Why doesn't the progressive world collapse?

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Desk,
because what Obama is doing is such a snowjob that it needs total unpacking. You should enjoy Prager if you are intellectually honest about analysing it. The point is, for you, it is there, and he did say it, because he wants to ignore human evil, and he wants you to feel good and everyone to lub each other.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
THE COLLAPSE THAT SOMEHOW NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENS
Interplanner, February 2015

Their world should have collapsed long ago; why doesn’t it?
They say there is global warming but the past two winters are the first time the Great Lakes have frozen over in years...
They said there was heterosexual AIDS but there wasn’t....
... the only reason to read the news is to collect and categorize lies.

Wherever you are standing, I'm glad I'm standing quite a long way away.
I do hope you never find a candidate for local or national office that you can unequivocally support.

"..the only reason to read the news is to collect and categorize lies."
This would be a good and honourable objective, if a limited one, if you had shown any evidence at all of being any good at spotting lies. To the contrary you show evidence of believing all sorts of things without the security check of adequate doubt and scepticism.
No Heterosexual AIDS? That's enough of an error to undermine any confidence in assertions made in the same piece of writing.
If a person believes that, they might believe *anything*.

Chris.

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Belk,

Most recently I noticed the movie producer B. Godawa reviewed IMITATION GAME as the most subversive film of our time.

Wow!
There has to be some seriously odd idea of "subversion" underpinning that remarkable statement.
I might have opted for the "Fast and Furious" series, with only half a tongue in cheek.

Chris.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
THE COLLAPSE THAT SOMEHOW NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENS
Interplanner, February 2015

Their world should have collapsed long ago; why doesn’t it?
They say there is global warming but the past two winters are the first time the Great Lakes have frozen over in years.
They said there was heterosexual AIDS but there wasn’t.
They say Islam was woven into the founding of the US; we were at war against jizzia at “the shores of Tripoli.” Jefferson printed Qur’ans with an intro page saying that this was who was after us and Europe.
They say there are 51 genders and counting; but the John Hopkins journal of medicine says it is a mental illness to alter one’s gender.
They say the economy is better than ever; they mean that borrowed government spending is bigger than ever and national debt is $70K per person—double its 2007 level.
They say Hillary is involved in so much crap that the fans are blowing it at each other; but ‘mock’ voting shows her winning.
They say they want to stop ‘violent extremists’ and used the acronym ISIL but never say that they are Islamic, that most terrorists are Islamic, that the terrorists call themselves IS and that they think that way because of the Qur’an.
They say they stopped the Nazi’s code and created a cinematic monument to this; yet the story shows that both genders were necessary, that the professor is seen as a martyr for initiating sex with his own students and that his harsh punishment was 50 years ago anyway, when, supposedly, no one would in their right mind would have followed Hitler…or created Enigma, either.
They call it marriage when two identical people who can’t accept the work of communicating with the other gender become partners, and have “sex” that is not sex, and cannot have children.
They say science says they were born that way; the same science that missed the winters of 14 and 15 and the Little Ice Age. The same science of genetic design that has steered many atheists to faith. The same science that says that the New Testament Greek term ‘man-intercourse’ is unknowable.
They call one police action a holocaust and destroy several parts of towns and call for the deaths of cops; 6 months later the AG quietly says it was the proper police response and makes no arrangement for those businesses destroyed.
They see people killed for cartooning Islam, but when the memorial service is held, they sing the atheist campfire tune by Lennon ‘Imagine’ to off the Christian gospel along with Islam.
They say there are more jobs than ever, and finally after 6 years Gallup admits they were never counting the people who had stopped looking. Then they say that these jobs should be given to Syrian immigrants—after they learn that our immigration staff are already overwhelmed.
They say same-sex marriage came about by popular vote; yet there are dictatorial moves by a few appeals courts over and over and over. That’s 3-4 people changing the molecular structure of civilization. There are colleges where you will be shamed and barred academically for not accepting it or not accepting 20 new gender vocabulary terms. Where, if you are taking English, you must accept the science of the homosexual gene, or fail and be blocked academically.
They say they love this country provided it is totally changed at the molecular level.
All this irrationality should have collapsed long ago but their stronghold over today’s media, academia and entertainment has enabled it or falsified its collapse. Freedom of thought ended in those areas some 50 years ago.
I hope the collapse is not too painful, but now that Obama has officially said Islam was involved in the founding of America, the only reason to read the news is to collect and categorize lies.

Interplanner has novels and scripts at amazon.com

I feel the bolded part is meant to be ironic.

Upvote 0

Winchester

Sep 18, 2014
✟15,298.00
The western civilization is changing constantly and is the sum of all people who are living in it no matter of their political views, their faith, culture, gender, language or origin. You can't forbid other people to have a different point of view than yours. Maybe you disagree with the current progress of the society but you can be sure that even all the liberals and progressive thinkers will find umpteen things they dislike. Don't focus on the river because it changes the way it looks to you every second. Don't get angry about things you can't change. Focus on things which are timeless and are not a waste of your energy, money and time.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't have a link but I heard some 20 minutes of the Wed. or Thu. speech at the so-called summit on so-called extremism. He was quite clear: he meant that Islam was involved in the founding of our country.

It's almost impossible having honest discourse with extremist right wingers, you simply say and argue things that are not true. It's like in your mind reality is bent and twisted until it represents what you want to believe rather than the truth.

Here are some snippets of his speech

Obviously, there is a complicated history between the Middle East, the West. And none of us I think should be immune from criticism in terms of specific policies, but the notion that the West is at war with Islam is an ugly lie. And all of us, regardless of our faith, have a responsibility to reject it.

And so we must recognize that lasting stability and real security require democracy. That means free elections where people can choose their own future,

You are flat out lying INterloper, you are lying not just a little bit, but a lot of bit. You can't come out and make a claim "Hey Mr. ABC raped Jane Doe last week" and then when asked about your proof you simply say, "Well, I don't have proof but I heard it from someone who heard about it..."

You are alleged all this nonsense and when asked for proof you have zero proof... I read the speech and in no way shape or form did he say anything even remotely close to what you claim.

Please stop lying. Just because you want to believe something doesn't make it true.

.... Positively involved. He gets this stupidity from listening to Rev. Wright for 20 years and then going into denial that he knows much about him.

pragerradio.com repeats its 15 hours of new material all weekend. R. Prager went over the speech point by point.

This is part of your problem right here, in typical extremist fashion you depend on someone else to spoon feed you your thoughts and tell you how to think.

I read the entire speech from start to finish, nothing even remotely close to what you claim was said in that speech.

please stop lying.

Also, Please explain how a Christian Pastor would preach how Islam was responsible for the founding of this country?

Rev Wright has a few rants caught on tape, but those rants are valid and represent a POV from the black community. As a big black man who has repeatedly had police draw down on me with guns for no reason and no probable cause whatsoever I can attest to a lot of what Rev Wright has to say. I was an officer in the military and held a top secret clearance during several altercations with overzealous police trying to violate my constitutional rights. So to me, Rev Wright isn't too far off the mark and represents a lot of how I feel. So don't try to present him as some crazy loon. I mean, haven't you been watching the news lately with police gone amuck? So how crazy is he? He is not. No matter how desperately you'd like for him to be.

Upvote 0