You will never Forget, You Saw this Video! (It took me 50 years before finding out)

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You will never Forget, You Saw this Video! Do I need to repent of my sins to go to heaven? What is the definition of Repentance? Do I need to turn and forsake my sins? Is the message repent and believe? Or is the message to just believe? What does the Bible say about this?

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We need to believe first, that belief will over time lead to many changes in the way a person lives their life, ie many 'changes of mind' ie repentences.

Do you believe receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life. Happens in a moment in time or over a life time of living in obedience to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need to believe first, that belief will over time lead to many changes in the way a person lives their life, ie many 'changes of mind' ie repentences.
Would you show me where that last part is in the Bible? I can see where that is taught that this is how one grows, like in Rom. 12:1,2. But I don't see where It says that this will happen...

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟186,363.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would you show me where that last part is in the Bible? I can see where that is taught that this is how one grows, like in Rom. 12:1,2. But I don't see where It says that this will happen...
So you don't think a person coming to believe in Jesus will have an effect on them as a person so that they grow and change over time as they mature as a Christian?

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you don't think a person coming to believe in Jesus will have an effect on them as a person so that they grow and change over time as they mature as a Christian?
I believe that it's like asking if a single person would get married, will their life change? The obvious answer is: "of course." Though they can resist it and the changes are not by themselves requirements. So, if a person trust Christ as Savior, God becomes their Father and will discipline them. But I just heard an example. One can't say something like: "Oh, this guy smokes, he must not have trusted Christ as Savior." Or any other sin...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen.. always repent... getting right with God.. AMAN my brother.. YES its something we should never forget. I remember in Collage where there was no internet no cell phones and on the Radio was this known preacher said "I don't think there is anyone that has fallen more then I have. Just get up dust off keep going". Just repent forgive your self do a 180 not 360 lol.

Sorry if I said it wrong? But I believe we agree :)

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen.. always repent... getting right with God.. AMAN my brother.. YES its something we should never forget. I remember in Collage where there was no internet no cell phones and on the Radio was this known preacher said "I don't think there is anyone that has fallen more then I have. Just get up dust off keep going". Just repent forgive your self do a 180 not 360 lol.

Sorry if I said it wrong? But I believe we agree :)
I taught Trigonometry, so I appreciate the 180. I've heard the 360 many times. But there is a big secret that I discovered about repentance just recently. It took me 50 years! It's in the short video!

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟611,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with this line of reasoning in my opinion is tharlt salvation is just the starting point of Christianity, rather than the goal. The goal in Christianity is becoming more and more like Christ. And being like Christ means wanting to please God more than anything else in life. And our motivation for that is supposed to be because we love God more than anything else.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with this line of reasoning in my opinion is tharlt salvation is just the starting point of Christianity, rather than the goal. The goal in Christianity is becoming more and more like Christ. And being like Christ means wanting to please God more than anything else in life. And our motivation for that is supposed to be because we love God more than anything else.
You are perfectly describing discipleship. Luke 6:40

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟611,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are perfectly describing discipleship. Luke 6:40
Which of course is what being a Christian is supposed to be. Going back some on what I said, I think it's important to know what repent means as you illustrated so well. But I'd like to see more Chistians proceed further from salvation, towards sanctification / turning away from sin, simply because that pleases the Lord. Which of course you said yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which of course is what being a Christian is supposed to be. Going back some on what I said, I think it's important to know what repent means as you illustrated so well. But I'd like to see more Chistians proceed further from salvation, towards sanctification / turning away from sin, simply because that pleases the Lord. Which of course you said yourself.
Yes, so repentance is a change of mind, if the Greek is METANOIA. There are several words in the Scriptures that were translated "repent." The danger with translating it like that is that the English reader assumes that it's all the same word and the same meaning. And then the English dictionary gives it a wrong meaning, which is based on a Latin word in the Latin Vulgate. But any time the word is used with reference to salvation, it's always the word METANOIA, which means to change your mind. That Greek word is not a religious word at all. It was used for any one changing their mind. I show several examples of that in the video. For instance, if you think I'm Danish, I could show you the documents and you might METANOIA or change your mind. It was even used for someone that convinces someone else to do something bad. They changed their mind.

So, after we trust Christ as Savior, then we need to change our mind many times. That's why we need to read the Word, memorize the Word, meditate on the Word and obey the word and finally teach others to do the same.

Upvote 0