Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if any one will respond or not because there is nothing to argue in this thread.

I am interested to know why you follow God, what reason, your personal reason for following God?

For me I came to God at 6 at that time and still remains one reason today is my family never accepted me. I was never good enough. Here was God who said i will take you as you are, not only do I accept you but I give my life so you may live. I said that is my God, that is who I will follow He is worthy to be followed. Over the years i ran from God ever chance I got. God stayed by me and never left. He never gave up on me which led me to my next decision to stop running and give my life for Him. Meaning what He wants me to do i will do whether I like it or not, or do my best to. To me that is God, the only way a true God could be. I want to be like Him I want to imitate Him if I new what he wore I would dress like Him.

Even though i still sin, it breaks my heart now because I see Christ being whipped for that sin, or having a nail through one of His hands for that sin I just did. Sin pains me and i long to be free. I love God and he Loves me and that is why I follow Him.

Reactions: now faith

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi bluelion,

I think that I follow God for pretty much the same reason that Peter gave: "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

I also have read the Scriptures and determined in my heart that they are the truth about God, who He is and all that He has done. In this determination that they are the truth about such things, then I have established in my heart that I want what they offer. I want to enjoy the eternal life that they speak of. So, I seek from them the knowledge of what I need to be doing in order that I may obtain it. In short order, they instruct me that I must love God with all that I am and love others in the same way that I love myself. So, why do I follow God? Because He has given me the words of eternal life and I want what those words promise.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for those who respond. Do you think it is a personal relationship with God or just general? What I get from all 3 post is there is no where else to go, is that correct? Would you go some where else if there was? Something that through me for a loop and I had to talk to God about, was if there was nothing if i could have nothingness would still follow God if there was no hell. While I fear God because as Jesus said He can destroy me in Hell, I follow Him out of love. I would never want to live in this world forever but what I know about heaven and have experience I would want to live there for ever. Some times you been dirty for so long you forget what its like to be clean and you think maybe going to sleep would be better than a shower, its easier, but once you have that shower you can not remember what its like to be dirty and forget all about. This is what i think heaven is like.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think of it as having my cousin back around. We were as close as two brothers but didnt live under the same roof as kids (he has passed on now). Because I had a relationship with him, I had a relationship with his dad (my uncle). Without a good relationship with my cousin, I couldn't have a good relationship with his dad. When my cousin died, one of his final wishes was for his mom and dad to ensure I was taken care of (I was on a bad road). Because of this wish, I was adopted by them (not legally, as I was an adult at this point) and they took care of me (put me through school, showed me real love, were both a mother and father to me).

I find this to be a near perfect correlation to how I view the relationship to God the Father as a proxy via Christ. The way to the Father is through the Son...and a relationship is formed in a mutually inclusive fashion. In the same way my cousin advocated for me to his parents, Jesus advocates for us to the Father.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think of it as having my cousin back around. We were as close as two brothers but didnt live under the same roof as kids (he has passed on now). Because I had a relationship with him, I had a relationship with his dad (my uncle). Without a good relationship with my cousin, I couldn't have a good relationship with his dad. When my cousin died, one of his final wishes was for his mom and dad to ensure I was taken care of (I was on a bad road). Because of this wish, I was adopted by them (not legally, as I was an adult at this point) and they took care of me (put me through school, showed me real love, were both a mother and father to me).

I find this to be a near perfect correlation to how I few the relationship to God the Father as a proxy via Christ. The way to the Father is through the Son...and a relationship is formed in a mutually inclusive fashion. In the same way my cousin advocated for me to his parents, Jesus advocates for us to the Father.

sorry about your cousin. I am glad you had a family though i never did but always wanted one, i had one they just did not like me. I think that is a very good example of Jesus and The Father. Seems we have a lot in common 98.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Bluelion. I love God because He is Love, without God life would be empty and meaningless.
In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is, Love God with all thy heart,
with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40, we read:
On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." ( neighbour is all we know and all we meet,
friend and not friend) Treat all as we would love to be treated. Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us: " Ask and you shall receive,
we ask for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will bless us. We keep asking and receiving, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour.
The Bible tells to " Repent and be Born Again," give up our selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
A Christian`s weapon is Love, with love we can overcome all enmity and wrong behaviour. God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. We live in an imperfect world, and love and kindness will help to change every wrong. God Loves us and God wants our best, Love will help us change this world. I say this with love, Bluelion.
Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
sorry about your cousin. I am glad you had a family though i never did but always wanted one, i had one they just did not like me. I think that is a very good example of Jesus and The Father. Seems we have a lot in common 98.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dear Bluelion. I love God because He is Love, without God life would be empty and meaningless.
In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is, Love God with all thy heart,
with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40, we read:
On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." ( neighbour is all we know and all we meet,
friend and not friend) Treat all as we would love to be treated. Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us: " Ask and you shall receive,
we ask for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will bless us. We keep asking and receiving, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour.
The Bible tells to " Repent and be Born Again," give up our selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
A Christian`s weapon is Love, with love we can overcome all enmity and wrong behaviour. God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. We live in an imperfect world, and love and kindness will help to change every wrong. God Loves us and God wants our best, Love will help us change this world. I say this with love, Bluelion.
Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
Emmy always a joy, and as always find you preaching the greatest commandment. Might I suggest also preaching the least which is to tithe. I look at this commandment as giving back to God and not necessarily giving to a church or taking 10% of everything. I don't know if you will look at it the same or not. I just wanted to round you out, with love, your brother in Christ blu.

P.S love is what its all about with God.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where are Christians commanded to tithe?

This post is about why a Person follows God what their own person reason for that is. Please stay on topic in the future, but sense you ask. Mat 23
23 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.24 Blind guides! You strain your water so you won’t accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel!

I do not care to discuss it further in this thread but your welcome to open your own thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John Robie

Just checking in.
Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟32,545.00
Faith
Christian
This post is about why a Person follows God what their own person reason for that is. Please stay on topic in the future, but sense you ask. Mat 23
23 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.24 Blind guides! You strain your water so you won’t accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel!

I do not care to discuss it further in this thread but your welcome to open your own thread.
If you don't want people to discuss something, you probably shouldn't bring it up. And you probably shouldn't have a parting shot.

Just my two cents.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely personal. I have loved God as long as I can remember.
I know that I know that I know that He loves me like no other.

That is what it is, Love. That was the whole reason for everything, for us, for creation.

Reactions: BeachSun
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you don't want people to discuss something, you probably shouldn't bring it up. And you probably shouldn't have a parting shot.

Just my two cents.
We are giving glory to God here and why we follow Him. I going to have to ask you respect that. if you don't not wish to share why you follow God please do not post.

Upvote 0