Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Salam

I suspect two reasons, according to Christian recordings of him:

1) He is claimed to be the Messiah

The Prophecies regarding the Messiah weren't fulfilled and justice was not established on earth nor did he rule as a King of Israel.

2) He is claimed to be son of God or God or 1/3 of a trinity of God.

This goes against the theology of Jews hence he would not be accepted.

The Muslim recording has a different take on the issue.

They claim that

1) Yes he is the Messiah but never died so will fulfill the Prophecies in the end times much like Elyas would fulfill the Prophecies in the end times when he returns.

2) He never claimed to be more then a Messenger/Prophet, and the rejection was more of shortcoming on the Jews part, they didn't want to support the Prophets over their leaders. This was true of Prophets before Jesus as well.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Let's look at it from another angle. We believe there are a set of prophecies that relate to the Messiah. I can share these later when I am not on my phone. When we look at those, they have not been fulfilled so we know that the Messiah has yet to come. We haven't rejected anybody;nobody has completed the task.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
why do jews reject jesus?

I don't know about rejecting Jesus. If they think he existed at all, they might say he was a great rabbi. A better question is why they reject Christianity, but the answer to that should be obvious. Is there anything about the Christian treatment of Jews over the last two thousand years that would persuade them this is a loving, compassionate religion from God? Is there anything in Christianity that would attract them to it? For that matter, is there anything in Islam that would attract a Jew? Granted Muslims have historically treated Jews slightly better, but only slightly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WoodrowX2

Nov 27, 2013
North Dakota, USA
Visit site
✟9,599.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In what way does the Qur'anic image of Jesus meet the prophecies of the Tanakh?

It dosen't but we believe that upon his return he will fulfill them,

No that is not from the Qur'an or Ahadith. It is based more on what we expect Jesus(as) to do upon His return.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
It dosen't but we believe that upon his return he will fulfill them,

No that is not from the Qur'an or Ahadith. It is based more on what we expect Jesus(as) to do upon His return.

Which is exactly what evangelical Christians believe.

I think Martin Buber probably put it best. "Christians say the Redeemer has come, but the world is not redeemed."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
why do jews reject jesus?

For the same reason they "reject" Sabbatai Zevi and Jacob Frank. The same reason Christians reject [the claims of] Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Baha'u'llah, and Sun Myung Moon.

As a Christian I believe that when Jesus returns it will be, indeed, Jesus Himself. That Child born of Mary's flesh is the One I look for, any and everything else is a counterfeit.

I wouldn't say I reject Ahmad or Baha'u'llah, I simply do not recognize them beyond them being religious founders. They simply do not play a role in my religion. Same with Muhammad, Siddartha, and Nanak; they simply don't feature in my religious tradition or theology.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't say I reject Ahmad or Baha'u'llah, I simply do not recognize them beyond them being religious founders. They simply do not play a role in my religion. Same with Muhammad, Siddartha, and Nanak; they simply don't feature in my religious tradition or theology.

Yes, this is accurate to us. Jesus doesn't play a role in our faith. He isn't a prophet, he isn't a rabbi, he isn't a deity. At absolute best, he was a Jewish man who claimed certain things, fell short of them, and was executed by the Romans in the same way thousands of other Jews were executed. He isn't rejected; he's a non-factor.

Reactions: unno-Dey
Upvote 0

Dialogues

Mar 9, 2014
✟8,410.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Just as the precise interpretation of a dream becomes apparent when it is fulfilled, prophecies also have an interpretation which is made clear at the time of fulfillment, and this serves as a trial for people, which helps to separate the righteous from those who wish to make excuses to deny the prophecies.

Peace.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Just as the precise interpretation of a dream becomes apparent when it is fulfilled, prophecies also have an interpretation which is made clear at the time of fulfillment, and this serves as a trial for people, which helps to separate the righteous from those who wish to make excuses to deny the prophecies.

Peace.

*according to your faith.

Judaism does not see it that way. Joseph interpreted Pharaoh's dream without it coming to pass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dialogues

Mar 9, 2014
✟8,410.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
*according to your faith.

Judaism does not see it that way. Joseph interpreted Pharaoh's dream without it coming to pass.

Joseph was a prophet who was guided by God in attaining the knowledge of interpretation.

Most of the people who have dreams do not have the pleasure of their interpretation given to them by a prophet.

When the prophecies are fulfilled, the prophet who fulfills them also explains them. Prior to this time, people make conjectures and attempt to understand them, and get them right to some extent. But there is no guarantee it is always accurate, and righteousness demands that people accept their incomplete knowledge with regard to their understanding of the prophecies.

Peace.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Joseph was a prophet who was guided by God in attaining the knowledge of interpretation.

Most of the people who have dreams do not have the pleasure of their interpretation given to them by a prophet.

When the prophecies are fulfilled, the prophet who fulfills them also explains them. Prior to this time, people make conjectures and attempt to understand them, and get them right to some extent. But there is no guarantee it is always accurate, and righteousness demands that people accept their incomplete knowledge with regard to their understanding of the prophecies.

Peace.

From my point of view, people are tested when others tell them it's been fulfilled when it hasn't been and those who cross over to the other side have failed the test. A Jew is to stay true to Torah even in the face of the entire world screaming that we are wrong. We are to cling to Torah. Every faith I know that loves to tell us we're wrong first tells us that we no longer need Torah; we can have something else!

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2013
✟18,105.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't the Bible imply that he indeed was Elijah?

He was the return of the Spirit and Power of Elijah, according to Jesus.

The reason I am asking ViaCrucis this question, is - many were expecting the literal return of the flesh and blood of Elijah and they got - John the Baptist, born of a woman.

And ViaCrucis just stated that Jesus of Nazareth is going to literally return in the flesh.

Why would he accept John the Baptist as the return of Elijah, but expect a physical return of Jesus?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.