Status
Not open for further replies.

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
so the Eastern Orthodox rebelled against Constantine and had nothing to do with the Inquisitions or with burning Protestants at the stake?

They didn't rebel against Constantine. The Roman Empire continued to exist in the east and the Christians there eventually became the Eastern Orthodox Church.

Constantine lived during the fourth century.
The western half of the empire fell in the fifth century. It became basically the nation states we have in western Europe today.
The eastern half of the empire's Christian ceased being in communion with the west in the eleventh century.
The eastern half of the Empire fell in the 16th Century.

The Inquisition is one of the most wrongly understand historical events.
Protestants were burned at the stake by kings if they took up arms and tried to overthrow the king. This happened among protestant and Catholic kings.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private

Catholics are bound and have always been bound to act on the faith as it has always been taught. Catholics are not bound to do whatever the Pope says. This is a common error.

Catholics make no allegiance to the Pope in Rome, especially on political matters.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private

Catholics do no make any allegiance to the Pope. I don't know where people get that from. Catholics are bound by faith to believe in the teachings of the Church as they have been taught for centuries.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

So who was the first Pope after Constantine, and how did the Pope replace Jesus Christ as the head of the church? Also, when the Roman Pope and the Eastern Orthodox Pope excommunicated each other, which one actually was the replacement of Jesus Christ? Why didn't they just have a duel and fight to the death so people would not have to wonder which one was supposed to be the replacement for Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staff came to a consensus to keep this thread closed for Flaming and Goading and Congregational Forum Restrictions rule violations.

Congregational Forum Restrictions

Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.