Visit site
✟9,362.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Does anyone here listen to Within Temptation? They've become my new favorite group. :) The lead singer has such a beautiful voice.

If you've never heard of them, go to my profile and listen to the playlist that I have embedded in the HTML section at the bottom. My favorite songs by them are there.

My favorite song by them is Our Solemn Hour. I also love Angels. :o

nightwish816

Jun 22, 2007
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone here listen to Within Temptation? They've become my new favorite group. :) The lead singer has such a beautiful voice.

If you've never heard of them, go to my profile and listen to the playlist that I have embedded in the HTML section at the bottom. My favorite songs by them are there.

My favorite song by them is Our Solemn Hour. I also love Angels. :o
Hello, new to CF. Wanted to let you know I love Within Temptation too.This is nightwish816.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't like how people compare WT to evanescence, they are worlds apart, not to mention, from different continents.
Heck, they're not even in the same genre, either.

On a somewhat different topic, I honestly cannot believe how many reviews on iTunes bash the Blood & Chocolate soundtrack simply because "Stand My Ground" isn't on it, despite being used in the movie's trailer (seriously, how many times does it take for people to realize that songs featured in movie trailers rarely make it onto said film's soundtrack, unless it's a theme or something - I think I figured that out back in the late 90s, two or three years after I actually started paying attention to music in general).

Upvote 0

BeautifullyImperfect

Aka FaithlessSorrow & ChildOfGod15.
May 17, 2007
Visit site
✟9,362.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Qyöt27;35966577 said:
Heck, they're not even in the same genre, either.

On a somewhat different topic, I honestly cannot believe how many reviews on iTunes bash the Blood & Chocolate soundtrack simply because "Stand My Ground" isn't on it, despite being used in the movie's trailer (seriously, how many times does it take for people to realize that songs featured in movie trailers rarely make it onto said film's soundtrack, unless it's a theme or something - I think I figured that out back in the late 90s, two or three years after I actually started paying attention to music in general).
I never did expect an Avril Lavigne song to be used in a movie trailer for one of my favorite books ever : Eragon. :| ... I was quite scared when I saw that....I think I might've actually twitched a little.

Upvote 0

nightwish816

Jun 22, 2007
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The best band ever(to me).Saw them in live concert in Louisville Ky. Got to meet and talk with them.Also pictures. I only found out about them 1 1/2 yrs ago. we have both WT and Evanescence behind the scene and back stage dvd's and there is no comparison between them. WT rules.

Upvote 0

nightwish816

Jun 22, 2007
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They were the first band I was really into (2001, when Ice Queen hit the charts). However, I feel they've grown more and more bland over the past few years. Enter was their greatest album. It really helped me develop an appreciation for harsh vocals.
Skios, you are so right Enter is great. I have the Silent Force dvd and they sing several songs from Enter as well as Mother Earth. Candles, Restless. They do a great performance of Jane Doe. I'm also a hugh fan of Nightwish with Tarja. I do believe I'm going to miss her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't know when this was posted, so please forgive me, if this was a while ago, I'm new here on CF, but I just want to say I like some of their songs like Bleed Out, Endless War, and Raise Your Banner, however, I'm now more conscious of lyrics when I choose to listen to secular music. I don't want to listen to anything that has cussing, violence, premarital sex, homosexuality, drinking, drugs, marijuana, blasphemy against God, or any other sin in them, so I always look at the lyrics before listening. I'm facing a dilemma right now with Raise Your Banner, I really love that song (the beat and the singing), but what offends me is at the end of the song when they say, "when Gods are failing they turn all Heaven in a rage" or something like that because 1, there is only one God and 2, God never fails. Also another thing I thought of, it said about how they need to fight on their own and that's not true, we have God, so we don't need to fight on our own for our rights and with God we're never on our own. I don't know, if I should listen to that song or not. I don't know whether to just listen to it anyway, not listen to it at all, or listen to most of it, but turn it off when it gets to that last part. I think the rest of the song is okay, but that last part is offensive to me.

Upvote 0