USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Someone had mentioned EGW and her comments on that the Sabbath shined brighter than all of the other commandments. I was listening to Walter Veith who explained in detail why (better than I do) and it makes perfect sense.

The reason the Sabbath shines brighter it is the only commandment that reveals the Author of God's law the Ten Commandments and only law that reveals the Authority and Creator over all heaven and earth. Its the commandment that contains the seal of God.

Without the power of God, we could never obey God's commandments. Removing the one commandment that reveals the Author, the Authority and the Seal the rest of the law is useless and without His power and no one could keep.

Can you imagine having a set of laws that congress passes into government and is not signed by the President, would be useless. The Sabbath is the one commandments that shows God's Authority which leads to the controversy.

Is our allegiance with the authority of God who created heaven and earth or to the one who changed times and laws Dan 7:25 we are warned about and receive their mark of their authority. No wonder there is so much attack on the Sabbath commandment as it all comes down to the authority of who we worship. Someone is trying to take the place of God Isa 14:14 who is working through an alternate system Revelation 13:4 that the whole world follows when they follow their teachings over God's.

Their authority

Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God... The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.'
—Catholic Record, September 1, 1923.

God's Authority

Psa 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

Their authority

It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.
—Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903.

God's Authority

Exo 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Their mark

Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.
—C. F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath, November 11, 1895.

God's Seal

Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

The Sabbath contains the three elements of a seal:
Name: Lord thy God
Title: Creator
Territory: Heaven and Earth

Eze 20:20 hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.’

Their authority

Tradition, not Scripture, is the rock on which the church of Jesus Christ is built.
—Adrien Nampon, Catholic Doctrine as Defined by the Council of Trent, p. 157

God's Authority

And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men

At the end it will come down to our worship. In vain by keeping the traditions of man or following God and obeying His commandments just the way He wrote and spoke and no one has Authority over God.

Rev 14: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Or the antidote we can obey God which is true worship.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Last edited:

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Someone had mentioned EGW and her comments on that the Sabbath shined brighter than all of the other commandments. I was listening to Walter Veith who explained in detail why (better than I do) and it makes perfect sense.

The reason the Sabbath shines brighter it is the only commandment that reveals the Author of God's law the Ten Commandments and only law that reveals the Authority and Creator over all heaven and earth. Its the commandment that contains the seal of God.

Without the power of God, we could never obey God's commandments. Removing the one commandment that reveals the Author, the Authority and the Seal the rest of the law is useless and without His power and no one could keep.

Can you imagine having a set of laws that congress passes into government and is not signed by the President, would be useless. The Sabbath is the one commandments that shows God's Authority which leads to the controversy.

Is our allegiance with the authority of God who created heaven and earth or to the one who changed times and laws Dan 7:25 we are warned about and receive their mark of their authority. No wonder there is so much attack on the Sabbath commandment as it all comes down to the authority of who we worship. Someone is trying to take the place of God Isa 14:14 who is working through an alternate system Revelation 13:4 that the whole world follows when they follow their teachings over God's.

Their authority

Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God... The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.'

God's Authority

And a light to my path.

Their authority

It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.
—Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903.

God's Authority

Exo 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Their mark

Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.
—C. F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath, November 11, 1895.

God's Seal

Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Eze 20:20 hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.’

Their authority

Tradition, not Scripture, is the rock on which the church of Jesus Christ is built.

God's Authority

At the end it will come down to our worship. In vain by keeping the traditions of man or following God and obeying His commandments just the way He wrote and spoke and no one has Authority over God.

Rev 14: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
A couple of things interest me.

Exodus 20:10, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. For me this means God has kept the weekly Sabbath for 6000 years and Jesus has kept the Seventh Day for 2000 years.

The next thing is why do people not see that the Law has not changed, and not see how important the Law is; Who said the Law is abrogated, not God; why do people hate the Law, or is it only the 4th commandment they hate, would they still hate it had they not read the epistles of Paul?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A couple of things interest me.

Exodus 20:10, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. For me this means God has kept the weekly Sabbath for 6000 years and Jesus has kept the Seventh Day for 2000 years.

The next thing is why do people not see that the Law has not changed, and not see how important the Law is; Who said the Law is abrogated, not God; why do people hate the Law, or is it only the 4th commandment they hate, would they still hate it had they not read the epistles of Paul?
I believe its the 4th commandment people mainly take issue with regardless if they keep the other 9 or not. The devil has attacked what was started at Creation, the Sabbath and marriage. He adds confusion on what God made holy and good. Now, we no longer even know the difference between male or female- the child decides now when they are a few months old. It's all quite sad and just shows how nearer we are to Jesus coming back.

Regarding Paul, his writings was given the warning for this exact reasons 2 Peter 3:16 for those who twist his writings to be in contradiction to Jesus or even himself as he kept every Sabbath 30+ years after the Cross. People believe what they want and sadly they don't even realize who is in control of the agenda they are following. The devil deceives the whole world, all we can do is pray and follow God's Word and the example left to us by Jesus. We can share the message and pray someone will listen before its too late.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I believe its the 4th commandment people mainly take issue with regardless if they keep the other 9 or not. The devil has attacked what was started at Creation, the Sabbath and marriage. He adds confusion on what God made holy and good. Now, we no longer even know the difference between male or female- the child decides now when they are a few months old. It's all quite sad and just shows how nearer we are to Jesus coming back.

Regarding Paul, his writings was given the warning for this exact reasons 2 Peter 3:16 for those who twist his writings to be in contradiction to Jesus or even himself as he kept every Sabbath 30+ years after the Cross. People believe what they want and sadly they don't even realize who is in control of the agenda they are following. The devil deceives the whole world, all we can do is pray and follow God's Word and the example left to us by Jesus. We can share the message and pray someone will listen before its too late.

Jesus made a strong statement in Matthew 15 concerning the commandments of men.

Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Statements like these should be sobering to a Christian.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus made a strong statement in Matthew 15 concerning the commandments of men.

Statements like these should be sobering to a Christian.
The teaching of Jesus in Mat 15:3-14 and Mat 5:17-30 truly sums it up and there is no good argument against.

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Things are moving fast and accelerating. It would be nice to know how long.

Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟108,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Things are moving fast and accelerating. It would be nice to know how long.
They surely are
Ten or so years ago the goings on of today were unimaginable
Now?
Little surprises me

This cannot go on much longer

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Their authority

God's Authority

And a light to my path.

Their authority

God's Authority

Their mark

God's Seal

Their authority

God's Authority

What do you mean by “shines brighter than all the other commandments”?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by “shines brighter than all the other commandments”?
I thought I explained it in the post- the Sabbath commandment is the only commandment that reveals God and reveals that He is the Creator of everything. If you remove the Sabbath commandment from the Ten Commandments, the one that God said to Remember- it removes His seal and reveals that He is our Creator. What good is a set of laws, if not signed by the Author who gave them. Its why its been attacked so much because there is another spirit who wants to exalt himself over God Isaiah 14:13-14 that deceives the whole world.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

1710545548537.png

This thread had a clean up. As a reminder to anyone reading, the site rules include:

Congregational Forum Restrictions​

Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

Upvote 0