Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Also, many people dont take steps to look after their health while they have it, and just expect God to miraculously heal everything when a lot of the time their own sinful habits like smoking etc put them there.

have you actually known anyone to do that?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im know many who came out of WOF, personally, used to be in a prayer group where some of the leaders believed that sort of stuff, so am familiar with it as i want to be.

Which i dont want to be anymore, since it shipwrecks a lot of peoples faith. I had a lady whos husband died of cancer in the group...she was nearly blaming God and losing faith, as was her husband...it was all kept very hush because they didnt want to say a negative thing. Some people hold on for their earthly lives far too long rather than be with the Lord when hes calling them home and wanting them to repent and forgive each other before they go.
What shipwrecks folks faith is foolishly following any man's traditions, regardless.
Believing that God meant what He said in Scripture and standing on it, (WOF) is not a bad thing.
I've struggled with the "holding onto earthly lives..." question and have concluded that God has me
here for several reasons.
If folks believe that God's trying to kill them and get them off the earth, then they're fools for trying
to fight God and get well.
I personally believe that I have an enemy of the faith and that it's he who comes not but to kill... etc.
Therefore, I stand, fight and resist.
Unless it's that ONE appointed time to die and be present with the Lord, we should have victory,
and there's nothing wrong with expecting it and saying it and believing it. by faith.
IMO
:)

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its is one thing to believe the Lord, quite another to take an isolated scripture from the bible and to make an entire doctrine out of it.

Our God is a loving God and wants what is best for us. The enemy, cannot destroy our soul, though our bodies fail.
To me what wofers believe sounds creepily similar to the christian science cult.

As said before some take it to extremes.
There are things we can learn and it is a good thing to speak and tell ourselves Gods word in scripture but I find many wofers just take the cut and paste approach to the bible. Scripture cannot be broken, added to or taken away. Im concerned people taking such a cavalier approach to Gods Word and not rightly dividing the word of truth.

Upvote 0