pregnant who wasn't getting love at home. in other words, the teenager had a hole in their life and was trying to fill it with something else, they wanted to be loved, the problem is that you grow up "knowing" your parents love you, but because they don't express it in your own terms, you develop an emptyness that even you don't realize you have. personally, i've had a very close relationship with my mother my entire life, i've never felt not loved, i'm horny all the time but i've never had the desire to sleep with another woman outside of marriage because i was looking for a wife that fulfilled my need for love like the way my mother did; sex was second, and i'm a 22 year old male with a very strong sex drive (about 2-3x's daily) and a wife that truely cares for me and makes me feel confortable being myself.
Thats wonderful, but how does that fit in with the masturbation thing?:scratch:

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Manso said:

my .02

About the person pooping and all of that are any of those full with lust no. You wrote who and to write that well I was expressing how I felt and some of this I got from another website if you want I can give it to you so you can tell them that I felt that is rude an if you feel that I have offended you or wrote something out of line I request that you pm it to me and take care of it that way it could of been handled better. I wrote that based on the other person said it's free sex which bsically I agree with that I think that the lust that goes along with it is a sin. As I said someone there wrote it's free sex and I am not sure if she rules it like that. Put it this way example I will use bob and sally: Bob and sally were going out Bb was thinking about tricking sally to force her to have sex he was in his head it's almost just as bad as doing it b/c it's in his heart. Sexual immority is wrong as that is what I view this.I will try to find some facts to back his up.

Upvote 0

Manso

Dec 1, 2005
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Godslilgurlalways said:
About the person pooping and all of that are any of those full with lust no. You wrote who and to write that well I was expressing how I felt and some of this I got from another website if you want I can give it to you so you can tell them that I felt that is rude an if you feel that I have offended you or wrote something out of line I request that you pm it to me and take care of it that way it could of been handled better. I wrote that based on the other person said it's free sex which bsically I agree with that I think that the lust that goes along with it is a sin. As I said someone there wrote it's free sex and I am not sure if she rules it like that. Put it this way example I will use bob and sally: Bob and sally were going out Bb was thinking about tricking sally to force her to have sex he was in his head it's almost just as bad as doing it b/c it's in his heart. Sexual immority is wrong as that is what I view this.I will try to find some facts to back his up.

so said anything about lust? if i never met a woman/(another person for that matter) before and never knew about sex i would still get the urge to release. if i grew up on an island all alone, i would eventually start to touch, how can there be lust in such a situation, lust and touching yourself/sexual tension are completely seperate, but *usually* go hand in hand.

no, i was not offended, i just feel strongly about this discussion, and the only examples of touching yourself being bad are usually based on opinion and no logic/facts to back it up. i will gladly except any evidence other than, "i feel it in my heart" / "touching yourself is sex" / etc... i want "here is the scripture" / "this research shows" ..... i'm sorry if i come on strong, but i'm sure you've seen some of those replies earlier in the thread, "IT IS A SIN!" type stuff, makes me a bit touchy.. :p <time for a chill pill for me> breath... breath...

Upvote 0

Manso

Dec 1, 2005
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
covenantwmn said:
I Peter 2:13-17 says: 13Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

So I would have to disagree with not marrying legally. You have to do what's right and trust God to provide. The Bible is clear on fornication, no loopholes. Virginity is a gift you can only give once, how wonderful to save it for the one you marry. That said, I don't believe masturbation is always sin, depends on what's in your head while doing so. Blessings all.
in Him, Leslie

although, a line has to be drawn somewhere, the "disagree with not marrying legally"
1. if the government "ok"s gay marriage, should you accept it because the Bible says to submit to the current authority

by not agreeing with that, you denouce that the government has the power to spirually marry two people. i guess what i getting at, is the laws of man can change, but God never changes, so the law of man is the current government, but i guess even the government doesn't have anything against my non-legal marriage, so what am i breaking? i just don't want to get legally married before i have a job with benefits. legal marriage is a peice of paper, spiritual marriage is forever. it's possible to be legally marriage and not spiritually marrried, same back the other way, which is more important?
****is is so off subject, sorry ppl, last post of this topic "the marriage thing">

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.