• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why do I go through these cycles, falling into the same old traps?

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually....I'm still listening to all the stuff that I was. But on Tuesday I talked with my best friend, my youth pastor, and we talked through some stuff and I realized that I had been really angry with myself and had some forgiving to do....so I am beginning to forgive myself and haven't been in that low place since Tuesday...almost a week....so, I'm doing alright....I also found out that I get very anxious when I don't sleep. And around the same time that I had begun to listen to MCR and The Blood Brothers, I began to sleep less than 6 hours a night....and I'm used to about 8 or 9...which is great for me....but then I started going to bed around midnight and waking up many times during the night and waking up real early because the anxiety began to build...and with each night it got worse and worse until sleep was something that I dreamt about in the few hours I managed to collect during the night. And each night I spent those restless hours listening to MCR and the Blood Brothers....the first made me depressed and the second made me angry....both emotions that I felt before....the music just magnified it into something that I was beginning to totally lose control of. I still don't sleep as much as I should, cause lack of sleep and this music is a good feeling....but I do catch up on weekends....during the week I go to bed late, but on weekends I sleep a whole heck of a lot...so, it all evens itself out...I'm doing alright....just please pray for my friend.....he's not doing so good....really struggling with some depression issues and roommate stuff....keep him in your prayers now instead of me....thank you, Lauren

Upvote 0