Why do people hate the Seventh Day Adventists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malihah

Jun 7, 2020
Southeast
✟17,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Notice that there are no SDA on here to defend their prophetic ideas because their beliefs are untenable. Even though I disagree dispensationals at least they are smart enough to know that prophecy has an end-time application and is not something you can shoe horn into various periods of ancient history. When we look at Jerusalem today we can see 3 major world religions that reside there. Judaism and Islam are the fallen religions and Christianity is the religion that still is and the one that is to come will be a blend of Judaism and Christianity or the messianic Judaism that is so popular today. At the end Jerusalem will be the center of seven world religions and ten nations that bow to her old covenant authority.

• Optimistic
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Notice that there are no SDA on here to defend their prophetic ideas because their beliefs are untenable. Even though I disagree dispensationals at least they are smart enough to know that prophecy has an end-time application and is not something you can shoe horn into various periods of ancient history. When we look at Jerusalem today we can see 3 major world religions that reside there. Judaism and Islam are the fallen religions and Christianity is the religion that still is and the one that is to come will be a blend of Judaism and Christianity or the messianic Judaism that is so popular today. At the end Jerusalem will be the center of seven world religions and ten nations that bow to her old covenant authority.

Not really dear friend. You have your facts wrong again...

1. MARK OF THE BEAST - REVELATION 13-14; 17; 18
2. ARE YOU READY FOR THE MARK OF THE BEAST?
3. THE LAST DAYS AND THE BEASTS MARK

Feel free to join the conversation in the links provided above.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Malihah
Upvote 0

Malihah

Jun 7, 2020
Southeast
✟17,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not really dear friend. You have your facts wrong again...

1. MARK OF THE BEAST - REVELATION 13-14; 17; 18
2. ARE YOU READY FOR THE MARK OF THE BEAST?
3. THE LAST DAYS AND THE BEASTS MARK

Feel free to join the conversation there.

The mark of the beast is rejecting Christ and the best way ever discovered to do that is by keeping the law aka Jewish legalism. Ellen White was 'marked' the moment some demon came upon her and told her that she was a great 'prophet' of God. I mean honestly how do intelligent people fall for stuff like this.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ellen White was 'marked' the moment some demon came upon her and told her that she was a great 'prophet' of God. I mean honestly how do intelligent people fall for stuff like this.
How do people "fall for" stuff like weeping icons?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The mark of the beast is rejecting Christ and the best way ever discovered to do that is by keeping the law aka Jewish legalism. Ellen White was 'marked' the moment some demon came upon her and told her that she was a great 'prophet' of God. I mean honestly how do intelligent people fall for stuff like this.
I have only shared scripture with you dear friend. What is it in the scriptures shared with you that you do not believe? The scriptures shared with you are Gods' Word not my words. All I am hearing from you are your words that are not Gods Word but your words. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟375,462.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How do people "fall for" stuff like weeping icons?

Like this?
OIP.lKJkWPYJadax1CP-cGHyrwAAAA

Upvote 0

ForHimbyHim

May 18, 2020
Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have only shared scripture with you dear friend. What is it in the scriptures shared with you that you do not believe? The scriptures shared with you are Gods' Word not my words. All I am hearing from you are your words that are not Gods Word but your words. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them.
Personally all I saw was cherry picked scriptures, like someone put in a concordance the word 'commandments' then tried to prove their point using what they found. If you read the whole of Romans without a desire to find the word commandments you might find that the theme you get is different.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Personally all I saw was cherry picked scriptures, like someone put in a concordance the word 'commandments' then tried to prove their point using what they found. If you read the whole of Romans without a desire to find the word commandments you might find that the theme you get is different.
Please forgive me dear friend but I do not know what your talking about? If you would like to be specific as to what I have posted that you disagree with and why it would be helpful. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it as it is the Word of God that leads us to JESUS. If you have scripture to share then share it. If not why post an opinion you are not able to prove?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rstrats

Jun 27, 2002
✟78,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ForHimbyHim,
re: "Personally all I saw was cherry picked scriptures, like someone put in a concordance the word 'commandments' then tried to prove their point using what they found."

How about if you cherry pick some scriptures to support whatever point/s you are using to counter LoveGodsWord's scripture usage. Then the discussion could be over which ones better support the truth with regard to the issue in question.

BTW, isn't "cherry picking" pretty much what everyone does when trying to support a position?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟375,462.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ForHimbyHim,
re: "Personally all I saw was cherry picked scriptures, like someone put in a concordance the word 'commandments' then tried to prove their point using what they found."

How about if you cherry pick some scriptures to support whatever point/s you are using to counter LoveGodsWord's scripture usage. Then the discussion could be over which ones better support the truth with regard to the issue in question.

BTW, isn't "cherry picking" pretty much what everyone does when trying to support a position?

Not really. I post entire passages to provide context. It seems to be too much bother for cherry-pickers to provide context and an explanation as to how their conclusions can be drawn from the context.

Romans is a prime example. If there ever was a book, other than Galatians, which addresses the futility of the Law and those who would attempt to keep it in order to find favor with God, this is it. Nevertheless, we have seen multiple verses from Romans plucked out of their context to prove quite the opposite.

• Winner
Reactions: ForHimbyHim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Malihah

Jun 7, 2020
Southeast
✟17,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Like this?
OIP.lKJkWPYJadax1CP-cGHyrwAAAA

Venerating Mary and the saints is better than venerating Israel and the old covenant. Protestants are quick to point out that Paganism is a false religion and it is but not so quick to point out that Judaism is a false religion as well.

Upvote 0

Malihah

Jun 7, 2020
Southeast
✟17,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Sharing scripture and believing scripture are two entirely different things. We are saved by grace through faith not Sabbath keeping through Moses.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.