Would marry someone outside your race?

Would you marry someone outside your race?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
(Ok...just found out that this forum is only for 18+...but teens are just too inactive lol)

Personally, of course I would! There have always been arguments against race mixing, involving cultural differences. However if my wife's culture was not so different from mine, and if she adhered to my Catholic faith, then there would be no problem. If their values were completely different from mine, we'd be incompatible and I wouldn't even consider dating them.

However I believe the actual skin colour does not matter at all. Personality, individuality and faith are for more important than ethnicity and nationality. ^_^

Last edited:

Zach91

Dec 31, 2011
New Bordeaux
✟16,279.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Not only yes, but there absolutely NO way that you can convince me that a person can answer "no" to that without being a racist. Culture is an invalid argument, because the question is race, not culture

That's completely unreasonable. I personally am physically attracted to many different races, but some people aren't. Just because someone is not sexually attracted to other races does not make them a racist, or think other races are inferior.

I personally would not marry an obese woman, but that does not mean that I think obese people are inferior or less than me, I just am not attracted by that body type. Race is no different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marinasdiamond

faith, hope, and love
Apr 20, 2013
✟7,691.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I chose "yes" on the poll because, like any other man, if I loved him and fit into his life well then I would. Saying that, I think it's a bit more difficult to be with someone of a different race (very generally speaking) because of the cultural differences... & I speak through experience. My first boyfriend was Italian and he had lots of different traditions & beliefs than I did. Some were ones that I personally liked (like valuing family) and some were ones that didn't work well with my personality and the way I was raised (particularly that he wanted to work for me while I stayed at home, when I wanted to go to college and travel and work).
But I think if you're attracted to someone, get along with them, and like them, it really doesn't matter what race they are. I'd give anyone a chance if they fit those three criteria :p
What is race, anyway? It's a word created by people to describe different skin color. The concept of race was always confusing to me.

Upvote 0

vanillakay

Ill see you all around
Nov 28, 2010
arkansas
✟15,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It would depend I suppose. But i had to vote no because i am not attracted to certain ecthnicity of people. It's my personal belief that race should stick with there own. Many will say im sure, that ti does'nt matter because the heart wants what it wants and you cant deny how you feel about a certain color person. I'm sorry but...the gay community trys to sue the same logic with liking teh same gender. Does it make it right?..Of course not and it's the same thing here. Mybe one day I will change my mind, but for now, no.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
*I'm white and I'm married to a white girl*

If I was single, it would depend. I'm not physcially attracted to 99% of black or Asian women. If I was lucky enough to land one of the very few black or Asian women I'd consider a bombshell and we had chemistry, sure; but I'm talking the Beyonce type that I'd never land anyways, LOL.

I am physcially attracted to hispanic, latino, and some indian women the way I am white women, so absolutely yes in that regard.

That doesn't make me or anyone else racist. Not everyone is physically attracted to every race, and I'm not about to be with someone I have zero attraction to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Kurama,

Are you in Beijing? I'm currently in China too! I'm, going back to USA next week though. :)

I would date outside my own race. It's healthy, even. I've heard that it makes the human genome more difficult for pathogens to make you sick?

Luna
I have not heard that before about pathogens, but it makes sense

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Ok...just found out that this forum is only for 18+...but teens are just too inactive lol)

Personally, of course I would! There have always been arguments against race mixing, involving cultural differences. However if my wife's culture was not so different from mine, and if she adhered to my Catholic faith, then there would be no problem. If their values were completely different from mine, we'd be incompatible and I wouldn't even consider dating them.

However I believe the actual skin colour does not matter at all. Personality, individuality and faith are for more important than ethnicity and nationality.

Culture? What is culture?

Twenty-five years ago, when I was in Japan I met a "Japanese" fellow on the street who was leaving a church. I put "Japanese" in quotes for a reason--because he had been born in Japan of Japanese parents and had lived in Japan his entire life. Most people would say he was "Japanese."

But we met and talked, and when he found I was a serious Christian (not just because I had been born in a "Christian" nation), he invited me to his home.

We spent the entire evening talking about the deep subjects of life: Love and hate, good and evil, honor, righteousness. We found ourselves seeing eye-to-eye on everything. And it was all in Christ. We prayed together, sang a bit (both pretty horribly). He taught me the significance of the simple "Haleluia-Amen" praise chorus.

I thought that was pretty cool--two men from opposite sides of the planet being totally in one accord like that.

But it wasn't until about a year later, when I was in Washington DC, that I had the real epiphany. I was talking to another man--someone who externally was very much like me. But when we got to those "deep subjects," we did not agree at all. Despite all the worldly similarities, he was far, far, far from me.

I contemplated that, compared to my experience in Japan. If I was in agreement with the man in Japan on the meaning of right and wrong, love and hate, honor, morality, justice--and in total disagreement with the man who was born on the same chunk of dirt as I was...which man was really of my culture.

Is culture nothing but language and food and styles of music and clothes? What is the importance of those things? Isn't culture really those "deep subjects?" If my citizenship is in Heaven, then which man was really my fellow countryman, and which man really shared the culture of my true nation?

I have discovered that any woman filled with and guided by the Holy Spirit can be a satisfying mate to any man filled with and guided by the Holy Spirit, and vice versa.

I have also learned that human beings control who they are attracted to and who they love. People make their own decisions to exclude whole groups: Too fat, hair too short, feet too big, skin too blotchy, nose too long. That's absolutely nothing but the flesh speaking, and such people are letting their flesh control them, not the Holy Spirit. Such incredible silliness--as though such things will even last a lifetime, much less for eternity.

Upvote 0

Natalie+

Dec 29, 2010
Texas
✟7,654.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes of course I would! If I met them and talked with them, and we got along and were interested in each other, skin tone or eye shape isn't going to stop me. I tend to find other ethnicites from my own (I'm white) more attractive anyway. The only thing I've ever considered might hinder a mixed-race relationship is culture.

But actually, I think RDKirk's answer was really interesting about that. I've often been told I have an odd personality and strange interests, some people even saying I'm "un-American" even though I was born and raised here as are all my relatives. Maybe I'm more attracted to those other races cause I feel more in synch with how they think?

Upvote 0