Your Favorite Author!!!

May 21, 2005
✟19,742.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
:wave: Christian Fiction: I like Robert Whitlow and Kristen Heitzmen. A really new author, Scott Philip Stewart, wrote The Healing of Ryne O'Casey, one of the best books I have read in a long time. :clap: :clap:

Has anyone read any Judith Pella books?

Other fiction: The Cape Ann by Faith Sullivan, a rival for To Kill a Mockingbird.:bow: :bow: :bow:

Upvote 0
Right now my favorite author is Frank Peretti, author of 'Monster' and "The Visitation."
...Monster was kind of good but I found it a bit childish (could be me, though), but The Visitation was really good. It revolved around the idea of a "fake Christ" stirring up trouble in a little wheat-town in the West.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Robert Anson Heinlein, so many great books.

For me Tolkein is not even close as a potential favorite author. That is NOT to say his works fail in any way, it is just the small number of works he finished.

With Heinlein you can omit 5-10 works and still have some left that are peoples favorites.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Todd Grace

The best carpentry and specialty building around
Nov 21, 2010
The Beach
✟7,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am my wife's biggest fan. Her first book published , Angel in the Shadows, was named to AOL's Top Ten Most Challenged List for 2010.
It was the only Christian book on the list. It was branded as "The Christian alternative to Stephanie Meyer's Twilight".
I work as her first editor. Lisa has 2 more books which will be out this year. She has an adult history mystery ready that I think will be a huge hit. Yes I'm biased but I read a lot and she has a hit with this one. The Angel Series is for young adult readers 12 and up. The adult novel, which I won't name, was a surprise I didn't expect because of the different writing style. We use the young adult series as a door to reach into the hearts of unsaved teens giving testimonies and stories at schools and churches around the country. We were able to get the book into secular areas because we avoided the word Christian. Footnotes in the story keep it from being preachy. The footnotes are referenced in the end of the story so the reader can reference where the scripture came from.

Upvote 0