May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let me guess, you don't have any kids, do you?

You would be wrong AGAIN.
4 sons
18 nieces and nephews
32 great nieces and nephews (2 more on the way)
My own brother who lives next door already has 26 grand kids so far.

419249_3319451191486_1368362374_n.jpg

That is 23 of them. I posted the picture off my brother's facebook page. He is a state level President for Right to Life.

Most of the family lives in town. We had to rent out the local community center for my mom's 80th birthday. To think I'm not around kids is just plain ridiculous. Eight of the kids pictured live next door. With that many kids, discipline is a must.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey Friend :wave:
What you say here makes perfect sense to me - and English isn't even my 1st language. :)

So, basically, you parented the way Jesus would have approved of. You showed, love, kindness, gentleness, compassion and understanding in the interactions you've had with the children. That's the right way
other parents can be temperamental, angry and abusive - crushing young spirits.
Yes, Thank you Andre,
for once again understanding it in the right spirit, you consistently :thumbsup: do so well.

It feels GOOD :hug: being & interacting... in these ^ qualities, as this is the foundation from which God us each also created.
iow, each of these qualities are not only essential, they are in fact the Natural way

Actually, (of many classes I've taught) was also Parenting: how to succeed classes.
Because alarmingly :eek: too many parents utterly crush tiny children, even before they learn speech.
For truth, a child's most Critical-development occurs from Conception to when they begin talking.
During these 2yrs., substantial Beliefs re how the body works & their Emotional-being are formed.
So it is vital parents get a foundational understanding, how to successfully Interact...with, & influence...TINY children.

Related, increasingly are parents with a child who was (falsely) labeled as ADD, ADHD, autistic, or more foolishness.

Great! what an opportunity to demonstrate right in class how easy connecting soul-to-soul is. Parents are astounded;
because they were falsely-led to believe these are unreachables ((like in 'Alzheimer's on the other end)) so
all sorts of Overt-behavioral nonsense ensues), because no one thinks to Interact soul-to-soul serving as a mission-critical Choice.
Once parents have own issues healed, at the soul-level really IS the Natural way to function, & teach & guide & influence.
Like,
when you read in the Bible "God sees the heart" (in our innermost REAL-being), this is what He is talking about.
It is in our soul plus our Inner-mind where all behavior starts, before it is outwardly manifested.

The Spiritual way is how God desires we interact with one another for our mutual Uplift, & encouraging benefit...
so we can ALL Honor, Praise, & Glory God :amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You would be wrong AGAIN.
4 sons
18 nieces and nephews
32 great nieces and nephews (2 more on the way)
My own brother who lives next door already has 26 grand kids so far.
This definately receives my vote for the best reply to a post ever!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I have fun with the Characters :), colors, underlines & bolds. Since they're available, might as well use them :thumbsup:
That some laugh at me gets ignored, in favor of friends who know me for being good-natured :clap: Fun-loving, iow
they are not challenged getting it. :thumbsup:

Maybe when Andre comes back on, he can explain it to you.
Other than that, what specific part did you not understand?

as far as:
"What was Granda doing in the front passenger seat all this time?
Why didn't Grandma reach over and pick up the two year old?
"

(Adopted) grandma was chunky, plus with her lap full of her purse-contents... she used to keep kiddo occupied: coins, make-up, pictures, etc. Plus there was a big bag of stuff, put between my seat, and hers - intending that it be another obstacle, so kiddo wouldn't bother, thinking what's on the Driver's side? - Kiddo made it over there just fine, but Grandma was also diabetic, so she freaked out, and never managed to pull her back. -

This little voice
:angel: told me to look out the window, after which I (in my underwear) jumped down the stairs, & flew down the street to save :thumbsup: the day.

So you want us to believe a TWO YEAR OLD. Went from the back seat of the car, climbed over the big bags, got into the drivers seat next to adopted grandmama, put the car in gear and started driving down the street. But because grandma had stuff on her lap, she did nothing.

Ok yeah

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you want us to believe
a TWO YEAR OLD. Went from the back seat of the car, climbed over the big bags, got into the drivers seat next to adopted grandmama, put the car in gear and started driving down the street. But because grandma had stuff on her lap, she did nothing.

Ok yeah
Sir,
you don't have every fact here. And for calling me a liar, I forgive you.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sir,
you don't have every fact here. And for calling me a liar, I forgive you.

where did I call you a liar?

I'm pointing out something I see as strange and asking you about it.

I forgive you also ;)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a condescending and sarcastic manner.

peace,
Simon

If that were against the rules, 99.9% of the posts in the debate area would be removed.

In other words, once you have the beam pulled out of your own eye, then please, oh please help me get this speck out of mine.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If that were against the rules, 99.9% of the posts in the debate area would be removed.

In other words, once you have the beam pulled out of your own eye, then please, oh please help me get this speck out of mine.

I'm just pointing put something I see as strange... :D

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So what if you do something? What if you take the car away, ground your teenager, and they sneak out of the house, take their friend's car and kill a family of four while driving drunk?
:cool:
Well at least in that case, there was some consequence that was an attempt at correction. If anyone still chooses to disobey even with the consequences from correction, that is their option. You are right, you can't control them, just teach them what is unacceptable behavior by dictating a consequence just as Yah does.

You were the one that compared your home situation as the proper way a loving parent should operate as if Yah would operate in that same manner. Sorry, I don't see that as being a loving parent and I don't see Yah operating in a similar manner. His correction is stern.

If you live in sin that harms others, don't expect a long life. You would be better off tying a millstone around your neck and jumping in the sea.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You were the one that compared your home situation as the proper way a loving parent should operate as if Yah would operate in that same manner. Sorry, I don't see that as being a loving parent and I don't see Yah operating in a similar manner. His correction is stern.

Well, I know you don't see it that way, but I sure do, and I've already begun to see the results in our own children.

I know my Father's voice, and what you say sounds nothing at all like Him.

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well, I know you don't see it that way, but I sure do, and I've already begun to see the results in our own children.

I know my Father's voice, and what you say sounds nothing at all like Him.

I think the simplest way to put it is that the Father is the ultimate master at showing the fruits of the Spirit, such as love, kindness, patience and so on. He won't shout at His children if there is no need. I mean, if my little daughter bangs on the kitchen door, I'd rather tickle her belly button till she giggles than to shout at her.

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
....and his correction is stern...:). I'm sorry but I can't help but imagine a dour faced old man walking the isles of a Puritan church and whacking little kids in the back of the head with a long stick when he caught them whispering.

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
....and his correction is stern...:). I'm sorry but I can't help but imagine a dour faced old man walking the isles of a Puritan church and whacking little kids in the back of the head with a long stick when he caught them whispering.

Lol, this is many peoples picture of God. That is not my God though.

Peace...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. - and verily Jesus is our Examplar to follow... :thumbsup:

and what did you Andre think of this post #402 ;)

What you say makes good sense. Parents need to know that they are supposed to parent with love, and to give children the benefit of the doubt. If my little girl had to come to me one day, saying something like "Daddy, daddy! Jesus spoke to me!" - I'd reply with "That's wonderful my sweetheart. What did He say?" Parents need to apply wisdom - otherwise they destroy their children.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What you say makes good sense.

Parents need to know that they are supposed to parent with love, and to give children the benefit of the doubt.
If my little girl had to come to me one day, saying something like "Daddy, daddy! Jesus spoke to me!" - I'd reply with "That's wonderful my sweetheart. What did He say?" Parents need to apply wisdom - otherwise they destroy their children.
All true.

Yet, you didn't respond to the special context of that post.
You went elsewhere. ;) But it's all good. :wave:

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol, this is many peoples picture of God. That is not my God though.

Peace...

Mine either. ;)

My God stood there while they beat Him, mocked Him, laughed at Him, unjustly accused Him, shouted curses at Him and crucified Him. And in the midst of all of that, He didn't say, "Father, give them what's coming to them", or, "Father, punish them for these heinous acts", or, "Father, pay them the retribution that is due them." No, He said;
"Father, forgive them."
That's my God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.