Why do people hate the Seventh Day Adventists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The world has always hated God's Commandment keeping people because Satan, the prince of this world, hates God's Commandments, especially the 4th that identifies the seal of the Creator. It's no accident that the 4th Commandment is the 1 out of the 10 that is forgotten... the only one that begins with the word "Remember".

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The world has always hated God's Commandment keeping people because Satan, the prince of this world, hates God's Commandments, especially the 4th that identifies the seal of the Creator. It's no accident that the 4th Commandment is the 1 out of the 10 that is forgotten... the only one that begins with the word "Remember".
Jude 1:9

Michael is not God.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't hate them.

Adventists believe Jesus is the archangel Michael. Which is not scriptural. Whether they are a cult or not I don't know.

I believe the scriptures say indirectly that Jesus was Michael.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You also don't believe that the 7th day Sabbath is still the day of rest for God's people, even though there is zero evidence supporting the change.
Yes I do.

Coming from a background of going to convert to Judaism I'm more enlightened in that area then a lot of folks are. The Sabbath will remain the Sabbath for all eternity, scripture's clear on that. However, I will say that "Saturday" is not the Sabbath, but the Hebrew Day in Israel is (Sundown to sundown). So Friday sundown in Israel to Saturday Sundown in Israel. I'm not sure if Adventists believe the same.

How one rests on the Sabbath, is another thing altogether.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I believe the scriptures say indirectly that Jesus was Michael.
Are you SDA?

See my post above. That verse alone clearly shows that Michael rebuked Satan in the name of the Lord. It also shows that Michael was humble towards the situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On YouTube I watched how the SDA are a cult. According to my dictionary there is nothing wrong with being a cult.

Here the SDA defends itself:
Don't worry, they seem to hate Jay Dubs as well, oh and Christians in general seem to have a whole lotta trouble with other Christians in general, and then theres the Jewish problem, everybody has a problems with Jews.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Don't worry, they seem to hate Jay Dubs as well, oh and Christians in general seem to have a whole lotta trouble with other Christians in general, and then theres the Jewish problem, everybody has a problems with Jews.

I have never disliked Jews!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you SDA?

See my post above. That verse alone clearly shows that Michael rebuked Satan in the name of the Lord. It also shows that Michael was humble towards the situation.

I am not a member of the SDA and I disagree with them often. But I have noticed that Michael does things that prophesy has Christ doing. Maybe you are a Trinitarian, that would explain your difficulty .

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, there is only One True God. Angels are created beings, not God. Michael was a created being.

But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you SDA?

Zechariah 3:2
And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Also, did Jesus not have a humble Spirit?

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Zechariah 3:2
And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Also, did Jesus not have a humble Spirit?
Ah, I see. God sometimes talks like that yes.

However if you read the two verses in context, the one in Jude is pretty clear on God being not himself, which is why it says that Michael "dared not" bring an accusation against Satan, but instead said "The Lord Rebuke thee."
It wasn't the same way of it being said.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, there is only One True God. Angels are created beings, not God. Michael was a created being.

But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”
You've never heard of our Lord being referred to as an angel?

Genesis 22:11-12
11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Genesis 22:15-18
15 And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,

16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Exodus 3:2-4
2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

Read all of Judges chapter 6...

Actually, it is so prevelent in the Bible that the Lord is called an angel of the Lord, I'm surprised people don't know this.

• Agree
Reactions: BrotherD
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.