• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Christian struggling with Diaper fetish (AB/DL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mra22

Aug 16, 2011
✟15,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my real name is Matt. I am in need of prayer and advice. I'm not trying to do this for spam or anything and I trust that I won't be judged but for pretty much my whole entire life I have struggled with something called a "diaper fetish" which falls in with something called "AB/DL." Growing up I had somewhat of a rough life, I was abused when I was younger before and I was made fun of and was called an egg head or cone head and it hurt. But I would resort to wearing Diapers and it took stress away. The thing is I know wearing Diapers in general is not a sin it is just another form of underwear, it is just that I find myself becoming aroused by them and I even like to look at grown women wearing them and am aroused by that. I don't like the nudity stuff though because I know nudity pics is wrong and sinful. It just feels like I am at a tug of war because I love GOD with everything in me and I just really don't understand my fascination with this lifestyle and I'm going on 23. It is something that can be embarrassing and I would just appreciate prayers and advice, thank you....

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

Begat

IN*P
Jan 18, 2014
North West England
✟7,702.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I've never heard of anything like this before, and I don't really understand fetishes. But I just want to offer you a bit of moral support, man, <staff edit> and I think sensitivity and care are what you need. I don't know whether God approves of fetishes or not. But if there's a deep hurt that's still causing all of this, isn't it better to sort it out and remove it, rather than potentially drag the remnant artefacts of it into your sex life (or future sex life, if you're not married), and let it colour something sacred and God-given with a reminder of something that mightn't be from God, or make sex into a celebration of something that it wasn't designed to be a celebration of? Again, I stress that I don't really understand any of this in depth. But my gut tells me that it might be best for you if you try and wean yourself off it.

Kudos to you for having the courage to ask about this. I hope more people<staff edit> at least let you know that they care.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

cafefan374

Moderate Centrist
Apr 21, 2011
Deep South
✟20,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've heard of this fetish before and I know that there are videos and what not that cater to those w/ this particular fetish. I also have heard of adults resorting to this fetish as a result of child abuse (i.e. diaper discipline) as a child. Idk if that was the case with you, however this fetish is often the result of that. Or likewise it could be the result of other forms of abuse and you finding diapers to relieve your stress. However, I will be praying for you and I hope you can find the root of what this is. It may take revisiting your past and confronting it to move on, from there you may be able to live the life that God intended for you to live. Feel free to PM me if you wish to talk more about this.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SaltwaterHeart

A Christian Furry And A Christian Brony
Mar 12, 2014
Minnesota
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am familiar with the community, because I'm an ABDL, too. Like you, I was abused, and wearing diapers helps me to decompress and cope with the trauma. Drawing babyfurs (or ABDL furries) is pretty fun as well. I will say that I harbor no sexual interest for any of it, though.

That aside, I have run across some pages that tackle ABDLism and Christianity. Perhaps they'll be of help to you!

The first comes from BitterGrey of UnderstandingInfantilism.Org. The page is titled, "Notes on what the Bible Says About Infantilism."

Leviticus 18:19
Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

Surrounded by famous commands about incest (v. 6 - 18), homosexuality (v. 22), and inappropriate behavior with animals (v.23), this command is almost unknown. As such, it provides a wealth of insight for systematic analysis. Short of such detailed study, it has one simple warning; taken as a whole, the Law is a wondrous and bewildering thing, but verse by verse, it is easily misused. One man uses verse 22 to accuse a homosexual of sin, but the homosexual responds, displaying that this accuser does not observe verse 19. The homosexual might not be justified, but his accuser now stands condemned by his own misuse of the Law of Moses. If we are to keep this Law, we must keep it all, even down to abstaining from pork products.

Dueteronomy 22:5
A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear woman's clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

This command is interesting because it isn't placed with the sexual violations, but with commands such as "Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard" (verse 9), "Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together" (verse 10), "Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together" (verse 11), and "Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear" (verse 12). While this passage is about transvestism, it may also be a call to purity: The Jews, who the Law was given to, were God's chosen people. As such, it was important that they not intermingle with the pagans. This theme of isolated purity is echoed in numerous laws.

Other possible interpretations could be shared with Re 3:15, "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were either one or the other." This can be read that purity in and of itself has value.

Deuteronomy 23:12-14
Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you.

A favorite verse of backpackers, this passage gives a doctrinal justification for sanitary practices. The Old Testament also had an extensive list of things which caused uncleanness, such as menstruation (Leviticus 15:19) and childbirth (Leviticus 12:1-2). These were distinct from sins, but were viewed similarly by the culture.

Leviticus 15:2-3
...When any man has a bodily discharge, the discharge is unclean. Whether it continues flowing from his body or is blocked, it will make him unclean.

It is conceivable that this verse is about incontinence. If so, it describes it as an uncleanness.

Matthew 5:27-28
(27) "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery;' (28) but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Matthew 19:7-10
(7) "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" (8) Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. (9) I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." (10) The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry." (11) Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. (12) For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. Those who can accept this should accept it.

See also 1st. Corinthians 7:25-28.

The relevance here is that of moderation. Purity and perfection are to be valued, certainly. However, they may not be attainable. To decide not to wear diapers is morally safer, for the most part, but not wearing diapers is more easily said than done. Much the same can be said for marrying (1Co 7:32-35), but most people just do it anyway. Those who are able hold to these should do so, but it won't make them more perfect than those who cannot.

Romans 14:22-23
So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But he who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith, and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

If you have questions about the morality of infantilism, deal with them before acting. Do not do anything you are unsure of. This is moderated by 1 Corinthians 10:25-28, which advises against raising unnecessary questions of conscience. 1 Corinthians 10:32-33 summarizes "...whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (32) Do not cause anyone to stumble..."

1st. Corinthians 3:1-3
Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly-mere infants in Christ. (2) I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. (3) You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?

Although it may be excusable, spiritual immaturity among Christians is a bad thing; the equivalent of mental retardation or stunted growth. Christians should strive to become mature, but whether these spiritually mature Christians wear physical diapers is another matter. Sadly, many churches never outgrow 1st. Corithians.

1st. Corinthians 10:23
"Everything is permissible for me" - but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible" - but not everything is constructive.

Christians are not bound by the Law of Moses, but this freedom must must not give rise to a self-serving lawlessness.

1st. Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned as a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Like 1st. Corinthians 3:1-3, this text uses emotional maturity as an analogy for spiritual maturity. Please see the note for that verse.

Ephesians 4:14
The we will no longer be infants, tossed back and fourth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

See 1st. Corinthians 3:1-3.

The second comes from LilJennie's Website. Written by LilJennie, the page is entitled, "Infantilism And Spirituality."

My relationship with God is important to me, and it is necessary for me to reconcile anything I do with that relationship. This essay is about how I reconcile my adult-baby desires and activities with what I believe God wants for me.

The Bible

Although I do not accept every word in the Christian Bible as the direct word of God (but that's another essay), it is still important to me. Even those who pick through the Bible looking for sins to accuse their neighbors of, however, would agree that there is nothing in the Bible specifically about infantilism or adult babies, either for or against. This is not surprising; there isn't much written anywhere about infantilism or adult babies.

Masturbation is sometimes involved in my infantilism activities, though; it could be argued (both for and against) that all my adult-baby activities are a form of masturbation. And masturbation is clearly proscribed in the Old Testament. So, however, are many other things that we never think twice about, such as wearing clothes made of two different types of fabric. I look upon the Old Testament regulations in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy and so forth as rules and regulations imposed by a God who didn't think the people were ready to understand the spirit of the law. I think that if the anti-masturbation rule were to be restated more in line with the spirit behind it, it would go something like, "The Hebrews must increase in number in order to become a great nation, so have intercourse with your wife rather than masturbating," or "Masturbating makes your wife feel inadequate, so don't hurt her this way." But then this is all speculation from a modern perspective. I don't believe that Christians are intended to follow the Old Testament laws per se, and that's that.

As I see it, what Christians are intended to do is follow the teachings of Christ; if they follow anything else, they're not Christians, strictly speaking. In all the Bible, Christ says nothing at all about sexuality; the closest He gets is when He talks about whether there's marriage in the Kingdom of God. I'm sure there are people out there who would love it if Christ had said something about homosexuality being a sin, or at least about heterosexuality being normal, but He says nothing of the kind. And if something appears in the Epistles, it is only the opinion of an early Christian leader, not the word of God. It seems that before Jesus' blood had dried, each of the apostles started putting his own spin on Jesus' teachings. I consider myself a Christian, and not a Hebrew or a Paulist.

Even if the Gospels did report that Jesus had said something about sexuality, it would still be suspect. The entire Bible has been edited many times over the years, and many decisions have been made about what to put in and what to leave out. At one time there were many versions of each of the books of the Bible, each slightly different from all the rest, and human beings decided which text to include from which versions. Evidence of this process can be seen when the same story is told in different words, which occurs multiple times in both Testaments. My rule of thumb is this — suspect the Gospels, and do not trust the rest of the Bible.

What I Believe

So what do I trust? Jesus made it pretty clear when He gave us His commandments (Matthew 22:37-40):

• Love God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind
  • Love your neighbor as yourself (implicit in this one is that you should love yourself too)

If I throw away all the dross, this remains: Jesus wants me to love God, my fellow beings, and myself. A more beautiful message cannot be imagined. But what, concretely speaking, does this mean that Jesus wants me to do? I believe that He wants me to do what I want, as long as I consider the needs of God, others, and myself. That is, don't hurt God, others, or myself.

How does one hurt God? It's hard to hurt an omnipotent being, but I think one hurts God by hurting one's relationship with God. Basically, I shouldn't do anything that damages that relationship. As long as I keep thinking about these things, I consider myself to be maintaining that relationship.

How does one hurt others? Clearly there are many ways, both physically and emotionally. I shouldn't litter, for example, because littering makes the world ugly for myself and others. (Perhaps I shouldn't use disposable diapers, because some say that they're bad for the environment. Others say that cloth diapers are bad for the environment too. But doesn't just existing put a strain on the Earth's support system that we all rely on? I'm still wondering about that one.) I must eat meat, because humans are omnivores and are meant to eat meat, but I should not be wasteful of the resources that animals died to provide. I shouldn't indulge in infantilism and ignore my wife, because that would hurt her feelings.

How does one hurt oneself? Well, obviously I shouldn't go cutting off my fingers, but there's no reason I'd want to. But I can hurt myself by doing things that interfere with my goals in life. That means I have to know my goals in life. I must be careful about wearing diapers to work, which I do occasionally — it's unlikely that discovery would lead to my losing my job, but I shouldn't take chances. I must be careful not to get interested in infantilism to the exclusion of all else. But I don't see how simply putting on and using diapers, wearing baby clothes, or using bibs, bottles, pacifiers and other baby items hurts me, others, or my relationship with God.

God made me this way, and that means that God intended for me to be a cute little baby girl inside, and sometimes that baby girl peeks out. What could be wrong with that?

I know that is a lot of reading, but I hope that this was helpful in some way! If I find any other Christian ABDL articles, I'll be sure to post them here!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

mra22

Aug 16, 2011
✟15,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I've heard of this fetish before and I know that there are videos and what not that cater to those w/ this particular fetish. I also have heard of adults resorting to this fetish as a result of child abuse (i.e. diaper discipline) as a child. Idk if that was the case with you, however this fetish is often the result of that. Or likewise it could be the result of other forms of abuse and you finding diapers to relieve your stress. However, I will be praying for you and I hope you can find the root of what this is. It may take revisiting your past and confronting it to move on, from there you may be able to live the life that God intended for you to live. Feel free to PM me if you wish to talk more about this.

Yeah there a videos and images. I find grown women (18 plus of course) wearing them beautiful too and I don't understand why exactly. I know I had a rough childhood growing up and i was beaten before. Something has always attracted me to diapers........

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SolomnPromise

Nov 27, 2016
Wisconsin
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey Matt, and everyone else on this thread. I also struggle with this fetish, the DL side, not the AB side. I think i've always had a thing for diapers, although i forgot about them for most of my teenage years. At age 17 i was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, and in the process of trying to control my disease and the age of 21 i dealt with a lot of bedwetting accidents. Well finally I got sick of it, and bought a pack of diapers which i was immediately drawn to, and in the process of looking for support, i found others in the ABDL community who had the same feelings as i did. I have been dealing with this fetish for 15 years now, and i finally re-dedicated my life to the Lord Jesus Christ. I think i can be a lot of help in this area if need be by anyone who is seeking answers. In fact i believe Jesus allowed me to go through this in order to help those like me. First and foremost, Jesus loves you, right now, in the midst of sin, he loves you. He wants to have a relationship with you. You don't have to change to talk to him, he will do the changing in you. I always had questions about being a Christian and still being able to wear diapers. I made soo many excuses so that i could continue to wear, and then i came across Galatians 5:24: Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. It hit me right in my soul, the innermost sanctum of my conscience. We are representatives of the living God, his very hands and feet. We have to drain us of ourselves to allow him to fill us and shine through us. We are an example of light and truth in a world filled with darkness and lies. We are supposed to imitate Christ, we as Christians are the salt of the earth. Matthew 16:25 says: For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. In all things it's not about us, it's about him, and letting him shine through us so the world can see what they're missing out on. I love you brothers and sisters in Christ, if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Prayers
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.