Could some homeless people be far closer to G-d than we imagine?

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is a fascinating story from a dream that does a good job of illustrating this possibility?

It is at 4:35:00 in this audio on youtube:

It is also here about nine tenths of the way down this page:

The Final Quest [English] Rick Joyner
It is an interesting idea that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus may judge us by very different standards than we tend to use on ourselves and others.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A couple blocks from my house, a few go to be with God every year.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A couple blocks from my house, a few go to be with God every year.

The reception that they receive in heaven may be very different than we might imagine. Appearances can be so deceiving.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just responding to the topic question, Mr. Tate: Yes, it is entirely possible that at least some homeless people are closer to God, just like people in countries who have less than we have are also probably more likely to get closer to God because they have less distractions to divert them. I wouldn't want to be homeless. God blessed me to spend 10 days willfully homeless in NYC to experience what it was like. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I am impressed that you felt compelled to take such a serious step as to voluntarily be homeless for ten days to develop compassion for those in that situation. Are you involved with a ministry to the homeless?

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am impressed that you felt compelled to take such a serious step as to voluntarily be homeless for ten days to develop compassion for those in that situation. Are you involved with a ministry to the homeless?

God told me to. I trust Him. I will tell you though that I had written letters for my pastor to give to my family in case I didn't live through the experience. I had no clue what to expect. Just that I was supposed to do it. Honestly, one of the biggest lessons I learned was that food is relatively easy to come by (at least in NYC), but shelter from the weather wasn't. And, the homeless I met helped each other. So, when I arrived, some immediately took me under their wing to show me where to go and when.

I work with children now--some orphaned, some taken from parents--either way, they feel homeless. But, directly with homeless? Not at this point. But, I will never forget what I experienced and the people I met.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I think a lot of people will be surprised when they see who is and who is not where they are at in the afterlife, wherever they may end up by the way. As for the homeless, no doubt many of them may well be closer to the Lord than many of us here at CF.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Wow!!!!!!

My wife also receives a level of guidance on occasion that astonishes me. She was actually told back in August of 2000 that I was going to be her husband and that she should fast and pray for me for 35 days. She actually did this. For four weeks for three days / week she drank only fruit juices and Messiah Yeshua - Jesus woke her up early and got her to pray for me. For the fifth week.... .seven days in a row only fruit juices.

I still don't quite comprehend that level of direct guidance by the Holy Spirit but it sure is nice to read about some examples of this.

I think your point about how homeless people assist each other is a huge idea for us to use in our prayers for the homeless and I believe that the Story of Angelo by Rick Joyner has the potential to inspire many homeless people as well as those who work with them to begin an especially powerful Awakening among the homeless?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

A man from Africa claims to have had a near death experience that deals very powerfully with that subject of exactly who will end up in heaven..... and who could miss out due to their refusing to forgive others?

Emanuel Tuwagirairmana's Near-Death Experience

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reception that they receive in heaven may be very different than we might imagine. Appearances can be so deceiving.
I've always lightly thought that people get what they want in Heaven.

So heaven would be God driving a delicatessen delivery truck and swerving quickly with whole wrapped sandwiches flying off the truck.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

So heaven would be God driving a delicatessen delivery truck and swerving quickly with whole wrapped sandwiches flying off the truck.

Yes...... and apparently a warm place on a cold night is an even greater need for homeless people in New York for example.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

It may be a lesson in contrast - if you've never gone hungry a day in your life, what is it like to eat at a banquet? But what is it like to eat at a banquet if you perished from starvation?

What is it like for a blind man to see? I will never know that joy, having never lived physically blind. What is it like for the homeless to find a home? Their joys may be of a deeper nature than we can comprehend.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Something that all of us are somewhat starved for would be unconditional love.

Former Atheist and near death experiencer Howard Storm Ph. D. states over and over again that it was the unconditional love of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus for him that caused him to turn around completely from his old selfish and egotistical ways.

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

If you haven't heard any of his interviews yet I do highly recommend them.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Anything is possible in God's world . I tried to play the clip and couldn't get it to play . I really don't need to hear it. What is it you want to know about the homeless situation in our country?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Anything is possible in God's world . I tried to play the clip and couldn't get it to play . I really don't need to hear it. What is it you want to know about the homeless situation in our country?

It is increasing in seriousness here in Canada.

Homelessness in Canada - Wikipedia

I had an idea a few years ago on how perhaps church could do more to assist the homeless and poor?

North American churches should each have their own currency!

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I had an idea a few years ago on how perhaps church could do more to assist the homeless and poor?

You do realize that when the bible speaks of the poor and homeless it is speaking of spiritual truth's. Not physical truths.

The homeless man on the sidewalk may have been put there to witness to the poor,homeless lady who steps out of the limo with her $3000 dollar shoes, mink coat,diamond ear rings and necklace, who lives in the best penthouse in the nation.

Of course we are to physically help the poor, but for everyone who is physically poor and homeless there are 10000000 who are physically great........but poor and homeless spiritually.

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The homeless communities increased dramatically when the US closed down most of the mental institutions . Alot of mental illness, drug addiction, alcoholism, and some who just don't want any responsibilities other than themselves.

My wife and I fed 250 homeless every Friday for 5 years. We also had 8 recovery homes that were available for anyone who desired them . Each house had 5 rooms, completely stocked with food, work opportunities, rides to and from work, help to get licenses and cars .

I can honestly say every person we fed, 1000 per month, knew those homes were available to them if they really wanted, but most would get very upset if you asked them why they didn't want this opportunity. In 5 years I can remember maybe 10 homeless people who gave this chance a try.

We always were available to the homeless for a real second chance, but most of our clients so to speak came from the Salvation Army. These would spend 6 months in the SA, then come out and have no where to go . So we ended up keeping the homes full from that avenue.

I had to cringe when I saw you relate the homeless people to being closer to God. If you've been in the trenches for as long as we were, you'd see that the majority of the homeless are some of the most selfish people on earth. They don't care about anything but themselves, but , I would do it all over again to help those one or two who wanted it .

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Very interesting......... some near death experiencers report being shown that selfishness...... is the gateway to "hell"........ So it is logical that the people who have an especially serious problem with selfishness would tend to end up unable or unwilling to live with others?!

A question on my mind would be.... did Dr. Michael Yeager
see the universe.... in its "without form and void" state that it might have been in before G-d began to form universes and choreograph Big Bang type events?

Stephen Hawking Ph. D. states that Super Strings that exist in ten or eleven dimensions of space - time are one fundamental form of energy. Dr. Chaim Tejman writes about Super Energetic Matter or Super Waves. Could the worms that Dr. Michael Yeager saw be Super Strings and could the lake of fire be what Super Waves appear like????

Could the meeting of the spermatozoa and the ova of human conception be like G-d.... at the point where G-d began to create more and more and more???

Genesis 1

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0