Why wouldn't someone want me?

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For those of us who are not having success finding our soul mate, I wonder if it would help if we review (and change, if appropriate) the reasons why the opposite sex might not view us as the greatest opportunity on earth.

Speaking only for myself, I am rather set in my ways, I don't earn a six-figure income, I like spending time doing things like sports and gaming, which women my age don't like, I have no children, thus am probably viewed as disliking them. I am very opinionated, and not prone to accepting instructions from someone just because she says so. I am a good dancer and cook, which women say they like, but probably intimidates them, no matter what they say. I drink beer more than I should. I drive a small car. I'm not "dangerous".

Hey, if I were a woman, I wouldn't marry me, either! :D

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm a geek and proud of it. Like Beauty4Ashes, I'm also extremely humble.

Because of my geekiness, and the fact that I can be opinionated and stubborn, and the fact that I spend way too much time reading, fixing stuff, and fishing, and too little time talking to people, I'm probably just way too cool for any girl to seriously consider. So I guess I should work on not being so illustriously cool so girls can relate to me a bit more. Oh, and I have long hair, but I don't think that's a problem as girls seem to enjoy pestering me with it ("OH Let me braid it!" " NO!" "Pleeeeeasssseeeee!" "NO." "Come on!" "Only if you give me some chocolate." "Okay!" --- this is good because I get chocolate).

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
intricatic said:
. Like Beauty4Ashes, I'm also extremely humble.

We should start our own club Humble~R~Us. Since we are so extremely humble, we should use our amazing humbleness to help others who are surely a lot less humble than us, to help them become more like us! :D :D :D :D ;)

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Beauty4Ashes said:
We should start our own club Humble~R~Us. Since we are so extremely humble, we should use our amazing humbleness to help others who are surely a lot less humble than us, to help them become more like us! :D :D :D ;)
Yes! Humility is an important thing to have - if one cannot be proud of their humility, what can they be proud of? :eek:

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm too tame for the wild women, too wild for the tame ones, too conservative for the liberals and too liberal for the conservatives. Also, my interests are too geeky for non-geeks, but not geeky enough for the geeks.

I'm looking for an attractive, single, Christian woman who 'gets' where I'm coming from. Unfortunately, as the years go by, it seems less likely that such women exist. Yes there are attractive women, single women, and Christian women... but I'm looking for a combination of all three. On the unlikely chance that I meet such a lady, it's rare that she understands me. *see my first paragraph* If we don't see eye to eye, then I'm not interested.

Sorry, but I'm not changing just to meet some chick who will only tolerate me. If I'm going to love someone for who she is, then I want to be loved for who I am.

Upvote 0

joanna1

Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
✟18,877.00
Faith
Christian
mrkguy75 said:
I'm too tame for the wild women, too wild for the tame ones, too conservative for the liberals and too liberal for the conservatives. Also, my interests are too geeky for non-geeks, but not geeky enough for the geeks.
I was going to write that then saw you had done it already. That's exactly me.

Especially the too conservative for liberals but too liberal for the conservatives bit. And the geek bit as well.

Men i believe find me funny but also scary - i can be very sharp at times. Men are scared of witty women.

And i'm not domesticated enough. I'm an ok cook but useless at cleaning.

But hey, i know i'd be a really good mum. They just don't seem to think so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VivDaGurl

Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hhhhmmm.....I started to try to figure out why....

Though I'm 28 years old but, I just don't look 28 and most people around me thought I'm 22 or 23 or 25. Could it be because people see that I'm too young for them?

Also, I find that I've been too independant on my own or rather I always show to others that I can do things by myself and do not need anybody around me to help me get things done. That's why the guys are keeping themself away from me?

Or could it be because I'm not pretty?

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
joanna1 said:
I was going to write that then saw you had done it already. That's exactly me.

Especially the too conservative for liberals but too liberal for the conservatives bit. And the geek bit as well.
You'd probably get along with my circle of friends from college. A bunch of us have experienced the same thing (though we're now living in different states).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ShineForever

Jul 3, 2006
New York (NOT "the city")
Visit site
✟7,891.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TriptychR said:
I think my biggest problem is that I simply haven't exposed myself (Socially! Get your mind out of the gutter. :p ) to others enough--especially members of the opposite gender.

Me too. Well, I think looking more like my CF Character would help :p .

Upvote 0

Ps28:7

I should probably put something cool here...
Mar 16, 2004
South Carolina
✟483.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
hey, i'm probable the most humble person ever, can i join the club?!!? i don't think we need to change...but i think "to be fully loved, we must be fully known", i think somebody famous said that...but it means to be vulnerable and allow people to see who you really are...don't worry about people not accepting the real you, worry when you start to become someone you're not to be accepted...but yeah, if you want to be loved by someone, then you must love and be known(weaknesses and all) but you don't have to flaunt those around...kbye

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If I could have a dollar for every time someone has told me that I need to lighten up I would never have to worry about a woman rejecting me because I don't have enough wealth.

Either I do not like to show much sense of humor or I do not have much in the first place. Take your pick.

Anyway, I am a serious person and I like it that way. Change that so that I will be more attractive to the opposite sex? ^_^ Good one!

What did I just do?! I had better hurry up and conclude this post before I show any more of that! I have a reputation as a serious intellectual to maintain, you know.

Too much humor is annoying. It is like someone running his fingernails down a chalkboard. But I am flexible. And I am generous. All that I said was "annoying" and "like someone running his fingernails down a chalkboard". The must-have-a-sense-of-humor crowd is often not so generous I have learned. They don't say that seriousness is a character flaw, but they sure don't miss saying it by much, it seems. Oh well, I can't take them too seriously. And I don't take them too seriously. Some people are so serious about their lover having to have a sense of humor that it is funny. Be careful there, Tim. If you don't end this post soon, Tim, you might have to grow some fingernails.

Upvote 0