✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
oh where to begin?
i usually don't finish books i don't enjot unless i have to. so that only leaves books for school. people will probably get mad at me, but i hated
Huck Finn
The Great Gatsby
The Old Man and the Sea

there's more, but i can't remember them. probably deleted them from my mind

Upvote 0

Sors

Still Love This Movie
Sep 30, 2004
Texas
✟22,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard.

Started off great...with relatively few references to scienentology. It drew you into the story and then...at page 800 the story went all to hell, and the humans bought back the earth through intergalatic banking. What a climatic letdown.

A 1200 page waste of my time. What makes this book so bad, is the promising story at the beginning, and the fact that by page 800, you feel like you have read so much that you pretty much have to finish.

Upvote 0

glo

Jan 5, 2004
✟9,345.00
Faith
Protestant
Nienor said:
oh where to begin?
i usually don't finish books i don't enjot unless i have to. so that only leaves books for school. people will probably get mad at me, but i hated
Huck Finn
The Great Gatsby
The Old Man and the Sea

there's more, but i can't remember them. probably deleted them from my mind

aren't those supposed to be the BEST books ever written? :confused:

Upvote 0

Jinn_Ku

Irregular Member
Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
✟8,136.00
Faith
Christian
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. What a long, drawn out waste of time. Dropping subtle hints of the house being haunted was fine, but one would expect some kind of definite proof of it by the end of the story. That didn't happen. This is probably the only time I would recommend the movie over the book.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blue_eyes1313

Feb 23, 2002
WA
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Christian
I hated Little Women. I always wanted Jo to end up with Laurie. I know, I know: it's girlish and dumb, but I never could forgive Louisa for putting Jo with the old man. And AMY with LAURIE! So ridiculous. Ugh. I wish I could rewrite the dang book.

I also didn't like the Left Behind series. (Minus the first one.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mad Cow Bomber

Nov 22, 2004
Glennallen, Alaska
✟7,690.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Old Man and the Sea
A Separate Peace
The Left Behind Series (it was like watching one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's stupider movies, except it stopped every ten minutes for a sermon)

But here's one other really awful one:
Everything by Terry Goodkind: the man is a pompous @$$ - uses his books as a bully pulpit for his own stupid ideas - he hates Catholics, organized religion, and that's just for starters. He goes off on some idea for several pages, then sums it up later perfectly well in a paragraph. Never touch anything he writes, except possibly for Wizard's First Rule and Faith of the Fallen - they were okay.

Upvote 0

savvy

I always finish what I....
Jul 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
✟1,560.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mad Cow, I agree with everything you just wrote!
Except I couldn't even stomach Wizard's First Rule...it was jus bad! I can't imagine how much lower those books could go...I don't want to find out.
Anything by Hemingway is terrible.
My most hated author of all time, however, is John Steinbeck. Gag!

Upvote 0

ChrisLockhart

Oct 18, 2004
NC USA
Visit site
✟16,086.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Some possible books for consideration :

Timothy Leary's Book of the Dead Where Leary divides the Tibetan Book of the Dead and throws in a bit of the Egyptian Book of the Dead into stages of the LSD acid trip. I am not kidding.

William S. Burrough's The Soft Machine The first in a book in a trilogy. This first book is nothing more than this man's adult-rated dreams and nightmares thrown together in a mesh of collage madness. The other two books Nova Express and The Ticket That Exploded are much better, as he actually starts to make some sense worth reading.

Upvote 0