your Literary heroes

D

DharmaBum

MarvinAndroid42 said:
Who do you want to write like?

Of the people I've read, I personally want to have the style and structuring of Leo Tolstoy, conversations like Jane Austen's and entertainment value of Alexandre Dumas. :p

* what a weird^ novel that would be!

I like the clean crisp style of Hemingway. Then throw in the humor/wit of Joseph Heller and John Irving.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenka

ISCARIOT AGENCY XIII - Agent VII :1st-C Info Tech
Sep 16, 2005
Ottawa
Visit site
✟18,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would love to have the writing style of Stephen King, using his abilities to keep readers glued to his pages, wating for the next flash of genius, mixed with the story-telling abilities of the Grimm Brothers, they have a lyrical sense about them, that I always strive to copy, as well as J.M. Berrie who I admire greatly

Your Humble Servant,
-Jenka

Upvote 0

moogoob

Resident Deist
Jun 14, 2006
✟16,082.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
CA-Others
Neal Stephenson. His books can have an action-filled war scene followed by a math equation(and subsequent functional description of WWII-era one-time-pad encryption) followed by a four-page description of how the main character eats Cap'n Crunch.

All of which are found in his novel Cryptonomicon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

favored_one

Jun 30, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟8,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
moogoob said:
Neal Stephenson. His books can have an action-filled war scene followed by a math equation(and subsequent functional description of WWII-era one-time-pad encryption) followed by a four-page description of how the main character eats Cap'n Crunch.

All of which are found in his novel Cryptonomicon.

I love this guy!! I read Snow Crash and fell in love. I started Cryptonomicon because of the rave reviews but then found out the characters were intoduced previously. Now starting over to read all of his books!

I am also trying to read Gravitys Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. Those parts of his work that I can actually understand are hilarious and genius. His thought process is what amazes me!

Upvote 0