Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

But if I walk in the flesh then I would have been rightly offended and fully wrong for having walked in the flesh and the offense would have been justified not condemned in God's eyes. John, as a sister in The Lord I would point you toward repentance before God without regret (that means you turn from it with your whole heart) and others who are more mature could begin lifting you up in honor for your Faith. Until then,....we wait upon The Lord for you to grow up in the man God knows you to be. And it isn't the man you perceive to be living out right now.

Oh good grief. Those of us who actually know John can testify to the fact that he's been demonstrating the fruits of the spirit in this forum for a loooong time now. We've all been learning from his example since he first started posting here.

You, newbie, are starting to get on my nerves. Who are you? We don't know you and you don't know us - you are in no position to sit in the judgment seat here.

You'd do yourself a favor if you observed John's humility and wisdom and took notes rather than continually attacking him. Quit tearing down my brother!!!!

Open your eyes. Get the log out first, then maybe you'll be able to see to get the speck out of John's (if, indeed, there is a speck there).

Seriously! Sorry about the rant. I'm not as patient as John is and it really angers me to see people attacking someone so kind and gentle!

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
images

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John you should not have apologized. Many people take an apology as if you are admitting to be wrong about what you believe.

To be clear, I do not believe I am wrong,

But, I do not want to offend anyone. I’m sorry for offending, not for what I believe

John O.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John, as a sister in The Lord I would point you toward repentance before God without regret (that means you turn from it with your whole heart) and others who are more mature could begin lifting you up in honor for your Faith. Until then,....we wait upon The Lord for you to grow up in the man God knows you to be. And it isn't the man you perceive to be living out right now.

"Jesus is Real"...I am sure you mean well, (and I mean this with all the love of the Lord) but you have no idea what your talking about.

I am sorry if this offends you, for that is certainly not my intent. If you feel it is your calling and heart's desire to disciple others, then the way to do that is to build relationship with them (and that takes time) and then in meekness and gentleness offer encouraging, gentle and Godly advice. (after you have built a relationship with them)

To compliment a few posters and then turn around and try and correct them comes across as arrogant, dishonest and manipulative.

If you knew what I and many of the other posters here already know about John then you would be quite embarassed for this remark you made in regards to him.

Having said this, please do not be discouraged dear sister...we all make mistakes and John will be the first one to point you to the grace that carries us through our mistakes, our failures and our victories.

With much love,

Your brother in Christ

- Twiggy

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I simply don't see all these "fights" you are refering to. I still see plenty of disagreements here but that's what a healthy forum should be about. Of course I do know about the one fight that made you post this thread but that is only one and is really none of my business to get involved in.

Grace is a wonderful subject to discuss and when there are disagreements about it I believe posting verses that help you explain your belief on the subject is the best way to go. I like to use verses along with my explanations while I interpret what I believe the verses are saying in context. I don't fight over people posting verses, however when people do I would rather have them explain the verse and why they believe it helps them explain their position or belief. And of course there will be disagreements.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I simply don't see all these "fights" you are refering to. I still see plenty of disagreements here but that's what a healthy forum should be about. Of course I do know about the one fight that made you post this thread but that is only one and is really none of my business to get involved in.

I'm super confused about this now. I was certain JIR made this thread because of the rif between pinetree and Eljah2, not John and herself. I don't even recall John being in the thread where we were discussing Grace and useing verses, and that is what this thread was about. :scratch:

I see here people coming to John's defense but JIR's OP had nothing to do with him. In fact, I thought John editted his post because he realized this only after he made it...I think...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm super confused about this now. I was certain JIR made this thread because of the rif between pinetree and Eljah2, not John and herself. I don't even recall John being in the thread where we were discussing Grace and useing verses, and that is what this thread was about. :scratch:
Hey I like your sig BTW

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:amen::thumbsup::hug::clap::amen::thumbsup::p;):):cool::angel::bow::pray::prayer::groupray::crosseo::crossrc::holy::preach::liturgy::priest:^_^^_^

I see here people coming to John's defense but JIR's OP had nothing to do with him. In fact, I thought John editted his post because he realized this only after he made it...I think...
lol,the whole darn thread is cooky,twilight zone baby!....:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:):cool::thumbsup:^_^:preach::liturgy::crosseo::priest::hug::clap::wave::doh::confused::o:idea::blush::sorry::bow::pray::holy::groupray::preach::liturgy:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

WELL SAID.

Why all the fights when other show other verses in God's Word which couples with Grace even when it comes to things like discipline, corrections, warnings, etc. When these verses are all one with the "grace" verses.

It is for The Grace of God we endure chastening when it's coupled with God's Disciplines. ~for instance~

Nep, thanks for drying some of my tears. Even after telling John I was not offended in him, he doesn't listen. John the post is still there, I wasn't even thinking about you when I wrote this thread. I don't even see you caught up into all of the 'grace' wars that is happening here. God bless.

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Jesus is Real"...I am sure you mean well, (and I mean this with all the love of the Lord) but you have no idea what your talking about.

I am sorry if this offends you, for that is certainly not my intent. If you feel it is your calling and heart's desire to disciple others, then the way to do that is to build relationship with them (and that takes time) and then in meekness and gentleness offer encouraging, gentle and Godly advice. (after you have built a relationship with them)

To compliment a few posters and then turn around and try and correct them comes across as arrogant, dishonest and manipulative.

If you knew what I and many of the other posters here already know about John then you would be quite embarassed for this remark you made in regards to him.

Having said this, please do not be discouraged dear sister...we all make mistakes and John will be the first one to point you to the grace that carries us through our mistakes, our failures and our victories.

With much love,

Your brother in Christ

- Twiggy

(after you have built a relationship with them)

T1, :hug:

You have a good and kind heart, but that is an Emergent doctrine, it's not the Gospel of Christ. Maybe Jesus needed to take this advise when he was with the Pharisees He sure might have been able to more so win friends and influence people better. They might have then liked him so much that they didn't want to kill him. He would have then been the world Global leader. Please, reconsider what you are communicating it's of the Purpose Driven/Emergent false doctrine. You are loved, but that doctrine practices heresy on The Word of God. And your not being lied to.

Watching "The Way of The Master" on iLIFE TV, with Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron is a real blessing. :wave:

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
WELL SAID.

Why all the fights when other show other verses in God's Word which couples with Grace even when it comes to things like discipline, corrections, warnings, etc. When these verses are all one with the "grace" verses.

It is for The Grace of God we endure chastening when it's coupled with God's Disciplines. ~for instance~

Nep, thanks for drying some of my tears. Even after telling John I was not offended in him, he doesn't listen. John the post is still there, I wasn't even thinking about you when I wrote this thread. I don't even see you caught up into all of the 'grace' wars that is happening here. God bless.

I thought so, I was hoping I could help clear this misunderstanding up.

Although, you and I still have a difference of opinion. I don't see these disagreements on grace as "wars" but simply people strongly disagreeing with each other. I have posted in several of these threads and I see no heated battles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
WELL SAID.

ya know what I noticed here sis..

you have a kind heart too..:)

But on alot of the threads,you are asking if so and so,hears the other person..

But in your effort..you are kind of taking sides...:D

Do you hear the other side too?;):)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jeolmstead

Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please EVERYONE,

I am fine, I am not mad, or hurt, or put out

I don’t feel attacked, and frankly God can defend me if I am. Once in this thread I started to defend myself. I felt convicted. The words I wrote were hollow.

They sounded to me like tingling brass, so I edited my post and simply said I’m sorry.

There is no more to any of this than that.

I too fail to see this great grace schism, nor do I identify with “Emergent Church” Theology. (At least what I know of it) Some of it is good, some is off the wall and as far as I know, no one in the movement has agreed as to what they believe. I guess that is part of being “Emergent”

Anyway,

What I have written about grace is what I believe. If I didn’t believe I would not have posted it. This is not my first rodeo. I have actually read and studied scripture. But, I’m not above making mistakes

I do wish I had not started my thread the way I did but I wanted to challenge people. My motive is that they may escape the bondage I myself was in.

If you don’t get what I wrote forget it. It’s ok, I’m not offended, If you think I’m a heretic, it’s ok, I’m not offended.

This week on CF I’ve been called a heretic, Gluttonous, Fat, and was told Jesus would reject me in the judgment and send me to hell.

(I must be doing something right!) ;)

John O.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

Please EVERYONE,

I am fine, I am not mad, or hurt, or put out

I don’t feel attacked, and frankly God can defend me if I am. Once in this thread I started to defend myself. I felt convicted. The words I wrote were hollow.

They sounded to me like tingling brass, so I edited my post and simply said I’m sorry.

There is no more to any of this than that.

I too fail to see this great grace schism, nor do I identify with “Emergent Church” Theology. (At least what I know of it) Some of it is good, some is off the wall and as far as I know, no one in the movement has agreed as to what they believe. I guess that is part of being “Emergent”

Anyway,

What I have written about grace is what I believe. If I didn’t believe I would not have posted it. This is not my first rodeo. I have actually read and studied scripture. But, I’m not above making mistakes

I do wish I had not started my thread the way I did but I wanted to challenge people. My motive is that they may escape the bondage I myself was in.

If you don’t get what I wrote forget it. It’s ok, I’m not offended, If you think I’m a heretic, it’s ok, I’m not offended.

This week on CF I’ve been called a heretic, Gluttonous, Fat, and was told Jesus would reject me in the judgment and send me to hell.

(I must be doing something right!) ;)

John O.

Please don't wish you didn't start the thread...it was very edifying and something that I needed to hear.

And you must be doing something right to be accused of so many things dear John...goodness I have no idea how you can live with yourself :p

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is meant by the "emergent church" by the way, anyone please answer? I don't think we have any "Emergent church" here in northern WI.

You can google it....

You also have "Emerging" Chruch. I've looked, it's a can of worms right now.

John O.

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please don't wish you didn't start the thread...it was very edifying and something that I needed to hear.

And you must be doing something right to be accused of so many things dear John...goodness I have no idea how you can live with yourself :p

Oh, I do not regret writing it,

I believe every word of it.

I just should have not started it the way I did.

Many could not get past the tag line.

John O.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.