Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He said the fulness of the Godhead bodily dwells in Christ, absolutely. He also said the christian has one God, the father, absolutely

Yes the Godhead being an older English word for Deity. From theotes.

Thomas understood this "My Lord and My God."

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What was not plain in what I posted from Scriptures?
I'm sure you are nice people, but ask you people who insist on an equal trinity to explain grace and none of you can do it. Its the same on every website I've been on. <Staff Edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You need to ask yourself why that is the required title. When peter affirmed Christ was the messiah, the son of the living God, did Jesus ask for a bigger definition? No! He was well pleased with peters words, full stop!
<Staff Edit>
You think the message of grace is undermined by the doctrine of the Trinity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The simplest answer I would give is that Jesus ( Matthew 1:21, He shall deliver His people from their sins) accomplished this for His people by His sinless life, atoning death, and justifying resurrection. 2 Corinthians 5:21;Romans 4:25; Galatians 2:20
WHY will sin not be your master for you are not under law but under grace?
My friend if you want to understand the message of grace you will HAVE to start relying on the holy spirit to lead you into truth, not the academic mind

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My friend if you want to understand the message of grace you will HAVE to start relying on the holy spirit to lead you into truth, not the academic mind
You mean by praying like the Psalmist in Psalms 119:18?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes the Godhead being an older English word for Deity. From theotes.

Thomas understood this "My Lord and My God."
Oh dear. So once again you throw out the words of Jesus.

Here's a clue:

Yet I will show love to the house of Judah, and I will save them- not by bow, sword or battle, or by horses or horsemen, but by the Lord, THIER God. Hosea1:7

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have answered that previously. Copy paste what I wrote, everyone will see you are asking a question already answered

Sorry, I must have missed it. If your motive is to disprove the Trinity, then I'll just say I agree that the Trinity concept is not necessary to describe God.

I, like you, worship God my Father and my Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sin will not be the believers master because Jesus lived a sinless life, died for sins, and rose from the dead.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because Jesus' sinless life, death for sin, and resurrection from the dead is not enough?
WHY will sin not be a persons master for they are not under law but under grace
Why are sinful passions aroused in people by the law if they live under it ron7:5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because Jesus' sinless life, death for sin, and resurrection from the dead is not enough?
An equal trinity is not required biblical belief, sin not being your master is required. You need to get things in their correct order

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Father is in Jesus and Jesus in the Father, as One. So saying Jesus is not the Father is unnecessary when understanding God.

I'd suggest you stop saying it, but you're free to do as you please. I pray God would help us unite under His Truth.

We abide in Jesus, and He with us; it doesn't mean we are Jesus, and Jesus is us! (John 15:1-7)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We abide in Jesus, and He with us; it doesn't mean we are Jesus, and Jesus is us! (John 15:1-7)

If we have the Holy Spirit we should be one in Spirit as Jesus is one with the Father and we are the body of Christ and we should have the mind of Christ.

John 17:21
"that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."

I hope you agree.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is the operative of your argument?

YHWH or kyrios? Or both?
Who was the God of Israel seen by 74 leaders of the Israelites in ex24:9-11?

Bearing in mind no man hath seen the father( john 6:46) and no man hath seen ( true) God at anytime 1john 4:12

1cor10:4. John 1:11

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we have the Holy Spirit we should be one in Spirit as Jesus is one with the Father and we are the body of Christ and we should have the mind of Christ.

"that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."

I hope you agree.
Please quote the next verse. Jesus prayed the believers may become one AS he and his father are one. So does that mean you me and redleghunter are three manifestations of the same person? Are you me or I you?

That they may be one AS we are one

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I hope you agree.

I believe in John 17:21

Where does it say that we should have the mind of Christ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.