Why was a psychic able to see my future as a Christian?

H

holythemholyme

Oh I have read some about this, they open channels and make pacts, soul ties with spirits or demons to bring them information about the person. Demons are everywhere and they do not sleep, they watch you and bring reports to the psychic who is already involved in this type of world through the open channels. A lot of people can be actually intuitive but there's no place for divining the future with god because it's all subject to change, bottom line is people should search guidance from god alone, he moves the future not these scammy impostors!

Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟17,921.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Whatever a psychic tells you is not set on stones. Only God's will is set one stone for you.
Psychic power has nothing to do with God. It is not holy.

As a Christian I would advice you to abstain from going there. God does not delight in His Children doing all those things. Your future is in God's hands, dont hand it over to the enemy. Let God be your great reward and Hope.

Leviticus 20:6
“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people"

Leviticus 19:31
“Do not turn to mediums, psychics or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

Even though God is merciful, it does not please Him to see His children seeking other means (apart from Him) to know their future.

God does not block your own free will. If God blocks people's free will, He would have made sure none of the ancient Israelites served or worshipped idols.

God is Kind and Gracious. Turn from those things and repent of them. Seek God alone, and let Him be your ONLY ROCK.

Upvote 0

Matthew1

Dec 4, 2011
✟16,323.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, BUT how did the Physic know things about my Future? Wouldn't God have blocked any demon from knowing anything about the future of a Christian? This was when I was a young Christian and didnt fully understand that speaking with a Physic was bad, I do now though of course and would never speak with a Physic now...BUT how did the Physic know things about my Future? Wouldn't God have blocked any demon from knowing anything about the future of a Christian????

Upvote 0

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Assuming the psychic trully saw into your future and it wasnt just a lucky guess, I think it is because while, according to the Bible, God doesnt like that stuff, he isnt going to block it. I dont think God is that hands on unless he feels the need to be. But bottom line is we can never know what is in God's mind. It is beyond our comprehension.

Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟17,921.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, BUT how did the Physic know things about my Future? Wouldn't God have blocked any demon from knowing anything about the future of a Christian? This was when I was a young Christian and didnt fully understand that speaking with a Physic was bad, I do now though of course and would never speak with a Physic now...BUT how did the Physic know things about my Future? Wouldn't God have blocked any demon from knowing anything about the future of a Christian????

Its demonic power. But know God is MORE powerful. The enemy is the god of the world, hurled down and is roaring about seeking whom to devour. That is why it is good to allow GOD be the one and ONLY ROCK that we (Christians) have, without seeking other means.

Its possible that the enemy know, but you dont seek him. You seek God. Because even if the enemy knows, he cannot do anything about it unless you allow him, by giving him access. As long as you make God the one and only, and He is the one you seek, you can never go wrong.

God cares about you, us, His Children so He warns us to NOT seek these things because they have consequences, and they are not good.
Therefore, I hope you understand and can repent from them.

When the Israelites disobeyed God, He gave them away to their enemies. They turned from the One and Only who saved and delivered them, who paved a way for them in the Sea. God is jealous. In a good way. He is our Father and wants to remain the only One that we revere and worship.

LET IT BE SO. Goodluck

Upvote 0

Isatis

Disciple of Christ
Sep 12, 2011
✟21,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wouldn't God have blocked any demon from knowing anything about the future of a Christian????

Who told you or where did your read that?

When you live in obedience to the Word of God, you just don't let a "psychic" tell you anything about the future, because it is wrong. Acts 16:16-19 reports that a psychic lost her power when Paul cast out the spirit that empowered her.

The Bible commands us to put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:14-18) to deal with the devil.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think one needs to remember that evil spirits (demons, satanic workers) can cause things to occur in your life. A psychic works in this realm. I believe it's to make you give more credence to what the psychic said, and cause you to continue to believe and go to them for guidance, rather than go to God only.

Also, quantum mechanics is proving the formerly stated "self fulfilling prophecy". It's a Biblical phenomena which is why we are told to think on whatsoever things are true, honest, pure... because what we focus upon is what comes into our lives. Faith is one reason :) Science calls it the "observer effect" in that we see not just what we want to see, but actually cause what we want and focus upon to occur.

Rebuke the devil and he will flee from you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amber Bird

We have enough gun control.We need idiot control!
Jul 8, 2012
✟1,243.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why do psychics ask your name?

Next time you feel like visiting a psychic to see if they can see your future, enter their shop and wait to see if they ask your name before they begin their "reading".
Psychics chat people up before beginning their work. Cold readings. It's not hard to do. Especially for someone who's skilled in NLP.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering, a psychic told me things just after I became a Christian about my future...but HOW?? I would have thought that a psychic could not have known anything about the future of a Christian as God would block them from knowing anything about a Child of his future? Confused? Anyone help?

The enemy has limited abilities but those who follow after His ways
will find that the end of those ways is death and destruction.

So what if the devil knew something of your possible future, it doesn't
mean we follow after fortune tellers or that they have any real power
that isn't based on trickery or gained knowledge of a person's life.

Demons are behind fortune telling and pass along information to the physic.
Demons can hear and see what is going on and they can discern
a person's desires and probable path in life but that doesn't make
them the author of anything good or the bringers of blessing.

If I had access to all you private info, I could appear as person who sees
your past, present and speculated future.

I know of many who have followed after the advice of fortune tellers
and have had their lives nearly destroyed by it.

I had a woman speak some stuff over my life and it seemed to come true
but what she was speaking was the desires of my heart that I had already voiced to God
in prayer so it was God who brought all those good things to past, not the false prophesy of
this woman who spoke over me without me asking her to.

Cling to Christ and pray and ask Him to be the one who holds
your future in His hands as He is Lord of all because all power and
authority has been given to Him alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

servant9901

Aug 17, 2012
✟685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Oh I have read some about this, they open channels and make pacts, soul ties with spirits or demons to bring them information about the person. Demons are everywhere and they do not sleep, they watch you and bring reports to the psychic who is already involved in this type of world through the open channels. A lot of people can be actually intuitive but there's no place for divining the future with god because it's all subject to change, bottom line is people should search guidance from god alone, he moves the future not these scammy impostors!

Amen!!!

Upvote 0

servant9901

Aug 17, 2012
✟685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Whatever a psychic tells you is not set on stones. Only God's will is set one stone for you.
Psychic power has nothing to do with God. It is not holy.

As a Christian I would advice you to abstain from going there. God does not delight in His Children doing all those things. Your future is in God's hands, dont hand it over to the enemy. Let God be your great reward and Hope.

Leviticus 20:6
“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people"

Leviticus 19:31
“Do not turn to mediums, psychics or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

Even though God is merciful, it does not please Him to see His children seeking other means (apart from Him) to know their future.

God does not block your own free will. If God blocks people's free will, He would have made sure none of the ancient Israelites served or worshipped idols.

God is Kind and Gracious. Turn from those things and repent of them. Seek God alone, and let Him be your ONLY ROCK.

Amen!!

Upvote 0