Sin, Unbelief, And At War With Yourself?

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If yes, can I encourage you to keep on reading the word of God because,

For the word of God is living, active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

This is the only weapon that can fight this battle for you. As you keep reading the word again and again, this two-edged sword pierces deeper and deeper until it completely breaks your heart of stone and restores you. Do not give up. Get your weapon and hold on to it. None of us have the ability to get to the root of the issue and uproot it for ourselves. For we are all spiritually dead but the word of God is living and active.

Thank God for giving us His Word.

Last edited:

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
When we are born again, BY the WILL of THE FATHER in heaven,

we are no longer spiritually dead.

Temptations, struggles, even sin, continue - common to all men.

We overcome by the word of our testimony (of Jesus) and by the blood of the Lamb Who was slain.

Yes, this and many more directions are simply, harmoniously, wisely , in Scripture, as Revealed by the Father , to little children.

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

For the word of God is living, active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

This is the only weapon that can fight this battle for you. As you keep reading the word again and again, this two-edged sword pierces deeper and deeper until it completely breaks your heart of stone and restores you. Do not give up. Get your weapon and hold on to it. None of us have the ability to get to the root of the issue and uproot it for ourselves. For we are all spiritually dead but the word of God is living and active.

Daily prayer and the Scriptures are indeed the sphere for the believer's life in Christ.

Ephesians 6 has the great passage about the whole armour of God.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well said, but let's not neglect the Holy Spirit's power and influence. The written word is important because the Spirit will never contradict what is written. This is one of the ways we can know and understand whether what we are hearing is from God. The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ (Rom. 8:9) and the word of God incarnate, written, and revealed never contradict.

I would also take issue with the premise we are all spiritually dead. Salvation brings indwelling and regeneration. Our struggle is between flesh and Spirit and that cannot occur if we're spiritually dead.

1 Peter 3:18
"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;"

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit
(Gal. 5:25). We have been redeemed so that and we live so that the righteous standard of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Rom. 8:4). We put no confidence in the flesh (Php. 3:3).

Hence the struggle to which this op alludes (Romans 7).

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well said, but let's not neglect the Holy Spirit's power and influence. The written word is important because the Spirit will never contradict what is written. This is one of the ways we can know and understand whether what we are hearing is from God. The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ (Rom. 8:9) and the word of God incarnate, written, and revealed never contradict.

I would also take issue with the premise we are all spiritually dead. Salvation brings indwelling and regeneration. Our struggle is between flesh and Spirit and that cannot occur if we're spiritually dead.

1 Peter 3:18
"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;"

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit
(Gal. 5:25). We have been redeemed so that and we live so that the righteous standard of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (Rom. 8:4). We put no confidence in the flesh (Php. 3:3).

Hence the struggle to which this op alludes (Romans 7).

Agreed. Thanks for sharing.

The intent of my OP is more directed to someone(s) looking for just milk, for I could not give them solid food yet.

To begin with, as a first step, I'm expounding here only the first part of the salvation to hear the word of God over and over and over. Yes, it is the work of the Holy Spirit but the Word of God/Bread of life came first to wash us by His living word and blood (born of water) and prepare us for the receiving of the Spirit (born of Spirit).

Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly- as infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food. In fact, you are still not ready, for you are still worldly. 1 Corinthians 3

Last edited:
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

My the intent of my OP is more directed to someone(s) looking for just milk, for I could not give them solid food yet.

To begin with, as a first step, I'm expounding here only the first part of the salvation to hear the word of God over and over and over. Yes, it is the work of the Holy Spirit but the Word of God/Bread of life came first to wash us by His living word and blood (born of water) and prepare us for the receiving of the Spirit (born of Spirit).

Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly- as infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food. In fact, you are still not ready, for you are still worldly. 1 Corinthians 3
I would see the 'washing of water by the word' in Ephesians as relating to the new birth, rather than in some supposed subsequent experience, would you?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The intent of my OP is more directed to someone(s) looking for just milk, for I could not give them solid food yet.

When I was new to the faith, "young" as a believer, I remember feeling frustrated with my ability to hear from God. In a moment of illumination I realized God is always t/here, always with me, always speaking, always willing (He speaks things into creation), and the problem was my lack of maturity and skill in hearing Him.

So I began to frame, rephrase my inquiries into yes-or-no questions. God may have been there all along giving me lengthy dissertations but I was unable to sit silently or patiently enough to hear or pay attention. But I have the ability to hear a soft, simple, quiet "Yes," or No." Taking note of that experience, walking in faith to trust the "Yes," or the "No," led to a variety of growth areas, particularly in what Watchman Nee called "spiritual intuition." Most importantly, this led to what I was saying in my op-reply: reliance on the written word as a measure of illumination or revelation.

Of course, this is dependent on having read and maintaining familiarity with the written word.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course, this is dependent on having read and maintaining familiarity with the written word.
The Word of God is so rich and deep; but the believer needs to pursue the wholesome, blessed habit of feeding on it prayerfully.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Psalm 119.105 and Psalm 119.89 also come to mind; it's all about eternity positively affecting our daily path.

Upvote 0