LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Loammi why did hashem allow the temple to be destroyed again?...is it not odd?...and durring the time of the Christian movement? Does that say something at all?

Why did He allow it be destroyed during the Babylonian exile which happened long before there was a Christianity?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why did He allow it be destroyed during the Babylonian exile which happened long before there was a Christianity?
Punishment for following falsehood I suppose...

You think the temple was destroyed as punishment for following Christianity?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Punishment for following falsehood I suppose...

You think the temple was destroyed as punishment for following Christianity?

The Temple was destroyed for the same reason it was destroyed the first time; we weren't doing the right thing. We weren't keeping Torah and we were not loving each other as we loved ourselves. So we were scattered, which is always the punishment for failure, and the Temple was destroyed.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Temple was destroyed for the same reason it was destroyed the first time; we weren't doing the right thing. We weren't keeping Torah and we were not loving each other as we loved ourselves. So we were scattered, which is always the punishment for failure, and the Temple was destroyed.

Thanks for the clarification

Upvote 0

fizzygiraffe

There's No Present Like The TIme
Aug 24, 2015
✟7,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As God wills. But not the whole of the Jews.
Remnant: a part or quantity that is left after the greater part has been used, removed, or destroyed.

I wanted to add this to my earlier thoughts as it came to me while running errands earlier.
That remnant you mentioned dfw69. What if those are what are now known as Messianic Jews that scripture is referring to?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to add this to my earlier thoughts as it came to me while running errands earlier.
That remnant you mentioned dfw69. What if those are what are now known as Messianic Jews that scripture is referring to?

It could be ...I guess. But imo they will have to submit to new covenant terms of casting off Torah

My guess is that won't happen till the 144000 are sealed and taken to heaven and Enoch and Elijah returns. And the spirit of hashem is poured out as before...and the final antichrist is ruling from Jerusalem who will set up a golem in the temple...

Upvote 0

fizzygiraffe

Aug 24, 2015
✟7,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think we have to recall that the first Christians were formerly Jews. As were all Christ's disciples Jewish. Those men whom he chose to be his disciples.

Maybe accepting the consolidation of Torah into the new testament is the key. MJ's after all do accept Jesus was Messiah.
I think Paul is an example of a Jew, a Pharisee, and a Roman citizen, accepting Jesus was the prophesied Messiah. Who better to know the scriptures than a Pharisee? And to accept Jesus was the promised one says a great deal.

I think that is why Jesus appeared to him. Knowing what Jesus had called vipers before he departed the world would never accept him of their own accord.

But a man who did not know Jesus while he walked and delivered his ministry. A Pharisee, who held Stephen's cloak as he was stoned to death. And that Pharisee, one of the most learned in matters of all things pertaining to the Jewish faith and law, received the truth of Christ while in his travels to persecute yet more Christians who were formerly Jewish.
Powerful testimony there in scripture concerning Paul.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we have to recall that the first Christians were formerly Jews. As were all Christ's disciples Jewish. Those men whom he chose to be his disciples.

Maybe accepting the consolidation of Torah into the new testament is the key. MJ's after all do accept Jesus was Messiah.
I think Paul is an example of a Jew, a Pharisee, and a Roman citizen, accepting Jesus was the prophesied Messiah. Who better to know the scriptures than a Pharisee? And to accept Jesus was the promised one says a great deal.

I think that is why Jesus appeared to him. Knowing what Jesus had called vipers before he departed the world would never accept him of their own accord.

But a man who did not know Jesus while he walked and delivered his ministry. A Pharisee, who held Stephen's cloak as he was stoned to death. And that Pharisee, one of the most learned in matters of all things pertaining to the Jewish faith and law, received the truth of Christ while in his travels to persecute yet more Christians who were formerly Jewish.
Powerful testimony there in scripture concerning Paul.

Yet Paul taught the mixing of law and grace was not correct and he called it another gospel...

Paul taught Jerusalem is in bondage under the law and new Jerusalem is free from Torah

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Yet Paul taught the mixing of law and grace was not correct and he called it another gospel...

Paul taught Jerusalem is in bondage under the law and new Jerusalem is free from Torah

Without Torah, nothing would exist.
Sadly there are many crackpots who do not know this, as histoy tells and apparently up until this day today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly there are many crackpots who do not know this, as histoy tells and apparently up until this day today.

Torah is a governor for man's way of life ...now replaced by Christian law for those who place themselves under its authority...what does that have to do with creation?

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Torah is a governor for man's way of life ...now replaced by Christian law for those who place themselves under its authority...what does that have to do with creation?

For if the creative letters were to depart even for an instant,
God forbid, and return to their source being the degree of Godliness from whence they emanate,
all would become naught and absolute nothingness.
And it would be as though they had never existed at all.
Exactly as Before the utterence, "Let there be a firmanent"

The Baal Shem Tov has explained this concept at great length, so there is plenty to take from.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For if the creative letters were to depart even for an instant,
God forbid, and return to their source being the degree of Godliness from whence they emanate,
all would become naught and absolute nothingness.
And it would be as though they had never existed at all.
Exactly as Before the utterence, "Let there be a firmanent"

The Baal Shem Tov has explained this concept at great length, so there is plenty to take from.

Creative letter of Torah holds all things together ?...where are these creative letters placed?...I'm not understanding you

Upvote 0

fizzygiraffe

Aug 24, 2015
✟7,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, I know. That is in keeping with a Pharisee becoming a Christian and why.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fizzygiraffe

Aug 24, 2015
✟7,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That you resort to a personal attack to make your point diffuses your point. Anti-Christian rhetoric is just as offensive as antisemitism.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
That you resort to a personal attack to make your point diffuses your point. Anti-Christian rhetoric is just as offensive as antisemitism.
Let me see if I can think up a nice name for them, Vipers, sons of the devil, there are really some juicy ones invented by the Church fathers, but they have all been taken, so what am I left with?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does Torah mean to you?

For Jews in Judaism it means observations of laws such as the 613 mitzvah. For us gentiles it's noahide laws. ...promises are made to those who keep them

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me see if I can think up a nice name for them, Vipers, sons of the devil, there are really some juicy ones invented by the Church fathers, but they have all been taken, so what am I left with?

Could just be just expressions for wickedness ..foul spirits demons devils serpents all references to evil works

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Could just be just expressions for wickedness ..foul spirits demons devils serpents all references to evil

Just a while ago you said Christians don,t judge.

Don,t worry, I,ve have been called those and worse, I am happy, because itis not true,
just think if it were true.

Torah is 1,2,3,4,5 books of Moses, dictated to Him by the Holy One blessed be He.

Example,
When Moses said, "If You cannot forgive them, then strike out my name from the book You
are writing."

Moses name is not there in rest of the chapter.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.