Why every Christian should have a literal view of scripture.

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You must study the field for quite a lot of years and then prove yourself in your work. You cannot just label yourself a scientist and start publishing.

I know -And most have been to university, another place of indoctrination.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I went to school & found it to be a place of indoctrination & untruths from most of our history to earth it's self.
Oh, brother. Not to sound snarky or anything. This is an honest question. Do you belong to what some would call a cult?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because they have labeled themselves doesn't make them right.
If you mean, "just because they have labelled themselves scientists"; you are wrong.
A person is a scientist if they study science, make scientific experiments, have qualifications in science and so on. That is who they are and what they do - just as an artist paints, an author writes, an actor acts, a teacher teaches etc.
A person who doesn't like science is not a scientist, whatever they call themselves. I could describe myself as a scientist, for example, but as soon as anyone asked me a scientific question, or made an observation/statement and asked for my scientific opinion, I would be found out to be a fake. I have no qualifications and very little knowledge.

If you mean "just because they labelled themselves Christians ......" that is also false. It is perfectly possible to be a scientist and a Christian.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to school & found it to be a place of indoctrination & untruths from most of our history to earth it's self.
You mean that people taught a different view to the one that you have.

In another thread, either you, or someone else, said that 10% of people in the world believe in a flat earth This means that 90% don't.
If it was the other way around and 90% of people believed, and taught, that the earth was flat and only 10% said it was a sphere, or globe, wouldn't you consider they had been brainwashed, badly taught or were just ignorant? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that.

Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean that people taught a different view to the one that you have.

Yes, all through my schooling I questioned every thing from history etc, only to find out later that they had lied to me, especially in the subjects such as Geography & History.

Anyway shouldn't we get back to the topic in question ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, all through my schooling I questioned every thing from history etc, only to find out later that they had lied to me, especially in the subjects such as Geography & History.
Teachers, educational books etc had ALL lied to you??
It never occurred to you that they, who knew more than you did, might just be right and know what they were talking about?

And this is, indirectly, to do with the subject in question, because all this is about how folk interpret the Bible.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just to say that folks assume seven days of creation but hey - we are invited to enter with Him into Sabbath Rest in Hebrews.

This means the seventh day is still occurring.

That upsets the maths because that seventh day extends from Eden to now and ongoing.

So if the days were equal, that puts the beginning way further back.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,300.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know what - But I;m not getting in to that right now.
I do not know what you imagine or what you heard. Also, consider there are universities all around the world so, what you imagine happening now in the USA/UK, is not happening in Italy, Poland, Brasil or Japan, for example.

World is much more complex than youtube videos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0