Why poetry?

ghoti

...hopeless...
Dec 2, 2002
Visit site
✟7,744.00
I've felt like saying this for a while, but there's never been anyone to say it to. Many of my friends moan and groan about poetry. Mainly because we have to interpet it in class, and that's quite difficult. But I enjoy poetry on a personal level. To me, it's a way of saying all the things you can't, or all the things you're not supposed to. Because sometimes, you can't just say something out loud. Sometimes, there are things you can't talk about. Sometimes, there are things too vague for words.

Anyone else ever feel like this?

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
yep, that's precisely the point, it's hard to understand!

but poetry is so lovely, you can use a couple of words to get across the feeling, something that cannot be done so beautifully in say, an essay, due to difference in style.

and i also like the way a poetry rhymes.... it's like singing a song.

Upvote 0

EspressoDuck

EspressoDuck, not ExpressDuck.
Jun 1, 2002
School
Visit site
✟9,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I think is, if you have a talent, then use it. If you feel the need to share it with others, do. If not, dont. People who do not have talent in this area dont like to do it, for the same reasons others (like me) moan and groan about P.E. We aren't talented in that area, and/or we just dont like it. I personally LOVE poetry. Writing, and reading.

Upvote 0