✟1,100,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

Please read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Simon C

Jun 10, 2022
Birsbane
✟7,933.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
MOD HAT ON

Please read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread.

MOD HAT OFF
MOD HAT ON

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Simon C

Jun 10, 2022
Birsbane
✟7,933.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not sure what definition of ‘successfully’ you are using Simon. Reading the judgement it is clear that the charges were dismissed and were unsuccessful.

it seems like you have an axe to grind against innocent people

I don't know what judgement you are reading but it clearly says judgement for the mother and requires Fr Vesic to pay his mother $35K!

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,789.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't be bothered trying to read the court transcript all the way through, but it appears to be a financial matter between family members due to a property or properties. It is not a religious issue.

Upvote 0

ICXC

Oct 24, 2022
Brisbane
✟15,709.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I couldn't be bothered trying to read the court transcript all the way through, but it appears to be a financial matter between family members due to a property or properties. It is not a religious issue.

Great point! I don't understand why a personal property dispute is being posted on a Christian forum? It has no relevance on religious issues or International politics. Simon's intent seems to be to air dirty laundry about a family which contributes nothing to meaningful discussion.

Regardless, if you read through the judgement it clearly shows that Lili was the plaintiff and the two defendants were a law firm and her son.

The judge clearly summarized what the charges were:

Then the judgement shows:
194. I reject Lillian’s claim that John acted unconscionably.

The judge didn't seem to have a high opinion of Lili either.

Upvote 0

ICXC

Oct 24, 2022
Brisbane
✟15,709.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So in the end, none of the charges were accepted. The judge awarded Lili 25K to assist in compensating her high court costs however the deed was not set aside, the judge accepted John was providing assistance and the claims against the law firm were dismissed. This means she now has to pay court costs for both of the defendants! Doesn't sound very 'successful' to me.

Upvote 0