Is It a Sin to Take Nude Pictures of My Wife?

chris4243

Advocate of Truth
Mar 6, 2011
✟2,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Stuff like that always gets out.

It is quite probable that it will, especially if stored on a digital device with access to the internet. Not always though.

Look what happened to Anthony Wiener.
He sent pictures of himself to women along with some flirty talk. Then someone got offended and put them on the internet. (unless he was hacked?)

(C) As simple as not keeping it on a computer.
(D) As simple as not keeping it on a computer.
(E) As simple as not keeping it on a computer.

Wow, I just solved all of your privacy issues. You transfer videos to discs and remove the evidence on the computer, you print photographs. You don't even have to remove then and put them on the computer for that - you can keep them on the card. I would never keep something so sensitive on my computer anyway, I clear my history every time I shut down too. Only a fool would leave something like that on a computer.

Oops, almost forgot, (F) As simple as not keeping it on a computer.

I know that this may seem old fashioned, but not everything belongs on a computer and I think your crazed theories are bit farfetched. Very typical of people who are terrified of the Internet and all it's power. If someone is going through that trouble to get into your system them you have bigger problems if you have ever logged into your bank account.

Agreed that many of the issues can be solved by not keeping such things on a computer (or smartphone). However, there's still the possibility that someone gets drunk and decides to share the pics, someone happens to find it in the house, the police mistakenly search his house for something and then one of them keeps the pictures, etc. A lot can happen in a few decades.

One more example is that perhaps later they break up or have a big argument and someone decides to get revenge by publishing the pics. Really, a lot of things could happen.

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(C) As simple as not keeping it on a computer.
(D) As simple as not keeping it on a computer.
(E) As simple as not keeping it on a computer.

Wow, I just solved all of your privacy issues.

And added the very simple and very real problem of printed photographs falling out of your wallet/briefcase/suitcase/etc., which is how many inappropriate contentographers got such images before the Internet. FAIL.

Anyone who thinks s/he can 100% assure the security of digital information is a fool; and husbands have a duty not to be foolish with their wives' privacy. Even the slimmest chance of exposure is enough to say, don't even start down that road.

Upvote 0

citizenthom

Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also worth pointing out that none of this is a "it might get out" scenario, like the horrible hand of fate swoops in and it's technically no ones fault.

If you can prevent something happening to your spouse and you don't take steps to prevent it--in fact take affirmative steps toward it happening--it IS your fault.

No, these are all scenarios where someone makes a purposeful attempt to steal your information and grabs some nudie picks on the way out. That's like saying you should park your car in your garage because someone might steal it.

You should, if you have one.

Upvote 0

citizenthom

Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In that case Thom, no one should ever own a bank account, any item of value digital or tangible, or really ever leave their house because it might just get lost and fall into the wrong hands.

If your bank account is fraudulently abused, you can sue the bank and get your money back.

If someone steals something from you, you can press charges or sue them for conversion.

If someone puts your wife's nude pictures on the Internet, you can NEVER take it back. Celebrities have spent hundreds of thousands trying to no avail.

Look, I'm not saying the idea is a moral wrong. But the reality is so risky and the costs so great that the wise husband should not consider it.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Or (C) you got a Trojan Horse on your computer specifically designed to search for such images; or (D) you got a keylogger on your computer (or got a computer with one preloaded on it like a Samsung) that could find the passwords protecting said images; or (E) you have a smartphone of any brand or operating system whose data can be accessed remotely via an app or the Internet; or (F) you take your computer in for repair and hand over your passwords to anyone authorized to do said repairs.

As I said, you do not seem to know about the ways technology can be abused for the benefit of male inappropriate content addicts, and most women don't.
What if you have the video on a laptop that you don't use to connect to the internet? Of course anything could happen and there is a multitude of extraordinary unlikely scenarios where it could get out, but this is the same for anything. If the wife or girlfriend consents to you having videos of themselves then that is all that matters. End of discussion. You take on a responsibility of keeping it private, of course but the fact that it could get out does not mean it should be taboo even for the husband to inquire about or vice versa.

The only person perhaps who should not consider it would be someone who is a grade A klutz regarding technology.

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As some have said. It is not wrong, but probably not the wisest choice.
That said, if both of you know what is at risk, and she says yes - no problem.

This is generally true.

This is my stance.

The inappropriate contentographic images are really meant to be private and are merely for your own consumption, well, yes, how could this violate any Christian principle I have??

God encourages us to have sex with our wives/husbands... I think there is also implied the part where we get to see them naked. :amen:

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I've heard the same crap from people...100 miles away ...she's married not me....any port in a storm...strip joints, inappropriate contento, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] bars...do-dah...

I work out of town, have for 30 years...tough at times, but need to learn to occupy hands and mind... last 4 years earned a correspondance bachelors and masters degree, home from work, shower , study, write, read....in hotel room... or feel sorry for self sit in a bar, hit the sauce and open heart to devil, as the lounge lizards start to crawl through

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
If your bank account is fraudulently abused, you can sue the bank and get your money back.
No, you can sue the person who misused your account to get the money back. In many cases you will fail and there is no way to get back what you lose, And if he runs your credit cards you may never recover from the lost credit score.

If someone steals something from you, you can press charges or sue them for conversion.
If you did not catch who did it, your out of luck and the items are lost forever.

If someone puts your wife's nude pictures on the Internet, you can NEVER take it back. Celebrities have spent hundreds of thousands trying to no avail.
You can sue the person who did it, as well as get some monetary benefit from it, but just like the other cases, it can have serious consequences that cannot be undone.

So far, all of the cases seem pretty even to me.

Also, it is unlikely that the picture of your wife is going to get very far given the sheer amount of nude women on there.

Look, I'm not saying the idea is a moral wrong. But the reality is so risky and the costs so great that the wise husband should not consider it.
Personally, I think driving poses a much higher risk than this by far.

Upvote 0

pravpre

Jul 23, 2011
✟15,114.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would just want to write a straight forward reply. I have known a woman who suffers this problem with her husband. She believes she is not a inappropriate content-star to do pictures and videos. Morally it is wrong according to chrisitanity, sex is not a pleasure, it is only for procreation. By any stretch of imagination documentation of acts is not a right thing to do which you can be proud of. It doesnt serve a purpose. If someone is lonely and wants to be see his wife naked pictures he is insane, he is a pervert not a guy in love. This is not fun coz it hurts peoples feelings. Prevention is better than cure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Morally it is wrong according to chrisitanity, sex is not a pleasure, it is only for procreation.

I was not aware christianity spoke of these morals.

By any stretch of imagination documentation of acts is not a right thing to do which you can be proud of. It doesnt serve a purpose. If someone is lonely and wants to be see his wife naked pictures he is insane, he is a pervert not a guy in love.

For you to say he is insane and a pervert, also not in love, is a rather bold statement, since you aren't him...

P.S. I would say it isn't wrong.

Upvote 0

pravpre

Jul 23, 2011
✟15,114.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was not aware christianity spoke of these morals.

For you to say he is insane and a pervert, also not in love, is a rather bold statement, since you aren't him...

P.S. I would say it isn't wrong.

There is a little devil inside everyone. I dont care is you think it is not wrong because that is your opinion. I am not against opinion. I too have a opinion. But there is something called truth which is bitter and hurts. Empathy is a loaded word people dont understand it anymore. My point wife is a wife and wife is not a inappropriate contentstar.

In a house we have a bedroom and a washroom. You cannot [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] in bedroom and sleep in toilet. Likewise you cannot do things to your wife what you do to a inappropriate contentstar.

I am not afraid to be bold rather than be hypocritical.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There is a little devil inside everyone. I dont care is you think it is not wrong because that is your opinion. I am not against opinion. I too have a opinion. But there is something called truth which is bitter and hurts.

I'm sure it does.

Empathy is a loaded word people dont understand it anymore. My point wife is a wife and wife is not a inappropriate contentstar.

Nobody said your wife was a inappropriate content-star.

In a house we have a bedroom and a washroom. You cannot [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] in bedroom and sleep in toilet. Likewise you cannot do things to your wife what you do to a inappropriate contentstar.

I am not afraid to be bold rather than be hypocritical.

If your wife was fine with it, I'm pretty sure you could do whatever you both agree to do.

Filming you and your spouse having sex =/= Your wife is a inappropriate content-star.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
you are getting everything wrong. Its not my wife in the first place and please read the post before you reply. Honestly i dont like to confront when people dont know what they are talking about and people speak for the sake of talking.

I only addressed your (theoretical) wife because you said, "My point wife is a wife and wife is not a inappropriate contentstar."

I did read your reply and replied, specifically, to your post.

How about instead of your rebuttals being easy and cheap comments like, "I'm getting it wrong" and "You don't know what you're talking about", you actually tell me what exactly I am getting wrong?

Upvote 0