Wondering why?

C

Changed

No need to defend your undying love for your hubby. You are right,there are some non christian hubbies that treat their wives better than christian ones do. The problem is for me-is when I get closer w/ the Lord I seem to get further away from hubby b/c I can't really discuss what I feel(unless i want him to fall asleep lol)

My dh used to come to church w/ me in the beginning but doesn't anymore:(
All I can do is pray,then pray some more that he will surrender to God's will!
Your marriage sounds carbon copy to ours in the beginning,but in the last yr or so we've been through some things that have put a strain on our marriage.

Upvote 0
C

Changed

Our marriage may sound like a carbon-copy of yours, but make no mistake, no one's relationship is the same as anyone else's. We aren't you, and the worst thing I could do is *assume* something will go wrong. When you assume there will be problems down the road, you usually subconsciously create them for yourself.. its a self-fulfilling worry.

Meaning our relationships sound similar,I know no marriage is EXACTLY alike lol!I also wasn't implying that your marriage would go south. Hubby and I are wayy past the honeymoon stage(married 10yrs) and it's only been recently that we are facing hurdles! I'd say that is pretty darn good for ANY marriage to go this long w/out any MAJOR conflict/dilema. I don't know why someone would condemn you for marrying him,your already married lol! I would never advise someone to marry an unbeliever b/c I would be going against God's word-but once they are married,why should an outsider harp on it!?? :)

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Green Orchid,
I'm sorry but that is the wrong question to be asking in this place!
Can't you see how it might seem condemning?

This is not an academic "what if" theory for some here - it's a fact of life.
You say you don't want to judge, but it could well look that way.
After all - why do you need to know?

Sorry if that seems hard, but we're all here to encourage each other!

Changed,
you have my sympathy.
I have a number of friends whose husbands either were or appeared to be Christian and then stopped attending church etc. so I know that's at least as hard as my own U/Y position.

Blue Impulse,
glad you're relaxed and happy about your husband, and that he's open to hear about Jesus. Keep praying and just love him! Best wishes with the coming baby too!

God bless all of you, Susana

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Green Orchid said:

Oh dear! I'm sorry my comments have hurt you Green Orchid.
Please forgive me for my harshness. :sorry:

I reacted defensively on behalf of friends (here and RL) in this position, because life can be very tough for some of them.
Your question seemed to me like idle curiosity rather than out of need.
I apologise if I misunderstood your motives.
:sigh:

God bless you, Susana

Upvote 0

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was not a believer before I married. I had believed when I was around 12 years old for a few years and then I drifted into paganism. Over the years I'd felt myself being called back to Christ but had ignored this....until a few months before our wedding when I started reading the Bible and I suppose almost re-learning what Christians believed. My renewed interest continued into the early weeks of our marriage and I was saved almost a month after getting married.

Even though I have a non-Christian husband and sometimes I do find myself wishing I could discuss certain things with him I wouldn't change anything. He is the most loving, caring person I have ever met and whilst he doesn't believe (though I think he does lean towards believing at times) he is very respectful towards Christianity. His mother and a lot of people in his family believe, he was brought up going to church and Sunday school and so he's understanding of it even though he doesn't believe it.

Upvote 0