WOULD YOU RATHER GET RAPTURED, OR SERVE THE LORD DURING THE TRIBULATION?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 Thess 5:9-11, reads very similar in all versions. ....we are not destined to retribution..... means that Jesus will protect us thru all that is coming. And that we might live in company with Him, will be the situation after Jesus Returns, in the Millennium.
No, that is not even close to all other translation versions. And I don't think you gave the complete verses of the REB. There are three verses. Type out the exact text of those three verses.

Provide a link where people can go read the REB for themselves. The REB is a thought-for-thought translation, i.e dynamic equivalent, and not a literal word for word translation.

Actually; the Revised English Bible, 1987 complete re-translation from hundreds of ancient texts, is the superior and most accurate Bible there is

Not even. It a thought-for-thought translation, not word-for-word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

WOULD YOU RATHER GET RAPTURED, OR SERVE THE LORD DURING THE TRIBULATION?​

That is like asking, "Do you want to be a Christian now or live in sin until the rapture?".

At the Second Coming no one will be given a choice if they want to stay on earth or leave for Paradise.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It isn't possible to have a normal discussion with people who are so fixated on teachings which are not Biblical.

There is no 'escape' by being raptured to heaven.
There is no 'leaving for paradise'.
The only way we can avoid the dramatic and testing events ahead, is to die first.

May I suggest that people read Isaiah 35:1-10?
That Chapter has the story of how the ransomed of the Lord will travel to and live in a regenerated Holy Land. It is our hope and our privilege to be alive at this critical time.
But verses 4b to 5 plainly say that only after the Lord has sent His vengeance and wrath and come to save us; only then will the eyes of the blinded be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. The Lords people, as Isaiah 42:18-20 makes clear.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I surely don't want to be around for the beast. Who said the Lord will be here for the tribulation? The beast will have his way during tribulation
Short and the blunt truth -.
What you want has nothing to do with what God has said He will do.
But if you read Revelation 12, you would see that those people who keep faithful to the Lord, will be taken to a place of safety on earth, for the 42 month period of world Satanic control. Revelation 13:5

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
. So, for me, being "ready" means that we stay clean in our lives, always feeling confident that we're doing our best to serve the Lord and others.
A great way of thinking! And I think one can have all the knowledge of end time events and still not be ready. Sometimes one has a passion of knowing all things about God but not KNOWING him in fellowship.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So the question really is - Would rather do God's will to escape the great tribulation via the rapture, or Satan's desire to have you available to persecute?

So do and follow what is God's plan, and don't start inventing your own strategy - I would say to anyone who is a Christian.
It is written >

"Simon, Simon! Satan has asked for you, that he may shift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."

This is in Luke 21:31-32.

Jesus was praying for Peter, even before Satan was allowed to attack Peter. So, Peter had Jesus praying for him according to Jesus Christ's own faith, so Peter could do well in spite of Satanic activity. And in Acts we can see how well Peter did because of Jesus's prayer for him.

And our Apostle Paul says Jesus "makes intercession for us." (in Romans 8:34)

So, we in Jesus have Jesus Himself praying for us according to His faith, including so we also do well in spite of any evil.

So it is wise, then, not to boast how Satan might be able to make trouble for us during the tribulation, but know how God is able.

God is almighty. His peace, then, is almighty to keep us from being troubled by Satanic stuff.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (in 2 Corinthians 12:7-15)

Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The whole pre-trib rapture, and seven year tribulation teaching - sadly has taken over American Christianity largely.

It basically was invented in 1830 by Darby, and sadly taken as the norm now. When I listened to a good talk on why it's not Biblical, and not even historic Christianity, it was pretty easy to see it's not right.

Basically I see no Biblical and historical reason to believe in the "Left Behind Series" type of pre-trib rapture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A great way of thinking! And I think one can have all the knowledge of end time events and still not be ready. Sometimes one has a passion of knowing all things about God but not KNOWING him in fellowship.
I think that's how I been

Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is one of the hallmarks of pretribulationism being an erroneous doctrine, that it is based on what YOU would rather have happen. Yes everyone would rather not die and be transformed into immortality instantly without persecution.

But that's not what the Word of God says. The Word of God says that there will be persecution, there will be martyrs, and THEN there will be the resurrection and rapture of those left.
I think a large part of the misunderstanding is people not knowing what "Great Tribulation" is.
They think the trumpets and bowls are "Great Tribulation" but Jesus didn't even hint at them in the olivet discourse as signs preceding His return, and the signs He gave as happening immediately after the tribulation are the 6th seal signs.
Great Tribulation is persecution, it's not the wrath of God.
The wrath of God is God's vengeance FOR the Great Tribulation. It's a response.
God allows evil people to persecute His people as chastisement, but then God avenges them. God allowed Babylon to destroy Jerusalem and take them captive for 70 years, then God had Babylon destroyed in punishment for what they did.

So serve God in tribulation and THEN get resurrected or raptured is what is actually in scripture.
I think.your right, people. Twist Scriptures to teach pre tribulation rapture, like the apostasy in 2 thes. Really means rapture,.that's gotta be the biggest twisting of Scriptures does5even make.sense

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The whole pre-trib rapture, and seven year tribulation teaching - sadly has taken over American Christianity largely.

It basically was invented in 1830 by Darby, and sadly taken as the norm now. When I listened to a good talk on why it's not Biblical, and not even historic Christianity, it was pretty easy to see it's not right.

Basically I see no Biblical and historical reason to believe in the "Left Behind Series" type of pre-trib rapture.
I think a lot has changed in regard to this over the last 25 years though. I've found with the internet and everyone on line teaching what they believe people have been exposed to a variety of different ways of thinking about all this. And many churches that hold to pre-trib it's not something I see they have much passion even talking about of defending much. Seems like many just have a general thought just be ready for the Lord's return whenever it is and that is good to think that way. One may not even make it to a rapture and could die some other way.....so all should at least be teaching everyone be ready to meet your maker.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think.your right, people. Twist Scriptures to teach pre tribulation rapture, like the apostasy in 2 thes. Really means rapture,.that's gotta be the biggest twisting of Scriptures does5even make.sense
yes, I loathe that particular one, where they cherrypick a version of the bible to make apostasy into "departure" and then claim it's the rapture when context says ... it's apostasy, and Paul teaches that in his other letters as well that people will depart from the faith.

like I think if people really got into the nuts and bolts of what tribulation actually is, when it happens, what the wrath of God really is, when it happens etc, I think there'd be a lot more common ground found but as long as people have improper definitions of those things, it becomes division.

Largely people have been taught "the tribulation is 7 years of God pouring out His wrath on unbelievers" and then you have the 2 sides, the pretrib which focus on the verses that we're not appointed to wrath, and the post trib which stress the verses saying "immediately after the tribulation of those days"

virtually everyone agrees that the 2nd coming is after the tribulation
and virtually everyone agrees that we're not appointed to wrath

so defining those 2 things properly, I think is important.

Because I think you'd agree, that we are subject to persecution, even really bad persecution, even martyrdom.
which is, by the definition of what Jesus was talking about, what the great tribulation is. God's not expecting you to handle His wrath, but He would expect you to keep your faith in persecution right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums