Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ach wrote:

If you are an evolutionist, you believe, essentially, that antelopes turned into whales. In spite of the fact that you have no real evidence for this, you base your philosophy off of a few similiarities (how about we talk about dissimilarities). That's all that evolution does - it claims common descent based off of philosophy and a few similiarities.

Are you even remotely familiar with the evidence? There is genetic evidence, anatomical evidence, tons of transitional fossils, and more. Most of all, to claim otherwise is to claim that God is a deceptive and incompetent designer. It's much more than similarities, as anyone even remotely familiar with the field knows. Do you understand the scent pseudogenes in whales, and the embryological limb and tooth development in whales, just a name a few, which aren't even fossils?

Darklite wrote:

Ah, I found your problem. You have no idea what you're talking about. Antelopes into whales? Really? Please read up on evolution before trying to attack it.

I agree that it looks like Ach needs to read up quite a bit on this (especially due to his "similarities" and "philosophy" comments).

However, I give him a pass for the "antelopes" line. After all, antelopes are arteriodactyls, as are the ancestors of whales. Though the mesonychid anscestors of whales didn't look like antelopes (I've never seen an antelope try to catch and eat another animal, for instance), they did look a little more like antelopes than they looked like modern whales. I also agree with creationists who say that evolution claims we evolved from apes. The australopithicenes were pretty similar to chimps in basic appearance, and had anscestors that were even more chimp like. I prefer they say "evolution claims we evolved from ancient apes", as it's a little more clear.

His main point with that line was that it is a large amount of change from a land animal to a whale. I agree with that point - it certainly is a lot of change - that's why it took millions of years.

Papias

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I agree that it looks like Ach needs to read up quite a bit on this (especially due to his "similarities" and "philosophy" comments).

However, I give him a pass for the "antelopes" line. After all, antelopes are arteriodactyls, as are the ancestors of whales. Though the mesonychid anscestors of whales didn't look like antelopes (I've never seen an antelope try to catch and eat another animal, for instance), they did look a little more like antelopes than they looked like modern whales. I also agree with creationists who say that evolution claims we evolved from apes. The australopithicenes were pretty similar to chimps in basic appearance, and had anscestors that were even more chimp like. I prefer they say "evolution claims we evolved from ancient apes", as it's a little more clear.

His main point with that line was that it is a large amount of change from a land animal to a whale. I agree with that point - it certainly is a lot of change - that's why it took millions of years.

There is an extreme difference between antelopes and whales having a common ancestor and antelopes turning into whales, especially when those ancestors look nothing like antelopes.

Upvote 0

WretchedMan

Ambassador for Jesus Christ
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas, USA
✟7,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been away, sorry if I haven't responded to some of your posts. It's been so long, that I am inclined to just take up these issues in other threads. If you had any particular points you wanted to get my response to, let me know. I don't really feel like trying to read all of this and reacquainting myself with where the discussion was last time I was here.

Upvote 0