Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
greyhame said:
just wanted to know why.
Hmmm. No one in my family, church or circle of friends hate anyone.
Remember, "christ-ianity" is a Title, just like Judaism and Islam, and just because one believes in the "Christ" of the NT or the God of the OT, doesn't make them perfect or pure.

Btw, are Wiccan all united in peace, love and joy for all mankind? If so, then you are better than the "divided" group you call christ-ianity.

Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. 18 " Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; 20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken. 21 How the faithful city has become a harlot! It was full of justice; Righteousness lodged in it, But now murderers.

Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. 18 " Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; 20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken. 21 How the faithful city has become a harlot! It was full of justice; Righteousness lodged in it, But now murderers.

Reactions: tocis
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
greyhame said:
okay then let me rephrase, what do christians not like about wicca?
I personally enjoy talking to all kinds of people, religious or not religious.
How do muslims and jews view them?.

Upvote 0

ThisYid

Jun 5, 2006
✟15,294.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
BS'D

Shalom,

My experince with Wiccans has never really been pleasent in real life. While the ones I meet here on the forums tend to be nice and balanced people, the ones I've had to live and deal with, have been an entirely different case.

Case in point, my old room mate, when I was in the Army and had to live in the barracks, was a self proclaimed Wiccan, at one point I guess. Everytime he had a headache, he would tell me he was in a mental duel with his archnemisis back in California ( Cali?..imgaine that...) and had this really unhealthy obsession with Aliester Crowly (Who has nothing to do with Wicca). He was a really nice guy tho, he offered to battle any demons for me, if I ever managed to upset one enough to attack me. Eventually, he told me about this dream he had, where this great spirit came to him and identified itself as Odin and proceded to tell him that he (Odin) had selected him to become his follower. He told me about this dream and then proceded over the weeks to convert to some kind of Norse Paganism.

Needless to say, meeting this guy and his like minded friends has damaged my perception Wiccans and Pagans alike. Now this kind of Trauma hasn't caused me to hate or even be disrespectful to people who are Wiccan or pagan...I just kinda...look at them and wonder, ya know? ;)

Peace my friend :wave:

Upvote 0

AlanGurvey

May 21, 2006
Socal USA
✟17,099.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
peach16_4u said:
christians do not hate wiccans... at least the ones that understand what being a christian is don't. Christians don't agree with wicca. The religion is the problem, not the person.

Similar to a person who once told me, its not that I hate you, it is your ethnicity that I hate

TO BAD THE HATE SPILLS OUT REGARDLESS!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
AlanGurvey said:
Similar to a person who once told me, its not that I hate you, it is your ethnicity that I hate

There is also still a lot of prejudice "white" christians that look at Negroes and most minorities the same way, both in Europe and the US. What a shame.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
AlanGurvey said:
It is, shame they don't follow the actual doctrines of thier faith isn't it? Christ said never to hate, If i do remember correctly.
Yes, the Bad Ole Christ-ians again. :D Just as the Jews were "deaf and blind" in the OT, so it appears Christ-ians are too today. Oh well.

Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. 18 " Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; 20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

(Young) Mark 9:7 And there came a cloud overshadowing them, and there came a Voice out of the cloud, saying, `This is My Son--the Beloved, hear ye him!!!!;'

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm a Christian, I don't hate wiccans (I hate fluffbunny-ism, simply because it is the wiccan branch of "religious" ignorance, as extremist fundamentalists are the brach to Christianity and Islam), and I admire some Wiccan beliefs.

"If it harms noone, do what you will" is a good starting point for morals. Not quite "love others as you love yourself" (people seem to forget the italicized part, or don't realize that that justifies some behavior that is, well, left-hand-path is the closest I can describe it), but it's good start.

I disagree with pantheism (which some Wiccans believe in, but not all), simply because I feel I'm not my alcoholic aunt, or Adolph Hitler, or a tree.

Realizing the feminine aspect of the Divine? Thumbs up.

Separating the feminine aspect (or separating the masculine aspect, as is more often the case, or the neutral-gender aspect, as pretty much always happens) from the Divine? Thumbs down.

Theurgy? Just call it prayer, it's just what it is, and the rest of the west will know what you're talking about.

Thaumaturgy? Don't believe it can happen. I believe you can trick yourself into thinking it. To be fair, I don't believe that "donating" $100 to some televangeli$t is going to get the financial success that they promise God will give you.

Practicing in the nude? Not my style.

Completely ignoring Gerald Gardner? If it floats your boat.

Acting as if he wasn't the guy that made it up, but that all those people that got torched in the middle ages were in fact pagans, and not Jews, Muslims, unpopular people, people with too much money, people with too little money, people that thought, etc? A basic disrespect for history. However, that goes under fluffbunnery, which I've already stated I hate.

Being one with nature? I is a human being, not a tree, and I like eating dumb animals, and I know I can't save the earth or the whales.

All paths equal? Meh, no reason for me to convert then.

Reactions: ravenscape
Upvote 0

azzy

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Rock Hill SC
✟49,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
greyhame said:
just wanted to know why.

All christians dont hate wiccans,or those in the craft.
And all those in the craft,including satanist,dont hate christians.Some satanist could care less about christians,they are to busy with life to worry about what someone else believes.

Some do hate,however,on both sides.

I have seen them,and heard them,and talked with them both.
----------------------------------------------------
Most of those in the craft get irked at the idea that they need to be saved,and they get insulted when you tell them thier God and ,or,Goddess is really the devil in disguise.

Not many pagans want bible thumping snot nosed baptist fundamentalist who think all witches are female satanists,,,,trying to save them.

So,yes I have personally wittnessed pagans trashing christians,because of the way they have been treated by them.After a while,you can hardly stand it anymore,because a person has only so much tolerance,before they just want to puke.
------------------------------------------------
But for every hatefull christian,there is a God fearing and loving one,who in kindness will reach out to the hurting,and will serve in love,those who are ensnared.
Im not saying all pagans are ensnared either,but some are,with dark dreams,and cutting themselves,and a low self esteem,and a feeling of emptiness within thier heart.

Not all witches feel this way,but some do.And some christians are the same way,ensnared by hate,lust,emptiness,and so on.
So,I guess its all about sharing Gods love with the downcast.And with the person who see,s no hope,to share the hope that lies within every person who has Christ dwelling within thier heart.

But then again,pagans do the same,ministering to each other when they see anyone who needs a hug,or a good word,or when someone needs to know they are loved.

Ohwell,what do I know.

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
greyhame said:
just wanted to know why.
Can you give me more information? A specific incident or something that prompted the OP?

Imo, most Christians personally don't have any animosity towards non-Christians but, by definition, hold non-Christian religions to be untrue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rae said:
I'd say this forum mostly demonstrates that Christians hate Muslims, and for several reasons. Misconceptions that all Muslims are like the Saudi terrorists who bombed the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, misreadings of the Koran, general dislike of non-Christian religions, and distrust of Arabic peoples are some of them.
Have you ever looked at the multitudes of "CREEDS" in "Christendom"? That is one thing I like about the Islam religion, they don't have a 1000 different denominations, beliefs and doctrines like "Christendom" does. Peace to all.

http://www.creeds.net/

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever looked at the multitudes of "CREEDS" in "Christendom"?
Indeed I have. Bill Moyers once said on one of his religion specials he did for PBS that growing up in a Baptist church as a kid, one thing Baptists regularly said about themselves is "If you get two Baptists in a room, you have a fight" (over their beliefs was implied).

There is no reason to hate all members of any religion, unless there really is a religion with 5-10 members, all of whom are extraordinarily nasty.

Upvote 0

tocis

Warrior of Thor
Jul 29, 2004
Northern Germany
✟10,966.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
ThisYid said:
My experince with Wiccans has never really been pleasent in real life. While the ones I meet here on the forums tend to be nice and balanced people, the ones I've had to live and deal with, have been an entirely different case.

Disclaimer: The following is based on my personal impressions strictly, and I didn't have too much contact with any Wiccans so far. So please don't jump all over me with criticism, I don't claim to be absolutely right ;)

While I trust that many Wiccans take their faith really seriously, the religion as a whole seems to have very much of a "spirit of protest or even rebellion" to it. Kind of like ancient heathen concepts merged with a generic distaste of a brand of christianity that is very fundamentalist and intolerant.

And when was the last time you all found you like someone who protests against your views? :D

(This "protest feeling" also leads me to not being surprised when I hear reports of Wiccans who act every bit as aggressive as fundamentalist christians - or muslims, for that matter. If faith b is basically a counterforce to faith a, it's not too stunning to find b using the same methods a uses too)

Let alone that the christianity(or monotheism?)-based concept of "witchcraft=evil, always and everywhere" easily collides with a religion the very name of which already seems to scream "witch" :p

*prepares to catch flak*

Okay, I jumped into my bunker. Let the shelling start :D

Upvote 0

tocis

Warrior of Thor
Jul 29, 2004
Northern Germany
✟10,966.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
AlanGurvey said:

To quote (from memory) from somewhere on www.creationtheory.org:

"[racists] like to say that they don't discriminate against those of different skin colors et al, they just think that the "races" should keep separate. Yeah right. So what are we supposed to call them, 'non-racist separatists'?"

As if the label on the box matters if the content stinks anyway... :sigh:

Upvote 0

tocis

Warrior of Thor
Jul 29, 2004
Northern Germany
✟10,966.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
AlanGurvey said:
It is, shame they don't follow the actual doctrines of thier faith isn't it? Christ said never to hate, If i do remember correctly.

Yeah, it's funny. There are those verses in the NT where Jesus says (reciting in my own words) "Love God and love your neighbor like yourself, that is the whole of the law". Even though I'm not a christian anymore, I still love these words. How much more wisdom and humanity can you place in a single sentence?

Strange how there so many of both christians who place so much weight on the OT ten commandments, and christians who don't care a (self-censored) about the above-quoted. Both is, strictly speaking, utterly incompatible with the (as I see it) most important tenet of christianity.

Upvote 0