• St. Benedict

• St. Therese Little Flower

• St. Anne

• St. Stephen

• St. Christopher

• St. Peter

• St. George

• St. Thomas Aquinis

• Other. (sorry folks, I can only list 10)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jujubean

SMILE GOD LOVES YOU!!!!!!
May 13, 2005
rural MO
✟9,472.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Michelina said:
Scholastica is my grandmother's name. It's so rare (even in Italy) that when my Grandmother was in the hospital, many of the Benedictine nuns who run the hospital came to her room to visit her.

Thank you for sharing this! WHen I picked this name as a confirmation name, My teacher had to look her up because she thought I made it up. She thought I had taken it from the "scholastic" book sale and added an "a". Boy was she red when she found the name. Anyhoo... Thanks again for sharing!

Upvote 0

Paul S

Salve, regina, mater misericordiæ
Sep 12, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟17,194.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
jujubean said:
Thank you for sharing this! WHen I picked this name as a confirmation name, My teacher had to look her up because she thought I made it up. She thought I had taken it from the "scholastic" book sale and added an "a". Boy was she red when she found the name. Anyhoo... Thanks again for sharing!

Sister of St. Benedict, Feast day February 10. :)

I love the story about her soul taking the form of a dove when she died, as St. Benedict watched it going up to heaven.

Scholastica, sister of the worshipful Father, Benedict, had been consecrated to God in early childhood, as St. Gregory recounteth in the latter book of his Dialogues. She used to visit with Benedict once a year. On these occcasions he would go down to meet her in a house belonging to the monastery a short distance from the entrance. On a certain day, a sudden downpour of rain, obtained from God from Scholastica just as darkness was setting in, made it impossible for her worshipful brother to leave. And so they spent the entire night together, and both of them derived great profit from the holy thoughts they exchanged about the interior life. The next morning Scholastica returned to her convent, and Benedict to his monastery. Three days later as he stood in his room looking up towards heaven, he beheld his sister's soul leaving her body and entering the heavenly court in the form of a dove. Then Benedict sent some of his brethren to bury her body in the tomb he had prepared for himself. Whereby it came to pass that they twain who had ever been of one mind in the Lord, even in death were not divided.

Upvote 0

Freedom&Light

and I will give you rest.
Jul 4, 2004
Longview, TX
✟12,566.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
stp05003.jpg

St. Philomena

and

stbartholomew.jpg

St. Bartholomew

I just met a man today who has been blessed by St. Philomena. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟448,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WOW...I love em all..

St Anthony is always helping us..
Our Lady is my favorite I suppose, but all of them are good.

Plus, all those who were my family whom died..and made it to heaven. Altho not canonized...are Saints too. :):groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I cannot pick just one. "Mary", after Our Lady, is my Confirmation name. My husband's is "Joseph". St. Maximilian Kolbe is the founder of the Militia Immaculata, and I am a member. Unfortunately I find that I must follow in the footsteps of St. Monica, and I wonder how she even managed. (I also belong to the St. Monica Sodality.) I admire St. Thomas Moore and the steadfast holiness of St. Rita. When my children were little, I believe that St. Anthony must have had to LIVE at our house in order to keep up with us. I think St. Jude (the saint of impossible causes has met his match with my one daughter. I have come to LOVE St. Theresa the Little Flower, and "big" Teresa (St. Teresa of Avila). And I find Edith Stein awesome. In short, I just can't pick just one--they are all wonderful.

Upvote 0
Besides the Blessed Mother and Saint Joseph;

The Saint for some reason I have always felt especially close to is Saint Dismas, the Good Thief/(the repentant thief on the cross)... Don't ask me why, I'm no thief but just always felt close to him as Saints go.. I would also say, within the order of grace I'm also very frequent with my Gaurdian Angel.. and a few others more common..:)

J.M.J.
Mark

Upvote 0

romaneagle13

Oct 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
✟8,539.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have always admired St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. I also like St. Michael the Archangel, ST. Vincent de Paul, St. Maximilian Kolbe, St. John the Baptist, St. Mary Magdalene, St. Agnes and especially the one for whom I was named, St. Therese the little flower.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

ladybug01

Excluding Our Lady, because She is assumed, of the ones you listed, I would have to go with St. Therese. However, my absolute favourite saint is St. Agnes of Rome. I am in love with all of the early Church martyrs, so anyone else during that time could also be considered a favourite.

Of those who should be saints, but as of yet are not, I absolute adore Archbishop Fulton Sheen and Chesterton, though I don't know that much about GKC's actual life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.