Why is the Medal of Honor a Pentagram? (upside down star)

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's not just Beyonce, lots of female pop singers have dabbled in the occult for years. Shakira, apparently, has hips that only speak the truth. Then there's Lisa "Evil Eye" Lopez who's been known for practicing pyromancy. The list goes on...

Don't forget Kelis, who can summon nubile males into her garden with dairy products.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hamster_flower_hat.gif

This thread has gone through a clean up, in which posts that were in violation of CF's rules or responded to posts that had a violation were removed.

Just some friendly reminders BEFORE you post again in this thread...

● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.

Please comment on the topic this opening post is trying to discuss and leave out any unkind comment about a member or members. You might not agree with their point of view, but that's no reason to insult them personally.

This also goes for non-Christians - please do not MOCK and insult Christian beliefs. Some of you are getting pretty close to doing that in your posts. You might not believe in what Christians believe, but that doesn't mean you need to insult our beliefs.

Also, I deleted some posts that were off-topic (basically pictures of nonsense that do not discuss anything in the topic). If you don't have anything to add to the topic, don't post. It's basically just baiting people to act up.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the thread clean up. Take care!

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2013
✟15,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The origins of the pentagram are actually tied to the orbit of Venus. This is from an astronomy site:

"Look down on the plane of the Solar System from above the Earth. Track the Earth so it always appears directly below you, but don’t turn along with it. With the passage of each year, you will see the Sun go around the Earth. As the Sun goes around the Earth 8 times, Venus goes around the Sun 13 times, and traces out the pretty curve shown here.
It’s called the pentagram of Venus, because it has 5 ‘lobes’ where Venus makes its closest approach to Earth. At each closest approach, Venus move backwards compared to its usual motion across the sky: this is called retrograde motion."

This is a lot easier to visualize with graphics - just google it.

Venus of course is known as the 'Morning Star'. Lucifer is called the 'bright morning star'. Therefore Venus=Satan=Venus' orbit=Pentagram.

We also have the apple. If you cut an apple crossways you will see a natural 5 shaped star. Satan of course is also linked to the apple from the garden. (though I don't believe eating an apple was THE sin in the garden, but that's a whole different topic) This also links Satan to the Pentagram.

Police often times find pentagrams painted on the ground at sites where animals or people have been ritually murdered. So yes, they use them.

And the illuminati often times schedules events according to the orbit of Venus.

323782-albums5126-49186.gif

....and more events occurring according to Occult timing. You can read the ISS as Isis. And the Dragon as Osiris. So this would be the 'Dragon (Osiris) having Space X (Space sex) with ISS (Isis)' to produce Horus. The Satanic Trinity.
323782-albums5126-49211.gif

SpaceX Marks the Spot

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not just Beyonce, lots of female pop singers have dabbled in the occult for years. Shakira, apparently, has hips that only speak the truth. Then there's Lisa "Evil Eye" Lopez who's been known for practicing pyromancy. The list goes on...
Don't forget Kelis, who can summon nubile males into her garden with dairy products.

In other words, ice cream. :yum:

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Milkshakes, actually.

Ice cream is course of the devil, too. Just look at the words, the first one has 3 letters, which, times the number of words of "ice cream", is 6, just like in 666, the number of the devil. And cream has five letters, like the pentagram.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Take the height of the pyramidion, multiply it by the height of the whole pyramid, multiply the total by ten to the fifth, and we obtain the circumference of the earth. What's more, if you multiply the perimeter of the base by twenty-four to the third divided by two, you get the earth's radius. Further, the area of the base of the pyramid multiplied by ninety-six times ten to the eighth gives us one hundred and ninety-six million eight hundred and ten thousand square miles, which is the surface area of the earth.
Therefor the ancient Egyptians had GPS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I never understood the way people treat such icons as medals and flags, saluting them, folding them in a very precise manner, never allowing them to touch the ground, and then they turn around and condemn idol worship.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I never understood the way people treat such icons as medals and flags, saluting them, folding them in a very precise manner, never allowing them to touch the ground, and then they turn around and condemn idol worship.
Well, I have always been uncomfortable with the Seppos treat their flag, the pledge of allegiance to the flag seems frankly idolatrous to me. But real countries with actual traditions that have legitimate roots like yours and mine, rather than silly made up ones like the Seps, don't "worship", flags, as such. It is possible to treat an object with respect for what it either symbolises or its inherent worth without worshiping it, per se.

Take, for example, the Mona Lisa, if you were looking after it, I imagine you would treat it very carefully, but you wouldn't worship it. For an example of treating something with symbolic value with respect, just think how you handle a cheque or banknote worth thousands of dollars or Euros. Its intrinsic worth is maybe a cent for the paper, but it symbolises much more, and so you treat it accordingly. You don't worship it though.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I would treat the mona lisa very carefully because it is a work of art and I would not have a good time if I let something bad happen to it. It's unique. A bank note can be traded in for real items of value and everyone holds it at it's worth.

A flag, though, is a dime a dozen, as they say, and I can burn any countries flag in my back yard, without anything bad happening to anyone (at least when I'm carefull with that). And people don't hold flags at a universal worth, either. Some people venerate a countries flag, other people burn it, still other people don't think anything of it.

It's just such an alien concept to me, but maybe that is because I'm German and we really only wave our flag around during football events. That's what the german flag symbolises for most germans, the german soccer team (Serious buisness, of course)

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would treat the mona lisa very carefully because it is a work of art and I would not have a good time if I let something bad happen to it. It's unique. A bank note can be traded in for real items of value and everyone holds it at it's worth.

A flag, though, is a dime a dozen, as they say, and I can burn any countries flag in my back yard, without anything bad happening to anyone (at least when I'm carefull with that). And people don't hold flags at a universal worth, either. Some people venerate a countries flag, other people burn it, still other people don't think anything of it.

It's just such an alien concept to me, but maybe that is because I'm German and we really only wave our flag around during football events. That's what the german flag symbolises for most germans, the german soccer team (Serious buisness, of course)

Um... with the greatest possible respect... I think... just possibly... given certain... um... events... in Germany's past... that could be said to have... perhaps... been a little over enthusiastic about flag waving... I suspect you've been rather intentionally conditioned against it... just perhaps.

Maybe our good friends over at Scandinavia and the World can do a better job of putting it into perspective for you... Evil Flag - Scandinavia and the World

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I have been 'conditioned against it', I've just grown up in a culture that doesn't place any value on it. It's not like flags are some sort of human reflex that you have to be trained to supress. Most Germans are over the whole 'people die when I'm proud' thing. As I said, you do get something like this:

image-108703-galleryV9-vflz.jpg

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think I have been 'conditioned against it', I've just grown up in a culture that doesn't place any value on it. It's not like flags are some sort of human reflex.
Yes, people who have been conditioned by a ubiquitous social meme rarely think they have been conditioned.

The fact that you've "just grown up in a culture that doesn't place any value on it", is what has conditioned you thusly.

Given Germany's... shall we say... penchant for excessive flag usage in... the past... why do you think the culture now "doesn't place any value on it"?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you really want to define things this way, then you have been conditioned to put no great value in juggling (or whatever you hold as unimportant).
No need to get defensive. I'm just making an observation. One which has been made by others previously, and also noting that an aspect of the Marshall Plan was to... steer Germany away... from excessive nationalism in the future, so either consciously or unconsciously, one suspects that teachers and civic leaders were encouraged to tone down the importance of the flag.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all. I'm just suggesting there might be a specific reason that Germans do not have the same cultural regard for their national flag that other countries do. I still stand by my point that (with the exception of the Seppos and their creepy pledge) treating a flag, or indeed any symbol, with respect is not the same as worship.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Of course there is a reason for it, and it's exactly the one you say it is, but I wouldn't classify it as conditioning (which at least to me sounds like spraying a cat with water when it tries to climb the curtains and not like 'not placing much value in something').

Although it's a funny thought to put a German flag into Kindergarten, and when the children pick it up, you honk a loud horn or something, I have to admit.

Upvote 0