Why do people believe in a Rapture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The -heaven- mentioned ,is the blue sky with the clouds and the wind right above your head that you can see everyday.

Oh, I see what you're trying to tell me now. Those people being gather in Matthew 24:31 isn't being gather from heaven, but from the sky above like the photo below. The people with their heads in the cloud are the one's being gather in Matthew 24:31 is what you're saying.

Am I right, this is your idea of a post trib rapture?
house-in-the-sky-670x300.jpg

Question: What about the people living closer to the ground on earth like these people in the photo below. Do they not get gather in Matthew 24:31?
casa_arvore2-.png

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always thought some pretribbers were getting their doctrine from Hollywood.

Thanks for confirming it. :oldthumbsup:

Nope! I actually got the video from the same place you learned your doctrine: YouTube.
images

You do know the words left behind is found in the bible right?.............................

Exodus 10:26 KJV
Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve theLord our God; and we know not with what we must serve the Lord, until we come thither.

I
1 Samuel 30:9 KJV
So David went, he and the six hundred men that were with him, and came to the brook Besor, where those that were left behind stayed.

Matthew 24:40 GNT
At that time two men will be working in a field: one will be taken away, the other will be left behind.

Matthew 24:41 GNT
Two women will be at a mill grinding meal: one will be taken away, the other will be left behind.

Luke 17:34 GNT
On that night, I tell you, there will be two people sleeping in the same bed: one will be taken away, the other will be left behind.

Luke 17:35 GNT
Two women will be grinding meal together: one will be taken away, the other will be left behind.”

Jeremiah 9:22 GNT
Dead bodies are scattered everywhere, like piles of manure on the fields, like grain cut and left behind by the reapers, grain that no one gathers. This is what theLord has told me to say.”

2 Samuel 16:21 GNT
Ahithophel answered, “Go and have intercourse with your father's concubines whom he left behind to take care of the palace. Then everyone in Israel will know that your father regards you as his enemy, and your followers will be greatly encouraged.”

Exodus 18:2 GNT
So he came to Moses, bringing with him Moses' wife Zipporah, who had been left behind,

Exodus 10:26 GNT
No, we will take our animals with us; not one will be left behind. We ourselves must select the animals with which to worship the Lord our God. And until we get there, we will not know what animals to sacrifice to

1 Samuel 30:9 NKJV
So David went, he and the six hundred men who were with him, and came to the Brook Besor, where those stayed who were left behind.

Ezekiel 24:21 NKJV
‘Speak to the house of Israel, “Thus says the Lord God: ‘Behold, I will profane My sanctuary, your arrogant boast, the desire of your eyes, the delight of your soul; and your sons and daughters whom you left behind shall fall by the sword.

...........................as well as the doctrine of left behind: Matthew 22:14, Matthew Matthew 22:8, Matthew 25:1-13, Matthew 7:21-23, Rev 2:1-7, Rev 2:12-29, Rev 3:1-6, Rev 3:14-22.

But the words Yo-Yo rapture or U-Turn rapture isn't found in the bible, why is that?

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=yo+yo+rapture&qs_version=KJV&limit=100

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=U+turn+rapture&qs_version=KJV&limit=100

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I see what you're trying to tell me now. Those people being gather in Matthew 24:31 isn't being gather from heaven, but from the sky above

We will be lift up in the air above the ground and gathered to meet Jesus in the air.Finally you begin to understand that there is no mention of a 7 years trip to Heaven where God reside happening before the Tribulation.

-If you can find mention of a 7 years trip to Heaven WHERE GOD RESIDE mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 please show us.

1 Thessalonians 4
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also that are fallen asleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we that are alive, that are left unto the coming of the Lord, shall in no wise precede them that are fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

17 then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟297,438.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalm3704 quoted several verses, trying but not succeeding to prove his point that being 'left behind' on the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, isn't a good thing.
I look forward to the great Day when I will be left behind and God's enemies are gone. Isaiah 66:15-17, Romans 1:18, Hebrews 10:27 and many more saying how the Lord will destroy all the ungodly peoples in His holy Land. Deuteronomy 32:40-43
God will protect and deliver His people on His terrible Day of wrath and they will gather and live in all that area given to Abraham in peace and prosperity. Isaiah 62:1-5

The first 6 verses of Isaiah 63, say how the Lord will judge the nations, killing His enemies, then:
Isaiah 63:7-10 I shall tell of the Lord’s unfailing love and of the great things He has done for His people, in His compassion for Israel. He said: surely they are My people, they will not be false with Me. So, He, Himself delivered then from their troubles. He carried them through all the days of old. Yet, they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit, so He turned against them and allowed enemies to conquer them.
God chose and prepared a nation that would be His friends and a witness about Him to the world. Sadly, they rebelled against their Maker, so their punishment was exile. This was to be for a defined period, Ezekiel 4:4-6, Leviticus 26:18 and now we look forward to the full gathering of all righteous believers into the Holy Land. Psalms 37:29

Isaiah 63:11-14 When in exile, they recalled the days long past and how Moses shepherded his flock through the sea and into the Promised Land, by the power of the Holy spirit. Thus, You led Your people and thereby gained everlasting renown.
Isaiah 63:15-16 Look down from the heavens – Your lofty throne and see us, Lord, for You are our Father. Where now, is Your zeal and Your valour, You are withholding Your compassion from us. Even though Abraham may not know us and Israel does not acknowledge us, You, Lord, are our Father and our Redeemer from of old.

Abraham does not know us and Israel does not acknowledge us” The ten Northern tribes, now lost to general knowledge, can still call on their Father and Redeemer of old. They are todays Christians, from every nation and language. Revelation 5:9 & 7:9

Isaiah 63:17-19 Why, Lord, do You let us wander from Your ways and harden our hearts, so that we no longer revere You? Turn again for the sake of Your servants, the tribes that are Your inheritance.
Why have enemies trespassed on Your sanctuary? Why have our enemies trampled the Land? You have not ruled over them, they are not Your subjects. We are Your people from ancient times, Your servants and witnesses.

Psalm 106:47 Deliver us, Lord our God, and gather us from among the nations, so that we may give thanks to Your Name and make Your praise our pride. Ezekiel 34:11-31

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the words Yo-Yo rapture or U-Turn rapture isn't found in the bible, why is that?

A Yo-Yo comes down and then goes back up.

You want Jesus to do a Yo-Yo.

Maybe you did not put much thought into this Dispensational claim, before repeating it...

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Finally you begin to understand that there is no mention of a 7 years trip to Heaven where God reside happening before the Tribulation.

What are you talking about? I've always known we don't get rapture into heaven for 7 years before the tribulation. And so does every PreTribber I've known.

We don't believe in a 7 years stay in heaven before or after the tribulation.

-If you can find mention of a 7 years trip to Heaven WHERE GOD RESIDE mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 please show us.

You still haven't answered this question yet in post #6261.

"Question: What about the people living closer to the ground on earth like these people in the photo below. Do they not get gather in Matthew 24:31?"

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A Yo-Yo comes down and then goes back up.

You want Jesus to do a Yo-Yo.

You still don't realized Jesus will do a yo yo? How many times has PreTribbers like Lamad already told you in 1 Thess 4:15-17, Christ descends to the air, raptures the church to meet Him in the air, then takes us to where He is in heaven: John 14:2-3.

You actually needed me to literally explain this to you?

Maybe you did not put much thought into this Dispensational claim, before repeating it...

Good advice, you should meditate on this.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about? I've always known we don't get rapture into heaven for 7 years before the tribulation. And so does every PreTribber I've known.

We don't believe in a 7 years stay in heaven before or after the tribulation.
You believe in a 7 years stay in Heaven DURING the Tribulation without any scriptures to back this belief.

Latest news from Heaven....the mansions in Heaven that were prepared for you 2,000 years ago are now equipped with giant LED screen TV sets and Ultra Fast Speed Internet Wi-Fi ....to accomodate the faithfull believers of the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine.

I have a bridge to sell...or a good 1956 used car like new,i can make a good price just for you... Psalm3704.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm3704 quoted several verses, trying but not succeeding to prove his point that being 'left behind' on the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, isn't a good thing.
I look forward to the great Day when I will be left behind and God's enemies are gone.

Here, I'll show you what "days of Lot" in Luke 17:28-37 means.

Days of Noah:
a) People were drinking, eating and marrying and will not know when the tribulation will come upon them. (No one knows the day and hour of the rapture).
b) The rapture of the church will happen at the beginning of the tribulation.
b) The day of the Lord came for the church and raptures the obedient part of the church to be with Him: 1 Thessalonians 5:2.
c) Millions of people instantly vanished. Cars without drivers crashes. Planes without pilots crashes. Sudden destruction comes upon the world: 1 Thessalonians 5:3.
d) After this worldwide event, everyone in the world now knows they've entered into the 7 year tribulation.
e) Before the flood came in Noah's day, everyone was eating, drinking and marrying and did not know what was about to come upon them till the flood came: Matthew 24:36-42. The flood was the announcement in Noah's days of the tribulation. The rapture will be the announcement in our day of the tribulation for the world.
f) There's no carcass mentioned in Matthew 24 because the church was raptured to heaven.

Days of Lot:
a)
Israel's tribulation comes like the days of Lot. Israel does not endure a 7 year tribulation. Their length in tribulation is 3.5 years (Time of Jacob's Trouble)
b) The first 3.5 years of the tribulation, the world endures the tribulation while Israel is at peace and prosperity. They signed a 7 year peace treaty with the a/c. No one attacks them.
c) The a/c and his army enters into Jerusalem in the middle of the tribulation, takes the temple and sets up the abomination that will cause the desolation of Jerusalem. Some of the Israelites begins to flee when they see the AoD set up in the temple: Matthew 24:15-22.
d) When all the 144,000 and other Israelites have fled to safety out of Jerusalem not knowing what is about to happen, fire (a nuke) will fall upon Jerusalem just as in the days of Lot: Luke 17:29. Others in Jerusalem that did not heed Jesus' warning in Matthew 24:15-22 were living a normal life unaware of what was about to happen to the Israelites: Luke 17:28. They too were unaware their time of tribulation was about to come upon them (eating, drinking and marrying): Luke 17:26-27.
e) Those to be saved that had fled to a safe distance from Jerusalem will experience a trembling from the explosion: Jeremiah 30:5-7. On that day, millions of Israel's enemies will be killed from the nuke dropped on Jerusalem: Luke 17:29, Jeremiah 30:8, Zechariah 14:12.
f) Now all of Israel knows their time of tribulation has come. Just as the days of Lot, fire from the sky came down upon Sodom after Lot fled to safety and destroyed everyone in the city.
g)
In Luke 17, those left behind in the city will die as Jerusalem will be destroyed: Zechariah 14:12, Isaiah 64:9-12, Jeremiah 26:18, Ezekiel 22:17-22, Isaiah 29:1-8, Luke 17:29-36, Matthew 24:15-22. Those who flee are the ones taken away to safety: (the 144,000 represents Lot who will fled the city just in time).
h)
Only in Luke 17 does the bible mention vultures and the carcasses, not in Matthew 24 or Mark 13.
i)
There's no vultures and carcasses in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 because this is the rapture, the days of Noah. Luke 17 is the Israelites fleeing to safety. The carcasses are those that got left behind and nuked in and around the city.

*Matthew 24 and Mark 13 were addressing the announcing event that triggers the 7 year tribulation for the world.

*Luke 17 was addressing the announcing event that triggers the 3.5 year tribulation for Israel.

The first 6 verses of Isaiah 63, say how the Lord will judge the nations, killing His enemies, then:
Isaiah 63:7-10 I shall tell of the Lord’s unfailing love and of the great things He has done for His people, in His compassion for Israel. He said: surely they are My people, they will not be false with Me. So, He, Himself delivered then from their troubles. He carried them through all the days of old. Yet, they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit, so He turned against them and allowed enemies to conquer them.
God chose and prepared a nation that would be His friends and a witness about Him to the world. Sadly, they rebelled against their Maker, so their punishment was exile. This was to be for a defined period, Ezekiel 4:4-6, Leviticus 26:18 and now we look forward to the full gathering of all righteous believers into the Holy Land. Psalms 37:29

Isaiah 63:11-14 When in exile, they recalled the days long past and how Moses shepherded his flock through the sea and into the Promised Land, by the power of the Holy spirit. Thus, You led Your people and thereby gained everlasting renown.
Isaiah 63:15-16 Look down from the heavens – Your lofty throne and see us, Lord, for You are our Father. Where now, is Your zeal and Your valour, You are withholding Your compassion from us. Even though Abraham may not know us and Israel does not acknowledge us, You, Lord, are our Father and our Redeemer from of old.

Abraham does not know us and Israel does not acknowledge us” The ten Northern tribes, now lost to general knowledge, can still call on their Father and Redeemer of old. They are todays Christians, from every nation and language. Revelation 5:9 & 7:9

Isaiah 63:17-19 Why, Lord, do You let us wander from Your ways and harden our hearts, so that we no longer revere You? Turn again for the sake of Your servants, the tribes that are Your inheritance.
Why have enemies trespassed on Your sanctuary? Why have our enemies trampled the Land? You have not ruled over them, they are not Your subjects. We are Your people from ancient times, Your servants and witnesses.

Psalm 106:47 Deliver us, Lord our God, and gather us from among the nations, so that we may give thanks to Your Name and make Your praise our pride. Ezekiel 34:11-31

Not fair Keras, you copied and pasted from your website: http://collectivefaith.com/blog/2097/deliver-us-lord/

But that's not the issue. What is is the error in the above scriptures as they're prophecies about Israel, not the church.

You're still not rightly dividing the words in the prophecies between Israel and the church. Below verse are not about the church. They're about Israel.

Case and point:

When did Moses ever lead the church to the Promised Land?

Why have enemies trespassed on Your sanctuary? Why have our enemies trampled the Land?

When did Christians ever owned a temple in Jerusalem?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Latest news from Heaven....the mansions in Heaven that were prepared for you 2,000 years ago are now equipped with giant LED screen TV sets and Ultra Fast Speed Internet Wi-Fi ....to accomodate the faithfull believers of the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine.

I have a bridge to sell...or a good 1956 used car like new,i can make a good price just for you... Psalm3704.

Why does anyone need a bridge when they have a heavenly mansion coming? Do you have a mansion coming your way? If not, keep the bridge.

Nah, I'm not buying anything here. My investment tip for you Riberra, Matthew 6:19-21.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does anyone need a bridge when they have a heavenly mansion coming? Do you have a mansion coming your way? If not, keep the bridge.
Latest news from Heaven....the mansions in Heaven that were prepared for you 2,000 years ago are now equipped with giant LED screen TV sets and Ultra Fast Speed Internet Wi-Fi ....to accomodate very soon the faithfull believers of the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine.I have tickets for a trip to Heaven i can make a good price just for you ... Psalm3704.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Latest news from Heaven....the mansions in Heaven that were prepared for you 2,000 years ago are now equipped with giant LED screen TV sets and Ultra Fast Speed Internet Wi-Fi ....to accomodate very soon the faithfull believers of the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine.

Not all mansions in heaven will be built the same. Each are personalize. Mines won't have giant LED screen TV sets or high speed internet cause I won't need it.

God is the builder and He knows what each of us desires most. It sure ain't a TV set.

Riberra, you can have my giant LED screen TV set on earth when I'm gone.

2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

Hebrews 11:10
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not all mansions in heaven will be built the same. Each are personalize. Mines won't have giant LED screen TV sets or high speed internet cause I won't need it.

God is the builder and He knows what each of us desires most. It sure ain't a TV set.

Riberra, you can have my giant LED screen TV set on earth when I'm gone.

2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

Hebrews 11:10
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

The Bible is not saying that you will inherit it by a pre-tribulation rapture to Heaven...

Revelation 3:12
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God,and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible is not saying that you will inherit it by a pre-tribulation rapture to Heaven...

Revelation 3:12
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

When John and Paul warned us not to let others steal our crown Revelation 3:11, they were referring to not letting others with their deceptive doctrines talk you out of the Pretrib rapture where the Bema Seat will be helded heaven.

When you miss the rapture to heaven, you forfeited all rewards you've earned.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When John and Paul warned us not to let others steal our crown Revelation 3:11, they were referring to not letting others with their deceptive doctrines talk you out of the Pretrib rapture where the Bema Seat will be helded heaven.

When you miss the rapture to heaven, you forfeited all rewards you've earned.
Do some effort to try to prove a pre-tribulation rapture to Heaven.

-If you can find mention of a 7 years trip to Heaven WHERE GOD RESIDE mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 please show us or shut up forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do some effort to try to prove a pre-tribualtion rapture to Heaven.

-If you can find mention of a 7 years trip to Heaven WHERE GOD RESIDE mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 please show us or shut up forever.

If you can find a 7 year stay in heaven in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, I'll leave CF. Deal? Put up or shut up?

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm3704 said in post 6237:

. . . if there is no trip to heaven, and 1 Thess 4:15-17 is the same as Matthew 24:29-31, than how did the elects get to heaven in Matthew 24:31?

Do you mean that the rapture will take believers into the 3rd heaven (cf. 2 Corinthians 12:2b)? If so, note that no scripture requires that believers will be raptured any higher than the clouds of the sky (the 1st heaven) to hold a meeting in the air with Jesus at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17). After that meeting, in which the church will be judged by Jesus (Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27), and the obedient part of the church will be married to Jesus (Revelation 19:7, Matthew 25:1-13), the obedient part of the church will come back down from the sky (the 1st heaven) with Jesus (Revelation 19:15-21) to reign on the earth with him for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). After the 1,000 years and subsequent events (Revelation 20:7-15, Ezekiel chapters 38-39), the obedient part of the church will live on the new earth with God the Father and Jesus in the literal city of New Jerusalem (Revelation chapters 21-22).

-

There are 3 heavens (2 Corinthians 12:2b). The 1st heaven is the sky, the atmosphere, in which the birds fly (Genesis 1:20b). The 2nd heaven is outer space, where the sun, moon, and stars reside (Deuteronomy 4:19). Where God resides is the 3rd heaven (2 Corinthians 12:2b, Revelation 4:1-2), and so it is beyond outer space, in the sense of it being in a higher (i.e. a 4th) spatial dimension. And it is a physical place, for Jesus ascended there in his physical resurrection body (Acts 1:9-11, Luke 24:39). And Paul said that he could have visited there in his physical body (2 Corinthians 12:2). Also, Elijah and Enoch were taken up there in their physical bodies (2 Kings 2:11, Genesis 5:24, Hebrews 11:5). And the 2 witnesses will be taken up there in their physical bodies (Revelation 11:11-12).

In the 3rd heaven, there is currently a literal city 1,500 miles cubed (Revelation 21:16), which is called New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:2), the heavenly Jerusalem (Hebrews 12:22), the Jerusalem which is above (Galatians 4:26), and the Father's house (John 14:2, Revelation 21:2-3). In the future, God will create a new earth (a new surface of the earth) and a new heaven (a new 1st heaven, a new atmosphere for the earth) (Revelation 21:1). And then God will come down in New Jerusalem from the 3rd heaven to the new earth to live with people on the new earth (Revelation 21:2-3, Revelation 3:12b). It is New Jerusalem which has the literal pearly gates and streets of gold (Revelation 21:21) which people ascribe to heaven. So what people think of as heaven, in the sense of living in bliss with God, will eventually be on the new earth.

Currently, the 3rd heaven is where paradise is (2 Corinthians 12:2,4). And paradise is where believers go when they die (Luke 23:43,46). So believers go to the 3rd heaven when they die. Also, paradise is where the literal tree of life is (Revelation 2:7). And the tree of life is in New Jerusalem (Revelation 22:2). So when people go to paradise, they go to New Jerusalem.

The earth's 3rd heaven could be high above the north pole (cf. the connection between heaven and the north in Isaiah 14:13, KJV). Regarding what we today call "the northern lights", even though they can been explained by physics, they could still point to the location of the glory of the earth's 3rd heaven. And Psalm 48:2's reference to the north could refer to the location of New Jerusalem in heaven.

Psalm3704 said in post 6238:

The possibility of a believer escaping the Tribulation is mentioned in Luke 21:36.

That's right.

But note that Luke 21:36 doesn't require a pre-tribulation rapture. For some in the church will escape all of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18, Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 by dying before it begins (Isaiah 57:1). And others in the church will escape all of it by being physically protected on the earth during it (Revelation 12:14-16, Psalms 91). Those who will escape it by dying before it begins will stand before the Lord in the 3rd heaven (Philippians 1:21,23; 2 Corinthians 5:8). And those who will escape it by being miraculously protected on the earth during it will stand before the Lord in the sky at the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:17), which won't occur until immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8; Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

-

Also, note that while at the future point in time of Revelation 7:2-4, only the 144,000 male-virgins part of the church (Revelation 14:1,4) will be sealed for physical protection, all obedient people in the church will still be spiritually protected during the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, no matter what happens to them physically (Romans 8:35-37). Also, before Revelation 7:2-4 happens, the 144,000, along with some others, will be physically protected so that they will survive the tribulation's 1st stage (in Revelation 6), while others will die and their souls will enter heaven (Revelation 7:9,14). It is near the end of this 1st stage that the 144,000 will be sealed (Revelation 7:3-4) for physical protection before the unsealing of the 7th seal (Revelation 8:1), out of which will come the tribulation's 7 trumpets (Revelation 8:1-2). The first 6 trumpets' events, up to Revelation 9:19, will be the tribulation's 2nd stage. The seal which the 144,000 will receive (which will be different from and in addition to the seal of the Holy Spirit himself which they and all others in the church receive: Ephesians 1:13) will physically protect them during this 2nd stage (Revelation 9:4).

After the 2nd stage, the 144,000 male-virgins part of the church will be caught up in their mortal bodies as the "man child" to God's throne in heaven (Revelation 12:5, Revelation 14:4-5, Textus Receptus), like how Enoch and Elijah were caught up in their mortal bodies to heaven (Hebrews 11:5; 2 Kings 2:1). Right after the 144,000 are caught up, the tribulation's 3rd stage, the literal 3.5-year worldwide reign of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") will begin (Revelation 12:5-6). This time period is shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5-18, Revelation 14:9-13).

The 144,000 will remain in heaven before God's throne (Revelation 14:5, Textus Receptus) during the time of the Antichrist's reign (Revelation 14:9-13, Revelation 13:5-18), while 2 other parts of the church will still be on the earth: the figurative "woman" who represents those in the church who will flee into prepared wilderness places and be physically protected (Revelation 12:6,14-16); and the remnant of her seed (Revelation 12:17), those in the church who will remain in the cities and not be physically protected, but will be persecuted in every nation, imprisoned, and beheaded by the Antichrist (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13).

After the Antichrist's reign is declared legally over at the sounding of the 7th trumpet (Revelation 11:15), the 7 plagues of the 7 vials of God's wrath will come out of the 7th trumpet's heavenly-temple opening (Revelation 11:19, Revelation 15:5 to 16:1). These vials (Revelation 16) will be the tribulation's 4th and final stage. Because the church isn't appointed to God's wrath (1 Thessalonians 5:9), none of these vials will be directed at those in the church who will still be alive on the earth at that time, still waiting for Jesus' coming as a thief (Revelation 16:15). Instead, they will go into protective chambers which they will have built for themselves on the earth (Isaiah 26:20), just as Noah and his family went into the protective ark which they had built for themselves on the earth (Genesis 7:7). So some in the church will survive the entire future tribulation on the earth. They are those who will still be "alive and remain" at Jesus' 2nd coming to be raptured (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8). These survivors will have experienced God's miraculous physical protection (Psalms 91) without having to have been part of the 144,000.

Psalm3704 said in post 6238:

The church of Philadelphia was promised deliverance from “the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth” (Rev. 3:10).

Note that the 7 letters to 7 churches in Revelation chapters 2-3 were sent to 7 literal, 1st century AD local church congregations in 7 cities in the Roman province of "Asia" (Revelation 1:11) (what is today western Turkey).

Revelation 3:10 meant that the literal, 1st century AD local church congregation in the city of Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7) in the Roman province of "Asia" (Revelation 1:11) would be kept safe from a persecution which came upon all the Roman world during the time of the Roman emperor Domitian. For the apostle John saw his Revelation vision (Revelation 1:1) near the end of Domitian's reign (Irenaeus, Against Heresies 5:30:3c), and Domitian persecuted the church toward the end of his reign. The righteous, literal, 1st century AD local church congregation in the city of Smyrna (Revelation 2:8) in the Roman province of "Asia" (Revelation 1:11) had to suffer and die in that persecution over a period of 10 literal days (Revelation 2:10).

The 1st century AD church in Philadelphia didn't have to be taken out of the world to be kept safe from (Greek: "ek") that persecution. For, as Jesus prayed for the church in general: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from (ek) the evil" (John 17:15,20). Also, the 1st century AD church in Philadelphia didn't have to be removed from time itself or from the earth in order to be kept from the "hour" (or the "time") of that persecution, just as, for example, a student in a classroom who has been excused from taking a test doesn't have to be removed from time itself or from the classroom in order to be excused from that time of testing. For he can be made to sit at his desk reading during that time, which won't be a time of testing for him.

Also, the 1st century AD persecution of Revelation 3:10 (and Revelation 2:10) was only "world"-wide in the sense of the Roman "world" (cf. Luke 2:1). So the subsequent reference to those on the "earth" in Revelation 3:10 should be understood as those Christians living on the earth during that time in the Roman empire, as opposed to those Christians who had already died and gone to the 3rd heaven (cf. 2 Corinthians 5:8, Philippians 1:21,23).

Psalm3704 said in post 6263:

...as well as the doctrine of left behind: Matthew 22:14, Matthew 22:8 . . .

Regarding Matthew 22:14 and Matthew 22:8, note that they in no way require a pre-tribulation rapture. Also, in intervening verses, Matthew 22:11-13, the wedding garment represents the righteousness of believers (Revelation 19:8), which is conditional not only on their continued belief (Romans 3:22), but also on their continued doing of righteous deeds (1 John 3:7, James 2:24). Some believers will end up suffering the fate of Matthew 22:13 because of unrepentant laziness (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a, Romans 2:6-8), or unrepentant sinfulness (Luke 12:45-46, Hebrews 10:26-29; 1 Corinthians 9:27), or apostasy (Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:6; 2 Timothy 2:12b).

...as well as the doctrine of left behind: Matthew 22:14, Matthew 22:8, Matthew 25:1-13 . . .

Regarding Matthew 25:1-13, the 10-virgins parable, note that it shows that the marriage of the church to Jesus won't occur until his 2nd coming (Matthew 25:10), which Jesus had just finished saying won't occur until "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-31), just like Revelation 19:7 shows that the marriage won't occur until after the (never fulfilled) tribulation, shown in Revelation chapters 6 to 18.

...as well as the doctrine of left behind: Matthew 22:14, Matthew 22:8, Matthew 25:1-13, Matthew 7:21-23, Rev 2:1-7, Rev 2:12-29, Rev 3:1-6, Rev 3:14-22.

Regarding Matthew 7:21-23 and the Revelation passages, note that they don't require a pre-tribulation rapture.

But Matthew 7:21-23 does show that both faith and obedience to God are required for believers to enter ultimate salvation (Romans 2:6-8, Hebrews 5:9, James 2:24). And there is no assurance that they will choose to obey (Matthew 25:26,30, Luke 12:45-46).

Also, Matthew 7:23a could be hyperbole (like Matthew 23:24b is hyperbole). For Matthew 7:22 could refer to truly saved people, true believers in the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, John 20:31), who had truly repented from their sins (1 John 3:6) and had truly performed many wonderful works for Jesus to the end (John 15:4-5). But at some point subsequent to their initial repentance, they had fallen back into some unrepentant sin (Matthew 7:23b; 2 Peter 2:20-22), so that they had to be completely rejected by Jesus in the end despite their continued faith and good works (1 Corinthians 9:27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Hebrews 10:26-29).

Regarding the ability to cast out demons (Matthew 7:22), that is one of the signs that people are saved, that they are believers in the gospel (Mark 16:17). People must be very careful not to fall into the unforgivable presumption of Mark 3:22-30.

Psalm3704 said in post 6271:

There's no carcass mentioned in Matthew 24 because the church was raptured to heaven.

Matthew 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase [ptoma] is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Matthew 24:28 isn't referring to the rapture, but to a dead body being eaten by eagles (Job 39:30b, Revelation 19:21). In Matthew 24:28, the original Greek word (ptoma: G4430) translated as "carcase" is used to refer only to a dead body (e.g. Matthew 14:12, Mark 6:29, Mark 15:45, Revelation 11:8-9).

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke17:37 said in post 6239:

However, consider who is favoring beheadings today.

Note that beheading isn't limited to Muslims. The Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast"), who won't be a Muslim, could employ beheading as his preferred method of execution (Revelation 20:4) for the same reason that the atheists employed beheading during the French Revolution (using guillotines): in order to instill terror in people who would oppose his rule. For beheading is the most graphic and bloody (i.e. the visually most shocking) way to kill people.

Also, the Antichrist could employ beheading for the same reason that the ancient pagan Romans employed it: because it is painless (when it is done with one blow, such as with a large axe). The Romans employed it whenever they executed a Roman citizen, such as Paul the apostle (Acts 21:39, Acts 22:25-29), who was beheaded when he was executed by the Romans (Tertullian, Scorpiace, chapter 15). People who weren't Roman citizens, such as Jesus Christ and Peter the apostle, were executed by the very painful method of crucifixion (Tertullian, Scorpiace, chapter 15). That is, the Antichrist could claim that he is beheading people (with one blow, such as with guillotines) because he is such a good guy, he doesn't want to cause them any pain; he just needs to remove them from the scene so they won't (in his words) "hinder the progress of humanity to a higher spiritual level".

Also, the Antichrist could employ beheading because he could have grown up surrounded by Muslims. That is, since his childhood, he could have been aware of beheading as being claimed to be a very religious act (i.e. in Islamic jihad: Islamic "holy war"). And the Antichrist himself could have grown up as a Druze Arab, in Lebanon, in the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:4). And the Druze religion is quasi-Islamic.

The Druze religion is different from Islam in that it is waiting for the 2nd coming of a God-man named Hakim. The Antichrist's last name could be Hakim, and he could at first present himself to the Druze people as the fulfillment of the 2nd coming of this God-man. In this way, he could get the Druze to support him without question during an initial rise to power among the Arabs. The Druze Arabs could be the numerically "small people" of Daniel 11:23. The Antichrist could make them his completely-devoted bodyguard, and buy them many key positions of power within a future United Arab States (which the Antichrist could become the leader of in the 1st stage of his world takeover), and employ the Druze as loyal spies and assassins at every level of his United Arab government and military.

The Druze religion is very secretive. What it teaches to its higher-level initiates isn't even taught to its lower-level initiates. What it could teach to its higher-level initiates could basically be Gnosticism mixed in with the Hakim God-man idea. The Antichrist himself, while outwardly a Druze, could inwardly be a Gnostic Luciferian. He could be a highest-level initiate of a worldwide secret society which ultimately teaches Gnostic Luciferianism, but keeps this a secret even from its own members who haven't been initiated into its highest level.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.