Mar 18, 2009
Santo Domingo
Visit site
✟7,910.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I love it becouse i belive is a powerful movement of God with radical lifestyle. Martin Luther is an example to follow, he had an attitud that the church doesnt have anymore that is fighiting against any lie that make ppl slaves. praise God becouse today we have the lutheran church!

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to our forum....and thank you so much for the compliments. We praise and thank God for all He's done for we Lutheran Christians.

I love being Lutheran because the focus is on Jesus and not us. We could never save ourselves or come to God. He draws us to Him and holds us close.

Please come back and talk with us.

Reactions: Zecryphon
Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Lutheranism.... how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways:

1. Theology of the Cross
2. Pretty girls
3. Sound, biblical theology
4. Liturgical, Sacramental
5. Pretty girls
6. A sense of humility, accountability, community
7. Drinkable coffee and usually some goodies to go with it.
8. An embrace of Tradition without placing self above Scripture
9. Pretty girls.
10. Unrigid in customs.

There's more, of course.

Upvote 0

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love Lutheranism because, with this faith, Christ has set me free. Christ paid the full price for my salvation and there is nothing more that needs to be done. It is finished! And, for this, I thank, praise, serve and obey Him.

I can't finish this reply without saying, "This is most certainly true!"

Upvote 0

Jeffersonian

Soli Deo Gloria
Mar 18, 2009
Santo Domingo
Visit site
✟7,910.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
amen!! i still remember when i convert to christ i read about martin luther and i was amazed, i said to myself, God is so good that he can use a simple men to change the history of the world, teaching that we are saved by his grace, i never hear that before. i dont think he is an idol, as i said i belive he is a simple men, but what amazed me about him is his heart willing to put a price to his head for the truth...

i praise God becouse he is awesome, everyday i realize more and more that he can use a simple men like me!

Upvote 0

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
amen!! i still remember when i convert to christ i read about martin luther and i was amazed, i said to myself, God is so good that he can use a simple men to change the history of the world, teaching that we are saved by his grace, i never hear that before. i dont think he is an idol, as i said i belive he is a simple men, but what amazed me about him is his heart willing to put a price to his head for the truth...

i praise God becouse he is awesome, everyday i realize more and more that he can use a simple men like me!
God bless you Jeffersonian, and welcome to CF, and TCL!

Upvote 0

Tofferer

LCMS - Lutherie
Nov 15, 2004
Lakewood WA
Visit site
✟19,597.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love being Lutheran because I can ask hard questions and not only expect but receive an honest and scriptural answer. When I was attending the Baptist church, there were questions that if I asked, I was told that we couldn't ask that. In the Lutheran church, I don't get told that, rather I get real answers.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I love being Lutheran because I can ask hard questions and not only expect but receive an honest and scriptural answer. When I was attending the Baptist church, there were questions that if I asked, I was told that we couldn't ask that. In the Lutheran church, I don't get told that, rather I get real answers.

EXCELLENT point!

I was homeschooled, K-12, and that was done through a large Baptist school. In our groups, we were encouraged to ask questions - including biblical and theological ones - and you know me (lol). Anyway, I soon learned NOT to do that: the implication was that certain questions were obviously a sign of a nonchristian or even of demonic powers. "I'm praying for you" was an "answer" I got from the last question I asked....

In the Lutheran church, not only is it okay to ask questions - even tough ones - but it seems encouraged. There may not be an answer (Lutherans seem to embrace mystery and humility better than others, and seem to have no hesitation to say, "I don't know") but the question is welcomed and a discussion of it allowed and perhaps welcomed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joyfulthanks

The long day is over. Praise the Lord!
May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I love confessional Lutheranism for so many reasons! Here are just a few (in no particular order):
  • because of its cross-centered theology
  • because it's sacramental
  • because the liturgy is loaded with the Word of God
  • because of the humility, warmth, and godliness I see in the people
  • because the men are manly
  • because Christ set me free from slavish dependence on my own works
  • because I am free in Christ!
  • because of the wonderful balance of Law and Gospel in everything
  • because it's not afraid of mystery
  • because I can ask hard questions
  • because the pastor and people aren't afraid to say that certain things are right, and others are plainly wrong
  • because it's not whimpy
  • because reading Luther is a kick!
  • because it recognizes male and female roles, and respects them
  • because even though, as a woman, I don't get to do some things in the church, I am still treated respectfully and with dignity, and my intelligence and contributions are valued.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love it becouse i belive is a powerful movement of God with radical lifestyle. Martin Luther is an example to follow, he had an attitud that the church doesnt have anymore that is fighiting against any lie that make ppl slaves. praise God becouse today we have the lutheran church!
What attracted me was the movie "Luther".
I liked the spirit behind it - stand up against corruption, because ... God said so.

The rest just fell in place. :)

Welcome to TCL.

Ed :)

Upvote 0

joyfulthanks

The long day is over. Praise the Lord!
May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I love confessional Lutheranism for so many reasons! Here are just a few (in no particular order):
  • because the pastor and people aren't afraid to say that certain things are right, and others are plainly wrong
  • because even though, as a woman, I don't get to do some things in the church, I am still treated respectfully and with dignity, and my intelligence and contributions are valued.

Oops - I forgot one!

• I really, really like beer. :thumbsup::p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

okteach5

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
✟15,146.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Great way of putting it!

Could you send some of the manly men my way?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.