Why would some believe christians will offer sacrifices in the millennial temple?

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would some believe christians will offer sacrifices in the millennial temple?

Eze 45:15, Isa 56:7, Jer 33:18, Zec 14:21, Mal 3:3 ....because the bible tells us sacrifices will be offered.

...however, Mat 9:17, Mar 2:22, Luk 5:37 no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.

Sorry to say, that is yet to happen.

So, should I recycle the Book of Hebrews after I tear it out of my Bible, or simply throw it away?

Upvote 0

YESLORDIWILL

Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52
Oct 12, 2012
✟11,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, should I recycle the Book of Hebrews after I tear it out of my Bible, or simply throw it away?

So you recycled it after you ripped it out?

What? I'm a big fan of preserving nostalgia, I wouldn't rip it out....I'm gonna keep it forever and show it to my grandkids one day....when I have some

...and they're gonna be like, wow!

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Hebrews is written for our edification during this current Church age.
It is in the OT and Revelation, that we find details of what will happen in the lead up to the Return of Jesus.
Hebrews 12:26 does mention the soon to happen shaking of the earth, that will commence all that is prophesied to come.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hebrews 12:26 does mention the soon to happen shaking of the earth, that will commence all that is prophesied to come.

And By "soon to happen" I understand you mean "still a few thousand years away", or "soon in God's eyes", yes?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
And By "soon to happen" I understand you mean "still a few thousand years away", or "soon in God's eyes", yes?
The Jewish leaders in Jesus' time on earth couldn't discern His coming or see how He fulfilled prophecy and now you hypocrites you can discern the face of the sky, but you can't discern the signs of our times. Matthew 16:3

Upvote 0

YESLORDIWILL

Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52
Oct 12, 2012
✟11,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

So how long do you think a prophet gets for his words to come to pass?

Deu 18:20-Deu 18:22, But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

...so how long? 200 years? 2000 years? How could the prophet be put to death if he is predicting events that would happen hundreds or thousands of years later?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Jewish leaders in Jesus' time on earth couldn't discern His coming or see how He fulfilled prophecy and now you hypocrites you can discern the face of the sky, but you can't discern the signs of our times. Matthew 16:3

And again, when you say "soon coming" do you mean the same thing the apostles meant when they said it, or are you using a different definition?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So how long do you think a prophet gets for his words to come to pass?

Deu 18:20-Deu 18:22, But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

...so how long? 200 years? 2000 years? How could the prophet be put to death if he is predicting events that would happen hundreds or thousands of years later?

Great question! I suppose it boils down to context..
In light of Deuteronomy 18:20-22, Which any prophet of God would understand, Why do you suppose a prophet would choose to say, over and over and over and over and over again, that the events prophesied are coming "Soon, shortly, at hand, about to take place, coming in a very very little while, near, nigh & at the door, etc... if His prophecy is intended to be understood by his audience as being exactly the opposite of what He is LITERALLY saying?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I mean soon, like possibly this fall, if not this year, then 2016. Not the Return of Jesus, but His judgement of the nations.
The signs of the times are converging, God's allotted time for this era is running out.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I mean soon, like possibly this fall, if not this year, then 2016. Not the Return of Jesus, but His judgement of the nations.

So you are using the OPPOSITE definition of soon that the apostles used.
Thanks for clarifying.

Excuse my skepticism, but having been posting here since 2002, every year someone such as yourself says the exact same thing... "for sure fall of 2003,... if not then 2004 for sure.... definitely 2006, ...or 2007.... NO QUESTION 2012 is the year!".... etc...

It's difficult for me to get excited about such claims anymore... "fool me once" don't ya know...

The signs of the times are converging,

Oh yeah, that's another one I hear again and again and again and again... "all the signs are converging...like never before..." Sorry, meh... in another 10 years they'll be "converging like never before" too, and in another 20, "they'll REALLY be converging, FOR REAL THIS TIME...."
Ugh.

God's allotted time for this era is running out.

Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— (Rev 14:6)

Time is running out on the Everlasting Gospel era?? :scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I understand your skepticism. It is far too easy to get carried away with thinking things are about to happen.
God's timing isn't what we think, He will act on His Appointed Day.
Be sure, though, He WILL take action, He has done it before and His Word to us is car; He will do it again. To become 'end timed out' is a mistake; we should not be in the dark, we are of the light and must not sleep like other people. 1 Thessalonians 5:4-11

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To become 'end timed out' is a mistake; we should not be in the dark, we are of the light and must not sleep like other people. 1 Thessalonians 5:4-11

Well, According to the passage you quoted, as long as we are right with the lord, our correct understanding of the timing is inconsequential, for "whether we wake or sleep, we will be together with Him' (5:9)

9 For God appointed us not into wrath, but unto the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

In all honesty, the possibility of me walking in front of a Bus, or having a heart attack, etc, tomorrow and meeting my physical demise is far more motivating for getting right with Jesus than speculating that sometime "soon" - its always soon don't ya know - will be the end of the world, so for me, I'm ok being "endtimed out".. it simply does not produce any fruit, and the flip side of 2000 years of never ending failed predictions and "just you wait and see's, it's just around the corner's, any day now's" only produce ROTTEN fruit...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The third Temple will be built by the Lord's righteous people, be they true descendants of Jacob or grafted in. They will gather in all of the Holy Land, soon after it is cleared and cleansed by the Sixth Seal/ Psalms 83 devastation.
They won't make sacrifices for sins, but thank offerings and purifications. All as detailed in Ezekiel 40-48
Nonsense! This is the New Testament on the temple:

Matthew 12:6
But I say to you that something greater than the temple is here.

John 2:19
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Jesus is the temple! Furthermore:

1 Corinthians 3:16

Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Ephesians 2:19-22
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,
having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

The temple is already in existence! Jesus is the CORNERSTONE...the apostles are the foundation, believers are the bricks.

Your "3rd temple" will never happen. Hebrews destroys your thinking...and don't even bring up Ezekiel's heavenly temple vision which John repeats in Revelation 21:10-21. John didn't see a temple and he tells you why in Revelation 21:22:
22 I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Keras...you're going to be flabbergasted when Jesus appears!

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Keras...you're going to be flabbergasted when Jesus appears!
I will be delighted when He appears!
But what you fail to understand is all that must happen before that glorious Day.

Making all the specific and physical prophesies about a new Temple into a spiritual body, is a serious changing and reassigning of what is told to us in the Bible. It is simply impossible to construe the prophesies of Ezekiel 40-48 into anything other than an actual building in the actual Holy Land. Paul mentions it in 2 Thessalonians 2:4. And John measures it Revelation 11:1.
It doesn't relate to the Temple built by Nehemiah and upgraded by Herod.
The spiritual 'Temple' of the Lord's people during this Church age does not preclude an actual Temple to come later.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well, According to the passage you quoted, as long as we are right with the lord, our correct understanding of the timing is inconsequential, for "whether we wake or sleep, we will be together with Him' (5:9)

9 For God appointed us not into wrath, but unto the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

In all honesty, the possibility of me walking in front of a Bus, or having a heart attack, etc, tomorrow and meeting my physical demise is far more motivating for getting right with Jesus than speculating that sometime "soon" - its always soon don't ya know - will be the end of the world, so for me, I'm ok being "endtimed out".. it simply does not produce any fruit, and the flip side of 2000 years of never ending failed predictions and "just you wait and see's, it's just around the corner's, any day now's" only produce ROTTEN fruit...
So we won't be seeing you here again then?
If we do, we know it's just your perversity and cantankerous nature!

Just a thought; why don't you apply Pascal's wager to the future?
1/ Nothing really serious is going to happen between now and the Return of Jesus. [There is no God, no judgement]
2/ There will be worldwide disasters and dramatic changes for everyone. [There is a God and you will be judged]
Pascal thought it best to believe and prepare for option 2, as if 1 was right, then that's it, but if 2 is right, then you are in deep poo.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Book of Hebrews is written for our edification during this current Church age.
It is in the OT and Revelation, that we find details of what will happen in the lead up to the Return of Jesus.
So you don't consider it Holy Writ, then, right? And, more to the point, do you consider it to be true? Because if it is, it leaves the DF belief that Christianity is to be replaced by Temple Judaism ver. 2.0 and animal sacrifice a smoking wreck.

I see no way to believe that Hebrews is true and to embrace Dispensational Futurism. One or the other is a lie. I'm betting that it's Hebrews that's true, and DF the monstrous, blasphemous falsehood.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So we won't be seeing you here again then?
If we do, we know it's just your perversity and cantankerous nature!

Personal Attacks against me and what you percieve is my "nature" are unfounded, but do illuminate the inferiority of your argument against my positions.

Just a thought; why don't you apply Pascal's wager to the future?
1/ Nothing really serious is going to happen between now and the Return of Jesus. [There is no God, no judgement]

How do you come to the conclusion in brackets from the posit in #1?
Doesn't the "return of Jesus" part eliminate the bracketed part?

2/ There will be worldwide disasters and dramatic changes for everyone. [There is a God and you will be judged]
And again, how does the understanding that there will continue to be natural disasters around the world, automatically lead one to the bracketed conclusion?

Pascal thought it best to believe and prepare for option 2, as if 1 was right, then that's it, but if 2 is right, then you are in deep poo.

Well, presuming those are the only two options is where Pascal's wager falters in your application of it.
Again, I find it best to prepare for the reality that my physical demise will in all likelyhood precede any sort of eschatological precipice. And I'd recommend that sort of preparation for everyone.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0