Would you support an Obama administration?

Would you allow an Obama administration to govern?

• Of course, I'm a Democrat

• I'm a Republican, but I'll give the guy a chance

• No way, Obama is an outsider and the election was probably stolen

• In my heart I want to give him a chance, but as a Republican it's my duty to continue the fight

• I will restore Republican rule by any means necessary

• It's got nothing to do with Democrat vs Republican, I will not accept a black man in the White House

Results are only viewable after voting.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am a conservative because I believe that conservative goverment is best.
I will support the person that is elected to be President. As I did with Bush, I will support him when I believe he is right, and oppose him when he is wrong.
It is our goverment, we must stay involved. Even if the Democrats get a 75% majority, We must still demand conservative ideas.(Heaven help us if either side ever gets that majority.)

Upvote 0

JoshuaW

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
✟11,457.00
Faith
Christian
and yet, when I said in a post that my choice was not represented, and at least one other poster said that theirs wasn't represented, there was no offer to change the choices to fit our feelings. At least two of us formally annouced that our choice was not provided and it didn't matter. So why now, why is there a sudden change of heart about adjusting the poll?

Because it didn't occur to me before to change it. Now are you going to tell me your preferred answer?

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will support and uplift an Obama administration as vigorously and as eagerly as the left has supported the Bush administration. It's gonna be fun.

And the cycle continues...

...the left treated Bush the way the right treated Clinton...

...now the right will treat Obama the way the left treated Bush...

To everything there is a season...

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because it didn't occur to me before to change it. Now are you going to tell me your preferred answer?
I will support any president that is legally qualified to be president and that earns the title by representing the people he/she was hired to do.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

And the rest of us just wish people would stop putting everyone into left/right categories. Not that I am saying you are, but many do, and I personally will stick to just plain American. And I think someone people agree.

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the rest of us just wish people would stop putting everyone into left/right categories. Not that I am saying you are, but many do, and I personally will stick to just plain American. And I think someone people agree.

The problem with "just plain American" is that they don't agree as to what "just plain American" actually means.

"Just plain American"'s just define it to be "more or less what I believe" and assume that all the other "just plain American"'s believe like they do.

But they don't.

It is just a way of avoiding facing facts, people have different beliefs and tend to fall into groups.

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The problem with "just plain American" is that they don't agree as to what "just plain American" actually means.

"Just plain American"'s just define it to be "more or less what I believe" and assume that all the other "just plain American"'s believe like they do.

But they don't.

It is just a way of avoiding facing facts, people have different beliefs and tend to fall into groups.
None of which has anything to do with with people trying to rather zealously declare that you are either for me(left/right) or against me.

Or making sweeping generalizations about those two groups and trying to pass it off as fact for that matter.

Upvote 0

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yup.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Based on their performance for the last 8 years, its widely accepted that the Republicans just don't deserve to be re-elected.

Despite his attempts to "divorce" himself from the past 8 years, only one presidential candidate has ever "embaced" GWB - literally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JoshuaW

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
✟11,457.00
Faith
Christian
I will support and uplift an Obama administration as vigorously and as eagerly as the left has supported the Bush administration. It's gonna be fun.

Bush enjoyed a 90% popularity rating through 2003. Democrats supported him until it was obvious they were being misled.

Razzel, I tried to edit the questions, it won't let me.

Upvote 0

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bush enjoyed a 90% popularity rating through 2003. Democrats supported him until it was obvious they were being misled.

Razzel, I tried to edit the questions, it won't let me.

That would be inaccurate. Bush's approval hit 90% in 10/01. Never went above it and certainly wasn't anywhere near 90% at the end of 2003, nor at the beginning.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob1.htm

That being said, I'll reiterate that I would be excited to support an Obama administration as much as the left has supported the Bush administration.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That would be inaccurate. Bush's approval hit 90% in 10/01. Never went above it and certainly wasn't anywhere near 90% at the end of 2003, nor at the beginning.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob1.htm

That being said, I'll reiterate that I would be excited to support an Obama administration as much as the left has supported the Bush administration.

Yeah.

That's my feelings too.

Here is an Obama 'not my president' shirt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
True, but when I placed the response "no black man in the White House", I really didn't think anyone would use it.
I was looking at your poll results, and some people voted for all of the choices which I think would be somewhat defeating the point and address the black issue. That is not to say that prejudice doesn't still happen, but if the vote for keep him out because he is black, isn't the same person who voted, I'm a dem and I'm a rep. and I will support him while I don't support him,etc. I don't think it should surprise anyone, only make us wonder what people really are thinking about the election, or if they even are thinking at all.

Upvote 0

JoshuaW

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
✟11,457.00
Faith
Christian
I was looking at your poll results, and some people voted for all of the choices which I think would be somewhat defeating the point and address the black issue. That is not to say that prejudice doesn't still happen, but if the vote for keep him out because he is black, isn't the same person who voted, I'm a dem and I'm a rep. and I will support him while I don't support him,etc. I don't think it should surprise anyone, only make us wonder what people really are thinking about the election, or if they even are thinking at all.

One of the 3 votes for "no black man in the White House" didn't vote for any other category

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
HNN Poll: 61% of Historians Rate the Bush Presidency Worst
By Robert S. McElvaine

- Pew Research Center poll released last week found that the share of the American public that approves of President George W. Bush has dropped to a new low of 28 percent.

- In an informal survey of 109 professional historians conducted over a three-week period through the History News Network, 98.2 percent assessed the presidency of Mr. Bush to be a failure while 1.8 percent classified it as a success.

- Asked to rank the presidency of George W. Bush in comparison to those of the other 41 American presidents, more than 61 percent of the historians concluded that the current presidency is the worst in the nation’s history. Another 35 percent of the historians surveyed rated the Bush presidency in the 31st to 41st category, while only four of the 109 respondents ranked the current presidency as even among the top two-thirds of American administrations.
http://hnn.us/articles/48916.html
Immediately after 9/11, the Bush Administration had the support of the nation and much of the world - and effectively squandered it.

From 2000 to 2006, Bush/Cheney had Republican majorities in both the House and the Senate - but the 109th Congress is widely considered one of the most ineffective in history and represents another lost opportunity.

Not only was the Bush Administration not interested in engaging bipartisan support with the Democrats or the international community, its neoconservative agenda also alienated many moderate Republicans, which eventually led to the loss of both the House and the Senate in 2006.

GWB will go down in history as one of the worst, if not the worst American president of all time.

I think I need a hug, George!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYs8eYAL_g&feature=related

Last edited:
Upvote 0