Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Their ethnicity is very important to the Greeks in my parish. They are very warmly welcoming of outsiders, but they hold tightly to their language, customs, history, and so on.

I live in northwest Florida. I have known a few Jews here, and there are Mormons. Both are a small minority though, as far as I am aware. The religious sector is, I think, heavily Baptist and mixed Pentecostal, for the most part, with I think Catholics after that. I think most others are minorities. I'm not sure there is still a Jewish place of worship, but there used to be. Mormon I wouldn't know, but they visit from time to time.

I have heard before that cradle Orthodox families living in isolation are socially very compatible with Jewish families, especially in their cohesiveness. Which is interesting, I found the Jews in general to be very welcoming and socially much like the Greeks.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Yes, I'm certainly not friends with everyone. Some are in fact "hard to love" but I find myself serving with them, which is good for me. And some are socially just of a very different kind, and that's ok too. We do greet each other sometimes at coffee hour though. And I think it's more like many circles, which overlap other circles, which overlap others, that makes a kind of connection where otherwise there is none. We care for others because they are part of the Body of Christ, and sometimes because they matter to people who matter to us.

At least that's what I see?

Upvote 0