Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
People are quite confused about this whole issue.

There's the debacle of the hour by hour US pull out. Yes its awful. But.....

Then there's the sheer horror of an 18 year expenditure of American lives and wealth amounting to nothing.

People are mesmerized by the images of the moment, possibly to avoid contemplating the big picture of near two decades of futility. (I count the first couple years as a war that at least achieved the routing of Al Qaeda.)

Some people are even blaming the former for the latter, which of course is utterly ignorant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Toynbee

Trump Won
Sep 22, 2011
✟40,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, would YOU tune to CNN? One of the most biased, anti-news channels there is, right there alongside MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and ABC.

I think it's great they're criticizing Biden - goodness knows that's all Biden is good for - criticism, but I wouldn't trust CNN enough to tune in even for that.

It's time they gave up the ghost of pretense that they're into "news" and go the way of the Dodo.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, blaming Trump is a give in ....I believe it is written into their bylaws.....But

This one is squarely on Biden, He ignored the advisers and dismissed the military officials and strategist.
And when I say Biden...I really don't know who I am talking about...because, I don't believe it's his decisions ...someone else is pulling the strings.

• Agree
Reactions: Toynbee
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, blaming Trump is a give in ....I believe it is written into their bylaws.....But

This one is squarely on Biden, He ignored the advisers and dismissed the military officials and strategist.
And when I say Biden...I really don't know who I am talking about...because, I don't believe it's his decisions ...someone else is pulling the strings.
What specifically is "this one"?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The honeymoon phase had to end at some point.

The "at least Trump's not here anymore" and "phew, now the adults are back in charge" stuff isn't going to be enough to carry a person through 4 years without criticism by entities that purport to be news organizations.

Or, the other alternative... left-leaning outlets used Biden (because of his status as a moderate) to beat Trump (when they would've preferred someone much further left of Biden, but a far-left person may have lost), and now that that's happened, a geriatric moderate is no longer of any use to them, so now it's time to pounce so that they can get him out of the way and run the type of person they actually prefer in 2024.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,580.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Biden is the person who finalized the withdrawal of American troops, but Trump is the person who put the withdrawal into action and did the lion's share of the work. They do both share the blame. But I'm sure if Biden had decided to break Trump's agreement with the Taliban and kept troops there he would have been attacked for that.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't Blame Biden for it, nor do I blame Trump, nor do I blame Obama...

A lot of these "we need to spread democracy, and it's the job of America to make sure everyone else has a Madisonian republic like we do" notions came from the Bush administration.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden is the person who finalized the withdrawal of American troops, but Trump is the person who put the withdrawal into action and did the lion's share of the work. They do both share the blame. But I'm sure if Biden had decided to break Trump's agreement with the Taliban and kept troops there he would have been attacked for that.

Yes, as my girlfriend said, Biden is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Blame? They both deserve credit for finally dropping the curtain on our longest war.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I noticed CNN being critical of Biden for 20 minutes so I started this thread because that surprised, but lol, as I was typing this I heard "Trump is to blame as well"
perhaps the money making strategy for CNN will be attack Trump and Biden
a 20 year war and trump is to blame lol.
i have read and heard the afghan army was being paid by america once they stopped receiving paychecks basically they quit, no paycheck no will to fight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,802.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well, would YOU tune to CNN? One of the most biased, anti-news channels there is, right there alongside MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and ABC.

I suppose you're going to try to convince everyone that FOX is balanced...

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
a 20 year war and trump is to blame lol.
i have read and heard the afghan army was being paid by america once they stopped receiving paychecks basically they quit, no paycheck no will to fight.
Trump is to blame for letting it carry on for about 3 more useless years than it had to.

But of course he's not to blame for the Taliban ending up as the Afghan govt generally. That was going to be the outcome sooner.... or later.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump is to blame for letting it carry on for about 3 more useless years than it had to.

But of course he's not to blame for the Taliban ending up as the Afghan govt generally. That was going to be the outcome sooner.... or later.
i can easily say so was obama and biden to blame for letting it carry on for 8 years. biden could of eased out a little less so people wouldn't be hanging on to airplanes falling off.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
People are quite confused about this whole issue.

There's the debacle of the hour by hour US pull out. Yes its awful. But.....

Then there's the sheer horror of an 18 year expenditure of American lives and wealth amounting to nothing.

People are mesmerized by the images of the moment, possibly to avoid contemplating the big picture of near two decades of futility. (I count the first couple years as a war that at least achieved the routing of Al Qaeda.)

Some people are even blaming the former for the latter, which of course is utterly ignorant.

It's unlikely that very many Americans are indeed "quite confused" or "mesmerized" over the fall of Afghanistan. It is possible to argue that there had to be an end to our presence in that country sometime or other...or that a withdrawal would be dangerous and would require plenty of planning,

but Biden caused a calamity in several different ways with his "cut and run" approach, none of which had to be inevitable or unavoidable.

Then he literally went into hiding during the crisis, and now he shamelessly tries to excuse himself from the horrors currently unfolding and from those that will come because of him and him alone. There's no silver lining to this.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
i can easily say so was obama and biden to blame for letting it carry on for 8 years. biden could of eased out a little less so people wouldn't be hanging on to airplanes falling off.
Absolutely Obama is to blame, imo, for carrying on with the war.

But the ultimate blamee in the all-important blame game is the Bush administration and it's enablers who bought into the utopian fantasy of nation building in the first place.

Upvote 0