Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You're right that using the term "bless Mary" in the title of this thread was biased, intending to suggest that unless a Christian engages in all the extreme devotionals that the members of some denominations engage in...they, therefore, are hostile or indifferent towards the Virgin Mary.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, you missed something. Mary has no role as even a simple deacon, let alone priest or bishop or cardinal or pope. She is outside of that whole hierarchy thing you guys love to rail about, as outside of it as you and I are. Rail on, if you must.
Lol. Now a simple question is railing.
Sounds like an emotional investment feels threatened.
So your Queen Mother, dispenser of graces is outside hierarchy.
Right.
No surprises here.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Lol. Now a simple question is railing.
Sounds like an emotional investment feels threatened.
So your Queen Mother, dispenser of graces is outside hierarchy.
Right.
No surprises here.
Ah, you revile what you do not understand. Jude 10. Very simply, Mary is not and was not a priest, or a bishop. That was not her thing. Very simply she has no part in the hierarchy of the Church, which is by definition about priests and bishops if you knew what hierarchy actually meant. Words do have meaning. Oh, and no surprises here.

Oh my. I am adding the 1603rd post to an already ancient thread. Such foolishness on my part.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ah, you revile what you do not understand. Jude 10. Very simply, Mary is not and was not a priest, or a bishop. That was not her thing. Very simply she has no part in the hierarchy of the Church, which is by definition about priests and bishops if you knew what hierarchy actually meant. Words do have meaning. Oh, and no surprises here.
The point was that she is accorded titles like "dispenser of all graces" when she ISN'T doing such a thing as that. Once again, the bigger issue is that honoring her as a remarkable woman who found favor with God and, OTOH, treating her as though she's become something like a demi-god are two quite different matters.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The point was that she is accorded titles like "dispenser of all graces" when she ISN'T doing such a thing as that. Once again, the bigger issue is that honoring her as a remarkable woman who found favor with God and, OTOH, treating her as though she's become something like a demi-god are two quite different matters.
Whatever. When you folks stop beating the dead horse of Mary as part of the hierarchy, an absolutely silly claim, you can get back to claiming Catholics deify Mary, another absolutely silly claim. But whatever, as I said. I will call Mary blessed and you all can do as you please. In the end I can't successfully correct people who consider Mary as part of the hierarchy OR those who think we worship a quaternary. You all know so much more about it than I do.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Whatever.
You're pretty much acknowledging the validity of my explanation when you say that in reply, you know.

When you folks stop beating the dead horse of Mary as part of the hierarchy, an absolutely silly claim, you can get back to claiming Catholics deify Mary, another absolutely silly claim. But whatever, as I said. I will call Mary blessed
...and we all understand by now that you "calling Mary blessed" isn't the issue here. :doh:

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You're pretty much acknowledging the validity of my explanation when you say that in reply, you know.
Think what you like. I'm growing weary of watching you all repeatedly misusing the word 'hierarchy' as if it has anything to do with Mary. My saying 'whatever' is conceding that your habit of using the word wrongly is unbreakable. I'm giving up. Not worth it to me to go further. You can believe in your explanations all you want.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm growing weary of watching you all repeatedly misusing the word 'hierarchy' as if it has anything to do with Mary.
You quoted me there, although I have made almost no use of that particular argument and don't put much stock in it.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whatever. When you folks stop beating the dead horse of Mary as part of the hierarchy, an absolutely silly claim, you can get back to claiming Catholics deify Mary, another absolutely silly claim. But whatever, as I said. I will call Mary blessed and you all can do as you please. In the end I can't successfully correct people who consider Mary as part of the hierarchy OR those who think we worship a quaternary. You all know so much more about it than I do.
Silly is as silly does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that Christ is not the focus of my religion???????? That I can't venerate Mary, and still have Jesus be my Lord, God, and Savior???????????????????
Yes, she should not be put at the level of Jesus

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture says that all nations will call Mary blessed. Why is it that so many Protestants refuse to do so? Are they so afraid of appearing Catholic that they are willing to disrespect the Mother of our Lord? The only time they ever even talk about Mary when they either drag her out for Christmas or, in extreme cases, when they are disparaging her to say she was merely an incubator and no one special. What is with that?
My Dad and mother were Catholics and left for many reasons .

#1 there no such Greek word called PERGUATORY in the bible .

#2 Does the bible say that MARY is without SIN ?

#3 A verse if you have one in the KJV ?

#4 And I do not disparage Mary and Christ birth in Mary was by the Holy Spirit '

#5 And there are No Priests in the BODY OF CHRIST .

#6 No one can be a PRIEST in the OLD TESTAMENT unless they were in the LINEAGE of Aaron a Jew .and we are not the OLD COVENANT as it has been set aside in Acts 28:25--29 and in 1 Cor 3:15-18 , sorry !!

dan p

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
My Dad and mother were Catholics and left for many reasons .

#1 there no such Greek word called PERGUATORY in the bible .

#2 Does the bible say that MARY is without SIN ?

#3 A verse if you have one in the KJV ?

#4 And I do not disparage Mary and Christ birth in Mary was by the Holy Spirit '

#5 And there are No Priests in the BODY OF CHRIST .

#6 No one can be a PRIEST in the OLD TESTAMENT unless they were in the LINEAGE of Aaron a Jew .and we are not the OLD COVENANT as it has been set aside in Acts 28:25--29 and in 1 Cor 3:15-18 , sorry !!

dan p
I am more than happy to answer your questions, but they have probably been answered if you search the board already.

What did Christians do before the KJV?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am more than happy to answer your questions, but they have probably been answered if you search the board already.

What did Christians do before the KJV?
The Greek CHRISTAN , just means a follower of Christ , Greek word is Christianos , in Acts 11:26 .
So where in the KJV , with a verse do you find the Greek word for PURGATORY if n you want to engage me , and will kind toall when I reply !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The Greek CHRISTAN , just means a follower of Christ , Greek word is Christianos , in Acts 11:26 .
So where in the KJV , with a verse do you find the Greek word for PURGATORY if n you want to engage me , and will kind toall when I reply !!

dan p
This is off topic. You can search for purgatory on Christian forums and find those quotes from the Bible and early Church fathers. This thread is about the Mother of God.

Blessings

Upvote 0