Yes, Frank Schaeffer has gone even farther off the deep end.

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just read the link. Disgusting. I don't know who makes me angrier: Franky or the priest that would hand him the Blessed Eucharist even though he espouses these nutty notions against the Church publically while bringing scandal to the Church? sigh....

Someone who openly rejects Holy Orthodoxy, the basic tenets of our faith, and then even on top of that the basics of who Christ is, how can a priest in good conscience give them the sacred Body and Blood?

ughhh

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There were several ellipses when they quoted him. I have to wonder exactly to what extent his words were edited. Many things that he has said and done in the recent past concern me, but I do like to be fair for he sake of being fair, and I am curious to see his exact words in their full context.

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I feel like everyone here, and the person who wrote that article, has really mis-interpreted what Mr. Schaeffer was saying.

I just read the article, and I felt like, I could see how his words could be seen as overly hyperbolic, but I felt like he was saying something much deeper... which was edited out. Seems like they took all the hooks from his argument and put them in the quotes when in reality those were just supposed to get your attention for what he actually had to say.

And he did say it... talking about how he was beamed to another planet on the seat of a private jet and surrounded by preachers who made billions.

If that doesn't describe some of the worst aspects of Protestantism I duno what else does.

I hope nobody here actually believes that the guy who says he can pray to JESUS to eliminate your credit card debt, for just a small fee of $200-$1000, is actually following an Orthodox way of life. (true story, btw)

If you do...

You totally deserve to loose all your money, and all your salvation in the seat of a private jet.

Upvote 0